Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Niqab and the Hanafi Madhab

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
ummi taalib, Taalibah, abu mohammed, the fake shaykh, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Moonlight
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2010 16:33

Asslamo Allaikum,

I spoke to Mufti Yusuf Sacha Saheb (DB) this weekend and he said that there are lots of people who are saying that Hanafi Madhab allows women to expose their face and the evidence is NOT from primary sources, rather the Madhab obligated Niqab later on.

Mufti Yusuf Sacha Saheb (DB) said that this is incorrect and the Niqab is actually present and proven by the primary sources and he quoted the following Hadeeth of Saheeh Bukhari:

http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?Doc=0&Rec=10053

حدثنا ‏ ‏عبد الله بن يوسف ‏ ‏أخبرنا ‏ ‏مالك ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏ابن شهاب ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏عروة ‏ ‏عن ‏ ‏عائشة ‏ ‏رضي الله عنها ‏ ‏قالت ‏
‏كان ‏ ‏عتبة ‏ ‏عهد ‏ ‏إلى أخيه ‏ ‏سعد ‏ ‏أن ابن وليدة ‏ ‏زمعة ‏ ‏مني فاقبضه إليك فلما كان عام الفتح أخذه ‏ ‏سعد ‏ ‏فقال ابن أخي عهد إلي فيه فقام ‏ ‏عبد بن زمعة ‏ ‏فقال أخي وابن وليدة أبي ولد على فراشه ‏ ‏فتساوقا ‏ ‏إلى النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏فقال ‏ ‏سعد ‏ ‏يا رسول الله ابن أخي قد كان عهد إلي فيه فقال ‏ ‏عبد بن زمعة ‏ ‏أخي وابن وليدة أبي ولد على فراشه فقال النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏هو لك يا ‏ ‏عبد بن زمعة ‏ ‏الولد ‏ ‏للفراش ‏ ‏وللعاهر ‏ ‏الحجر ثم قال ‏ ‏لسودة بنت زمعة ‏ ‏احتجبي منه لما رأى من شبهه ‏ ‏بعتبة ‏ ‏فما رآها حتى لقي الله

http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0088.aspx

XVII. The child belongs to the bed, whether the woman was free or a slave

6368. 'Urwa related that 'A'isha said, "'Utba ibn Abi Waqqas took an undertaking from his brother, Sa'd, 'The son of the slavegirl of Zam'a is my son. Take him into your care.' In the year of the Conquest, Sa'd took him and said, 'He is my nephew, I gave an undertaking about him.' 'Abd ibn Zam'a stood up and said, 'He is my brother, the son of my father's slavegirl. He was born on his bed.' They both went to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and Sa'd said, 'Messenger of Allah, he is my nephew. I gave an undertaking about him.' 'Abd ibn Zam'a said, 'He is my brother and the son of my father's slave. He was born on his bed.' The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'He is yours, 'Abd ibn Zam'a.' Then the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, ' The child belongs to the bed and stones belong to the adulterer.' Then he said to Sawda bint Zam'a, 'Veil yourself from him,' because of the resemblance he saw in him to 'Utba. He did not see her until he met Allah [i.e. died]." [Bukhari]

report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2010 20:06
Walaykum salam

Jazakallah!!
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 15:17

It says in the Hadeeth clearly that the child NEVER saw her face and people still arguing that Niqab is not mentioned in Hadeeth!!!

+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th September 2013 15:31
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 21st September 2013 00:21
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 15:47
+6 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 28th May 2014 16:29
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 4th July 2020 15:57
Butchery of the Arabic Language

www.muftisays.com/forums/14-peoples-say/13503-is-the-niqa...

Whoever wrote this article has no clue about the Arabic language and construction of various nouns and verbs. Here is debunking of this stupidity in 3 steps for laymen without the need for an extensive background in Arabic language:

Step 1:

Loading Qur'aan Verse

The word used in the Qur'aan for intoxicant as "Khamru"

Step 2:

Loading Qur'aan Verse

The word used in the Qur'aan for covering is "Khumur"

The claim of the article is that "Khumur" is not a head covering but connected to intoxication! This is false because the Arabic etymology is different:

خِمار: (اسم)

الجمع : خُمُرٌ ، خُمْرٌ ، أَخْمِرَةٌ
الخِمَار : كلُّ ما ستَرَ ،
خمار المرأة :ثوب تغطّي به رأْسَها ، .
خِمَارُ الرَّجُلِ : عِمَامَتُهُ ، وفي الحديث حديث شريف أنه كان يمسحُ على الخُفّ والخِمَار /: العمامة

Laymen can just ignore the Arabic above and move to step 3...

Step 3:

The exact word "Khimar" is also used for men while demonstrating Wudhu. It is used as "head covering" for both men and women", see example as follows:

حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامُ بْنُ عَمَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عِيسَى بْنُ يُونُسَ، عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، عَنِ الْحَكَمِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ أَبِي لَيْلَى، عَنْ كَعْبِ بْنِ عُجْرَةَ، عَنْ بِلاَلٍ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ مَسَحَ عَلَى الْخُفَّيْنِ وَالْخِمَارِ ‏.‏

It was narrated from Bilal (RA) that: The Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon Him) wiped over his leather socks and his head cover (i.e., over the Imamah).[Ibn Majah]

Go ahead and translate the Arabic word in red (underlined in English) in any other way other than covering on the head :P
+4 -0Winner x 3