You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, sister-in-islam
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 25th March 2010 22:11
Hold on fast to the Jamaat of Muslims and their Imaam [Imaam Bukhari Page 509, vol.1],

One who separates oneself from the Jamaat (of Muslims) even a hand-span, will die a death of ignorance [Bukhari page 1045, vol.2]

Imam al-Tirmidhi (Rahimahullah) said: "The explanation of al-Jama'ah according to the people of knowledge: They are the people of fiqh, knowledge and Hadith." (Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 4/2167)

Imam's Ahmad and Abu Dawood (Allah's mercy be upon them) said that Abu Dharr (Allah be pleased with him) reported the Prophet (Peace be upon him) as saying: "He who separates from the main body (of the Ummah) by even a hand's breadth from the Community he throws off Islam from his neck." (Mishkat-ul-Masabih, 1/185 & Sunan Abu Dawood, 3/4740)

Imam Hakim (1/116) has related a Sahih Hadith from the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in the following words: "My Ummah shall not agree upon error."

'Umar (Allah be pleased with him) reported that on one occasion Allah's Messenger (Peace and blessings be upon him) stood up among them and said:"Whoever among you desires the centre of paradise should keep close to the Jama'ah for the Devil closely accompanies the solitary individual and is more distant from two." (Collected by Imam Tirmidhi)

'Arfajah (Allah be pleased with him) reported (Allah's Messenger, peace be upon him, as saying):"that Allah's hand is over the Jama'ah and the Devil is with whoever deviates from the Jama'ah." (Collected by Imam al-Tabarani)

'Abdullah ibn Masood (Allah be pleased with him) reported that once Allah's Messenger (Peace be upon him) drew a line in the dust with his hand and said, "This is the straight path of Allah." Then he drew a series of lines to the right of it and to the left and said, "Each of these paths has a devil at its head inviting people to it." He then recited (Qur'an 6:153), "Verily this is my straight path so follow it and do not follow the (twisted) paths." (Collected by Ahmad, Nisai and Darimi; see Mishkat ul-Masabih, 1/166)

Mu'adh ibn Jabal (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (Peace be upon him) said, "The Devil is like a wolf among humans as a wolf is among sheep; it snatches the stray sheep. So beware of the paths which branch off and adhere to the Jama'ah, the masses and the masjid."
(Collected by Imam Ahmad; NB- The version given in Mishkat, 1/184, also on the authority of Imam Ahmad does not have the addition 'the masses and the masjid.')

And Abu Dharr (Allah be pleased with him) reported from the Prophet (Peace be upon him) that,"Two are better than one, and three better than two; so stick to the Jama'ah for verily Allah, Most Great and Glorious, will only unite my nation on guidance." (Collected by Ahmad)

Al-Harith al-Ashari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said: "I bid you to do five things: to remain attached to the main body (Jama'ah of Muslims), listen to your ruler (the Khalif of the Islamic state) and obey him, and migrate, and fight in the way of Allah. And he who detaches himself from the main body of the Muslims (Jama'ah) to the extent of one span of hand, he in fact, throws off the yoke of Islam from his neck, and he who calls with the call of ignorance, he is one from the denizens of Hell beyond doubt, even if he observes fast and says prayers and considers himself as a Muslim." (Musnad Ahmad, vide: Selection from Hadith, no. 288; by A.H. Siddique)

Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (Peace be upon him) as saying: "Follow the great mass (as-Sawad al-Azam) for he who kept himself away from it, in fact would be thrown in Hell Fire." (Ibn Majah; vide: Mishkat, 1/174, by A.H. Siddiqui).

Imam al-Shafi'i (Rahimahullah) said in his Risala (pg. 252-3): "Sufyan (ibn Uyayna) told us from Abd al-Malik ibn Umayr from Abd al-Rahman ibn Abd Allah ibn Masood from his father, that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, `God will grant prosperity to His servant who hears my words, remembers them, guards them, and hands them on. Many a transmitter of law is no lawyer (faqih) himself, and many may transmit law to others who are more versed in the law than they. The heart of a Muslim shall never harbour vindictive feelings against three: sincerity in working for God; faithfulness to Muslims; and conformity to the community of believers (Jama'ah) - their call shall protect (the believers) and guard them from (the Devil's) delusion."

( Sunan al-Darimi, vol. 1, pp. 74-6; Ibn Hanbal, vol. 6, pg. 96; Musnad al-Shafi'i, vol. 1, pg. 16; Mishkat-ul-Masabih, 1/228; and al-Bayhaqi in his al-Madkhal). Imam al-Shafi'i said (pg. 253): "The Apostle's (Peace be upon him) order that men should follow the Muslim community is a proof that the ijma (consensus) of the Muslims is binding."

Imam al-Shafi'i (Rahimahullah) stated in al-Risala (pg. 286-7): "And Sufyan (also) told us from `Abd Allah ibn Abi Labid from `Abd Allah ibn Sulayman ibn Yasar from his father, who said: `Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him) made a speech at al-Jabiya in which he said: The Apostle of God (Peace be upon him) stood among us by an order from God, as I am now standing among you, and said: Believe my Companions, then those who succeed them (the Successors), and after that those who succeed the Successors; but after them untruthfulness will prevail when people will swear (in support of their saying) without having been asked to swear, and will testify without having been asked to testify. Only those who seek the pleasure of Paradise will follow the community, for the devil can pursue one person, but stands far away from two. Let no man be alone with a woman, for the devil will be third among them. He who is happy with his right (behaviour), or unhappy with his wrong behaviour, is a (true) believer.'"

(see also Musnad al-Shafi'i, vol. 2, pg. 187; and Ibn Hanbal, vol. 1, pg. 112-13, 176-81). Imam al-Shafi'i said in conclusion to this Hadith: "He who holds what the Muslim community (Jama'ah) holds shall be regarded as following the community, and he who holds differently shall be regarded as opposing the community he was ordered to follow. So the error comes from separation; but in the community as a whole there is no error concerning the meaning of the Qur'an, the Sunnah, and analogy (qiyas)."

Imam Hakim (1/116) has related a Sahih Hadith from the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in the following words: "My Ummah shall not agree upon error."

Imam al-Tirmidhi (4/2167) reported on the authority of Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), who said:"Verily my Ummah would not agree (or he said the Ummah of Muhammad) would not agree upon error and Allah's hand is over the group and whoever dissents from them departs to Hell." (see also Mishkat, 1/173)

Imam al-Azizi (d. 1070/1660; Rahimahullah) quoted Imam al-Munawi's (d. 1031/1622; Rahimahullah) commentary to the last Hadith in his al-Siraj al-munir sharh al-Jami al-saghir (3.449), as follows:- Allah's hand is over the group

Nabi (S.A.W) when mentioning the group on Salvation stated that which I am upon and that which my Sahaabah (companions) are upon. (Maktubat -e- Imam -e- Rabbani vol.1 p. 102 ; Tirmidhi Vol2. P89 ; Mustadrak Vol1 P 129; Mishkaat Vol 1 P 20).

Nabi (S.A.W) said to a woman who enquired that on his demise who should she follow. The blessed reply was Abu Bakr. (Mishkhat vol.2. p.555, Muslim vol.2 p. 273, Bhukhari vol. 1. p. 516) On further enquiry she was told to follow Umar after Abu Bakr.

Follow Abu Bakr and Umar after me. said Rasulullaah (S.A.W) - (Tirmidhi vol.2 p. 207, Ibn Maja p.10 , Mustadrak vol.3 p.75, Mishkaat Vol 2 p 50, Musnad Ahmed Vol 5 P 38).

I am pleased for you concerning that thing which Abdullaah bin Masood is pleased with stated Nabi (S.A.W). (Mustadrakh. Vol.2 p.319)

A group will emerge from amongst you, who will belittle your Salaat over theirs, and your fasts over theirs, and your actions over theirs, they will recite the Qur`aan Shareef, which will not pass their throats (have no effect upon them), they will leave the Deen like an arrow leaves its bow [Bukhari page 756, vol.2].

"As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou has no part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did." Surah Al-An'am (6:159):
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 26th March 2010 10:47
Jazakallahu Khayraa.

Quote:

A group will emerge from amongst you, who will belittle your Salaat over theirs, and your fasts over theirs, and your actions over theirs, they will recite the Qur`aan Shareef, which will not pass their throats (have no effect upon them), they will leave the Deen like an arrow leaves its bow [Bukhari page 756, vol.2[/quote]

The actions, attitudes, methods and propaganda of the Salafis could not have fit any better with the above Hadeeth. May Allah guide them all and have mercy on them.

[quote]"As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou has no part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did." Surah Al-An'am (6:159):

Please be aware that the Salafis also use this to deny, reject and accuse the Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaa'ah. The answer is simple, the Ahlus-Sunnah Wal Jamaa'ah have not broken up into Sects. In fact, we have dedicated to one set of rules and a steadfast Madh-hab in Fiqh matters yet we all belong to one group, one sect. It is 4 Madh-habs, not 4 sects. And the group we all belong to is that of the Sahaabah, the Tabi'een and those who stayed in that group till today.
No post ratings
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 26th March 2010 11:01
Jazakallahu Khayraa

lovely post... and brother yasin,reply to your first quote,can that also be said about barelvi sect? if not,then why not? they totally have lost their plot..recently i have been visiting a site where grave worshipping is Ala imaan for them..i was shocked beyond belief. i went on their site to preach them islam..and i am still going to try,but its like banging on a brick wall.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 26th March 2010 21:52
Quote:
A group will emerge from amongst you, who will belittle your Salaat over theirs, and your fasts over theirs, and your actions over theirs, they will recite the Qur`aan Shareef, which will not pass their throats (have no effect upon them), they will leave the Deen like an arrow leaves its bow [Bukhari page 756, vol.2

So do you think the whole ummah was mis-guided for 1400 years until the Ahlul Hadeeth appeared??I'll tell you why sister-in-Islam why ..you dont need to much to research,does the Hadith mention anything about grave worship?no..although some of the Hadith may also fit the barelwi's this one fits the Ahlul Hadeeth..Ahlul Hadith people differ with the consensus of the Ummat In many things including Salah Taraweeh they regard any ruling of the the Khulafaa-e-Raashideen Sahaabah-e-Kiraam, Taabieen,Aimmah and pious predecessors of the Ummat as being as incorrect.
No post ratings
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 09:50
No brother i dont think that at all, that the whole ummah was mis-guided before ahlul hadeeth....i dont agree with ahlul hadeeth in so many things alot in fact,but i think they are better then baralvi sect,because baralvi are nothing but bida,in everything. A friend of mine is Ahl e sunnah wal jama'ath,but she said out of mujboori,if she had to send her son to ahlul hadeeth mosque,then she would but not a baralvi mosque,because of their bida. what i meant was are they not better then baralvi?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 11:51
There in no excuse or majboori to send kids to these people..teach them at home..they will learn more and maybe quicker,they spend more time to indoctrinate their aqeedah into people ..there is plenty proof from Ahlul hadeeth people who have left them to join us..just like the barelwi's do bidah and shirk the Alhul hadeeth reject nearly everything and will leave a person very confused, eventually taking him out of the fold of Islam,many of them have become Qadyani or murtad.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 12:58
I once had a friend whose nephew was going to be sent to an Ahle hadith/salafi minded school. She was worried so we consulted a Mufti and he adviced aginst it as the child's beliefs would be at risk....However the child was sent and soon after that if he was told to do something i.e. corret a posture in salaat he would say, "prove it with a hadith" and this is a child speaking!

Incorrect aqeedah is just as dangerous. We beg Allah Ta'ala's refuge!
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 14:44
Sister-in-islam, I'd say Ahlul-Hadeeth/Salafis are much worse and dangerous. Ahl-e-Bid'ah are bad enough but I see hope in some of them whereas the Salafi seem like they have no hope.

As for sending Kids to which one, I agree that there's no such thing as Majboori when it comes to "would you corrupt your child a little bit or a lot?" - The answer is neither.
No post ratings
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 15:29

Thank you to all,for helping me in gaining knowledge regarding salafis.

before your post brother yasin,i always thought salafi's are better then baralvi,,but your post has helped me alot regarding salafi

thanks again.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 19:18
Allaho Akbar!..jazakallah ummi taalib and Maulana Yasin!...
Alhamodlolillah all our salah is according authentic Hadeeth,..they don't understand Hadeeth themselves,We follow the Holy Prophet (s.a.w) in salah,the postures they do are neither in Hadeeth or they were abandoned by the Holy Prophet (s.a.w) in salah and hence abandoned by the sahaba (r.a.d) hence abandoned by us..they don't even know after 1400 years how the salah was done so what Islam can you expect from them.all things mentioned in Hadeeth are not necessarily sunnah..like the Holy Prophet (s.a.w) used to kiss his wives before going to pray salah in the Mosque..its in the Hadith but that's not sunnah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 20:20
I feel the last part of shining star's post could do with more explanation...

Firstly, what does Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah stand for?
Answer:
The people of the SUNNAH and those who are with the Sahaabah

It is important to understand that we are "ahlus Sunnah / people of the Sunnah" and NOT "ahlul Hadith / people of Hadith".

Every Hadith is not a Sunnat but every Sunnat is proven from hadith, i.e. Sunnat is that which is part of Deen and every hadith is not part of Deen. For instance the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam marrying more than four wives. This is Hadith but not a Sunnah. (Full explanation in "Taqleed" by Mufti A.H. Elias)

We are also people of the "Jamaa'ah" i.e. the Companions.

The Prophet's saying,

"My Sahaba are like guiding stars, whomsoever you follow you will be guided"
and
"Remain steadfast to my Sunnat and the sunnat of my Companions"

is enough proof for the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah to accept Umar gathering the people to perform the 20 Taraaweeh in Ramadhaan without any objection whatsoever from the gathered Companions or 'Aisha, the wife of the Prophet. It is inconceivable that the Companions would remain quiet while a wrong was being committed amongst them.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 20:22
Could we also ammend the title of this topic with the correct spelling?....
Ahlus Sunnah wal Jamaa'ah
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 21:10
Salam, topic title updated.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 21:46
walaykum salaam
ummi taalib are you an Alimah?
No post ratings
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2010 22:41
yes sis you sound like one..Alhamdulillah for your knowledge,its Allah's mercy who ever he bestows on SUBHANALLAH...
Great job ..keep it up brothers and siters in islam.
No post ratings