Yasin, moulanakhalil
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 12:44
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Hadith does not mention that the prostitute didn't consider her actions to be sin. I too am a very big sinner, may Allah forgive me, but I don't make halal that which Allah has declared haram. There's a big difference between a sinner and a misguided aalim who has corrupt aqaid and who misguide other people.

However I've never said that Ghamidi Sahab cannot be forgiven. I can never say that. I've no idea if I will die in a better state than Ghamidi or not. May Allah protect our Imaan.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 12:48
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I understand the position you are coming from. The very major problem is that an average person is unable to differentiate from the correct opinions of famed individuals and the wrong and totally deviant opinions.

We live in an era were the cults of celebrity and fame are predominant. People will like the style and eloquence of a certain speaker or writer. Then they will start consuming the entire output of that particular individual. Accept all their opinions as being Haq, and label their critics as being misguided, intolerant, and deviants.

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and Maulana Wahidudin Khan are both part of my youth, and I was inspired by both. But I would never recommend either of them to others. Incidentally both will have a cult of followers who follow them exclusively. And no one else. And either they defend every opinion of theirs no matter how problematic or they furnish the argument "dont you know how much work of the deen this person has done over decades, and dont you realise how many people have been guided through them."

There is no disputing that, but when individuals start offering deviant opinions that are liable to misguide we need to wary of them. And caution against them. Because these same individuals that had guided tens of thousands back to the deen at one point in time. Now are in the position of misguiding tens of thousands.

Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 13:07
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

I understand. A cult mentality does immense harm. And, I also understand that not everyone is in a position to take only the good and leave out the bad from such personalities. That ability to discern likely only comes about after decades of experience. I would never recommend such personalities to an impressionable person. Yet, I would wager that those who are already firmly following traditional ulama could stand to take some benefit from such personalities, especially Shaykh Hamza (HA) and Maulana Wahiduddin (HA), because these two in particular have acquired knowledge in the traditional setting, under ulama.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 13:31
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Unfortunately you will not find many traditional Ulemah who are as eloquent or as charismatic in speaking as a Shaykh Hamza Yusuf.

You will not find many traditional Ulemah who are as gifted in their writing ability as Maulana Wahidudin Khan. I dont know about his urdu writing skills I have read alot of his English books. He is unmatched.

Speaking to you from the western experience, from what I have observed. Even those who follow traditional Ulemah are swayed by the eloquence, the articulation and charm of people like Shaykh Hamza once they are exposed to them and stop following the traditional ulemah.

Even worse I have a couple of youth in my family who are Madressah educated one Aalim and one Hafiz. Who follow individuals that are totally unqualified who post videos on youtube ( that is these selfmade youtube preachers). Because they have been taken in by their eloquence, fame and number of followers. If madressah educated youth cant be discerning from who they take deen what hope for the regular youth.

Worse still I dont know if you are aware but the same logic that you are applying has been applied whole sale in America. With catastrophic results we have for example a Qadiyani who defends Islam speaks out against Islamophobia. And has hundreds of thousands of followers on social media. The logic people are applying he is doing good he is defending the deen, defending muslims so what if he has certain minor differences with mainstream muslims.

We have several political activists in America who have acquired millions of followers these individuals for the same reason they firm in speaking out against Islamophobia, issues like palestine. But at the same time they have been campaigning for LGBTQ and other deviant issues.

So in America as one Scholar has said mournfully; The standard for a persons muslimness is no longer whether they live their lives in accordance to Quran and Sunnah. But rather the standard of muslimness is whether that person is speaking out against Islamaphobia or not. If they do this the rest of their opinions are accepted as well.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 14:08
View original post

This is truly eye opening. I honestly did not know any of this. The situation in the West sounds really alarming. Subhanallah, I'm in even more awe of the people who are able to protect their deen and their eeman in such an environment. We seem to have it relatively much easier here in the Subcontinent. Thank you for writing such a detailed reply.

The Qadiyani story is so heartbreaking. It is written somewhere in Fazail e Amal that Allah SWT takes the work of deen from even those who will have no share of it in the Akhirah (or words to that effect.)
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 14:25
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

As for the Qadiyanis ..This is part of their method of Dawah by stealth. Into becoming accepted by mainstream muslims. It is a deliberate strategy first step gain followers on social media, by partaking in social Justice campaigning and community and civic issues and defending Islam. Then second step is to gain sympathy and acceptance by decrying the persecution of Qadiyannis. And it is working. They are getting wider acceptance amongst the youth in America.

Same strategy has been applied by the pro Homosexual and Feminist and other so called progressive and liberal Islam lobbies. In the USA.

They use social media and protest against Islamaphobia stand-up for palestine. Then they promote deviancy. Most of these groups and individuals are patronised and have backing of government agencies and the Yahood organisation. This is the new method of trying to dismantle Islam. They have realised they cant eliminate Islam completely instead they are trying to reform and corrupt Islam. Making deviant beliefs and ideologies mainstream amongst the next generation. And projecting the orthodox muslims as backward and extremist.

+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 15:22
View original post

May Allah SWT protect us all. I have a feeling this disease will be exported to the Subcontinent in maybe a decade or two.

How are the sane Muslims in the West combating this assault of the deviants? Perhaps we can emulate their ways when this battle comes to our shores in the near future.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2021 16:32
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

There is a difference In the English speaking countries, of the west.

Dynamics and cultural differences are in play. America at the moment seems like a lost cause. The celebrity Shaykhs are part of the problem.They are too afraid of a backlash from the media so avoid issues that could be considered controversial or make ambiguos statements.

Others amongst the Celebrity Shaykhs are retweeting Muslim political activists who speak against Islamaphobia and for Palestinian rights. Argument being our endorsement of one point does not mean endorsement of all views. Except youth see their favourite shaykh supporting a pro-homosexual, pro-feminist, pro-liberalism, pro abortion, activist such as Ilhan Omar for example and support everything she does. Various deviants are invited to speak at Islamic Conferences and the Shaykhs appear both on stage with them and political protests with them also.

In U.K. our forefathers arrived from the villages, faced bigotry and hatred
early on. We have held on strongly to our traditions be it religious or cultural. So the modernists whilst being heavily funded and active have not had the same impact. Our village mindset has helped protect us. We live mostly in majority muslim only neighbourhoods, even our local shopping areas are like bazaars back home. The traditional Ulemah still have greater sway. The traditional study circles are still popular. Traditional gender segregation at Islamic events is still widely practiced.

In America and Canada alot of the immigrants from muslim countries, in particular from Sub-continent are from the middle classes, due to the visa system allowing easier access and residency to university graduates. These university class of immigrants and their children and grand children have been more open to modernity. I suppose because being Westernised is seen as the height of sophistication to them.

So in a nutshell Canada and America are messed up.

In Europe we have stood firm after arriving in the countries of our former colonial masters. In countries like France the president Macron and his government are taking the steps to effectively out law traditional Islam. Because the muslims were resistant to the propoganda and programming.

America and Canada are not former colonial rulers. The immigrants there were more accepted on arrival a few decades ago. And readily embraced the America and Canadian ideal.

So in a nutshell only option we have is to stand firm on our tradition and refuse to compromise. But in future it will become more difficult. When various laws are enacted.

I can easily see both BJP and the Congress seeking to promote a liberal Islam and patriotic pro-India first Islam in the future in India.

Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2021 17:06
View original post

The majority of Indian Muslims, thankfully, are rural, and are respectful of Ulama. So, I guess our situation is similar to the Desi Muslims of England, and we will hopefully be more resilient to the tactics used by baatil in the US/Canada (i.e., fuhush/zanadiqa coated with anti-Islamophobia activism). The American West Coast, especially from San Francisco to Vancouver, gives off this extremely unpleasant vibe due to their widespread acceptance of LGBTQ+ culture.

Liberal Islam will likely not be able to get much of a foothold either, but India-first nationalism is already fairly well entrenched.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2021 20:35
uk is going in same direction as usa. especially these young grads from darul uloom. very dangerous trend. all pushing silly liberal feminism western islam. they seem to think the way to impress and get kuffar to come to islam is by portraying islam being compatible and same as their lifestyle. why would a kaafir become muslims if all we got to offer is the same rubbish but with islamic names? islams beauty and strength is that its a better alternative complete way of life.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2021 01:22
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

As salam alaykum

Shaykh, is this is a significant trend among new darul uloom graduates, or is it only a fringe group of madrasa graduates pushing for a liberal western Islam? If it's a fringe group, then there are always some bad apples, and we've had graduates from major seminaries in the Subcontinent go on to Salafism, Maudoodism, Shiaism, even Qadiyanism (albeit Lahori, and not full on Mirzai). If a majority are going down that liberal western Islam path, then it's a poor reflection on their teachers.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2021 06:28
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

At the moment its a fringe element...considering in the internet age the fringe voices have a greater platform to spread fitnah. In the future the social dynamics and demographics might change.

And ALLAH knows best.

Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2021 05:55
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

(salam)

Hope ur doing well إن شاء الله ..

Kind request to cease using honorifics to the likes of Wahiduddin khan..

Qadhi Iyad رحمة الله عليه in his Kitaab Al Shifa writes that a Person who even says that the button on the Noble attire of our beloved Prophet (saw) is dusty / dirty, (iyadhubillah) he is Kaafir..

This unfortunate man went way ahead saying Our Beloved Prophet (saw) is not the Complete Model for Today but that of Isa (Alaihis Salam) is.. (Iyadhubillah Min Zaalik) ..

Moreover he is a follower of Sanathan Dharma and fancies more of Krishna than Islam.. He received the Padma bushan award this year for being their ' Model Muslim '.

duas..

wa Assalam..