Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

MBS al Mujaddid

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 10:37
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Brother, I'm not sure boycotting Umrah is going to make a difference.

If he was 5th, there where is Mu'awiyah (RA) ranked?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 10:45
Rajab wrote:
View original post

this is wrong....

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 10:57
Please stick to the current topic. Irrelevant posts, posts inciting a debate or disrespect towards another member will be removed without notice. Jazakumullah
Please only post relevant issues to the current topic, otherwise please start a new topic. Jazakumullah
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 11:46
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

well this is what ulema say and tbh i dont really like it either. why would umar bin abdul aziz رضي الله عنه be called the 5th but not muawiya رضي الله عنه. but as for their statuses no one disputes muawiya رضي الله عنه being far superior. If i recall correctly i think someone either asked imam abu hanifa رضي الله عنه or maybe even umar bin abdul aziz رضي الله عنه himself about who is better and the reply was the dust that enter the nose of the horse of Muawiya رضي الله عنه is superior than umar bin abdul aziz رضي الله عنه.

I will try asking again why muwaiya رضي الله عنه is not considered as rightly guided khalifah, technically it was his son who became the 1st king as he inherited it due to who is father was were as muawiya رضي الله عنه was given it by hassan رضي الله عنه and the ummah were happy with that.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 11:52
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

There are Hadith about the duration of the Rightly guided Caliph's. This includes the famous 4 and partially the Grandson of the Prophet (saw), when he gave up his khilaafat, that timescale also came to an end of the "Rightly guided Caliphs" the first 4 had completed their term in full. (Hence we say The 4 rightly Guided Caliphs, Allahu Alum)

"Seifeddine wrote:
Who are the "Rightly-Guided Successors"?

Most of the commentators on this hadith state that the term "rightly guided successors" is a reference to Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan and Ali رضي الله عنهم, who were the leaders of the Muslim community after the death of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم knew that they would follow his teachings and his way. Hence, he guided his followers to follow their path. The proof for that position is the hadith of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, "The successorship (khilaafah) will last for thirty years among my Nation and then there will be a kingship after that."

When one adds up the terms of Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan and Ali رضي الله عنهم, the total comes to thirty years. The khilaafah of Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه was for two years and three months, the khilaafah of ' Umar رضي الله عنه was for ten and a half years, the khilaafah of ' Uthmaan رضي الله عنه was for twelve years, the khilaafah of 'Ali رضي الله عنه was for four years and nine months. [At the end of this list, some also include the khilaafah of Imaam al-Hasan رضي الله عنه that lasted only six months.]

Source
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 12:29
yes but many ulema will call umar bin abdul aziz رضي الله عنه the 5th. that is my issue surely if there was a 5th it would be muawiya رضي الله عنه, he ruled by islam and was just. I think someone uploaded a talk on this very forum about the virtues of muawiya رضي الله عنه in which the imam said the earlier muslims said the greatest leader muslims had in terms of running the state affairs and administrative affairs was muawiya رضي الله عنه even over umar رضي الله عنه
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 13:39
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Do you mean Mujaddid or Mujtahid? Jzk
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 14:29
Imaam al-Hasan ibn 'Ali رضي الله عنهما was the fifth rightly-guided caliph.

Shaykh Dr. 'Ali Muhammad as-Sallabi حفظه الله said,

"After allegiance was sworn to Ameerul Mu'mineen al-Hasan ibn 'Ali رضي الله عنهما, he remained the caliph of the Hejaz (the Western region of the Arabian Peninsula that includes Makkah and Madinah), Yemen, Iraq and other regions for approximately seven months (with some saying six or eight months). During that period, his caliphate was a Rightly-Guided Caliphate. This is because it was the completion of the era of the Rightly-Guided Caliphate, which the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم had said would last for thirty years before turning into a kingship.

Imam at-Tirmidhi رحمه الله narrated, with a chain going back to Safeenah رضي الله عنه, the freed slave of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم, that he said: 'The caliphate in my Ummah will last for thirty years; after that, it will become a kingship.' (A good hadith recorded by at-Tirmidhi)

Imaam lbn Katheer رحمه الله commented on this hadith: 'The thirty-year period was only completed with the caliphate of al-Hasan ibn 'Ali رضي الله عنهما. He gave up the caliphate to Mu'awiyah رضي الله عنه in Rabee' I, 41 AH, and that was the completion of thirty years after the death of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم, for he had died in Rabee' 1, 11 AH. This is one of the signs of his prophethood, may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him.'

Thus, al-Hasan رضي الله عنه was the fifth Rightly-Guided Caliph.

This was also narrated by Imam Ahmad رحمه الله from the hadeeth of Safeenah رضي الله عنه: 'The caliphate will last for thirty years; after that, it will become a kingship.' (Recorded by Ahmad with a good chain of narrators.)

Imaam Abu Dawood رحمه الله narrated it as follows: 'The caliphate in the footsteps of prophethood will be thirty years; then Allah will give power and authority to whomever He wills, or will give His power and authority to whomever He wills.' (Recorded by Abu Dawood)

During the thirty years after his death, there were no rulers other than the four caliphs رضي الله عنهم and al-Hasan رضي الله عنه for a brief period. A number of scholars commented on the Prophet's words صلى الله عليه وسلم, 'The caliphate in my Ummah will be for thirty years,' that the few months during which al-Hasan رضي الله عنه ruled, following the death of his father رضي الله عنه, are included in 'the caliphate in the footsteps of prophethood'. The following are some of those comments:

Imaam Abu Bakr ibn al-' Arabi (may Allah have mercy on him): 'Al-Hasan رضي الله عنه fulfilled the true promise of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, who said: "The caliphate in my Ummah will be thirty years, and then it will become a kingship." That belonged to Abu Bakr, 'Umar, 'Uthman and 'Ali رضي الله عنهم, and al-Hasan رضي الله عنه had eight months of it, no more and no less. Glory be to the All-Knowing, besides Whom there is no other Lord.'

Imaam Al-Qadi 'Iyad (may Allah have mercy on him): 'During the thirty years, there were no rulers other than the four Rightly-Guided Caliphs رضي الله عنهم and the few months during which allegiance was sworn to al-Hasan ibn 'Ali رضي الله عنهما. The hadeeth about the caliphate lasting for thirty years refers to "the caliphate in the footsteps of prophethood," as stated in some reports: "The caliphate in the footsteps of prophethood after me will be thirty years, and then it will become a kingship."' (Muslim)

Imaam Al-Hafidh Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him): 'The evidence that he was one of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs is the hadeeth which we narrated in Dalaa'il an-Nubuwwah via Safeenah رضي الله عنه, the freed slave of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم, according to which he said: "The caliphate after me will be for thirty years." The thirty years were only completed by the caliphate of al-Hasan ibn 'Ali رضي الله عنهما.'

Imaam Ibn Abil-'Izz al-Hanafi (may Allah have mercy on him): 'The caliphate of Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه lasted for two years and three months, the caliphate of 'Umar رضي الله عنه lasted for ten and a half years, the caliphate of 'Uthman رضي الله عنه lasted for twelve years, the caliphate of 'Ali رضي الله عنه lasted for four years and nine months, and the caliphate of al-Hasan رضي الله عنه lasted for six months.'

Imaam Al-Mannawi (may Allah have mercy on him): He quoted the words of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم: 'This son of mine is a sayyid, and perhaps through him Allah will reconcile two great groups of Muslims.' (Al-Bukhari) Then he said: 'That was when allegiance was sworn to him [al-Hasan رضي الله عنه] after his father رضي الله عنه was gone, and he became the legitimate ruler for a period of six months, which completed the thirty years which the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said would be the length of time the caliphate would last, after which it would become kingship.'

Imaam Ibn Hajar al-Haythami (may Allah have mercy on him): 'He is the last of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs رضي الله عنهم, according to the statement of his grandfather صلى الله عليه وسلم. He became the caliph after the murder of his father, with the oath of allegiance of the people of Kufa. He remained the caliph for six months and several days. He stayed in Kufa for six months and a few days as a legitimate caliph and a just and sincere ruler, fulfilling what his grandfather صلى الله عليه وسلم had said: "The caliphate after me will be for thirty years." Those six months were the completion of those thirty years. His caliphate is referred to in reports, and there is scholarly consensus concerning it, so there is no doubt about its legitimacy. Ahl as-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah believe that the caliphate of al-Hasan رضي الله عنه was legitimate and that it was the final part of the caliphate of prophethood that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم had foretold would last for thirty years.'"

Shaykh Dr. 'Ali M. Sallabi حفظه الله, Al-Hasan Ibn 'Ali, His Life & Times (IIPH), pp. 202-205
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 15:39
Seifeddine-M wrote:
View original post

Jazak'Allah.

Mu'awiyah (RA) is still the second greatest leader in the history of Islam in terms how fast and far Islam spread.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 17th December 2018 22:42
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2018 08:10
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

yes local maulana at my mosque went over this on saturday. worth a listen www.miftahuljannah.org.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2018 09:10
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Dead link
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2018 09:21
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2018 12:24
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Can't find the talk.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 18th December 2018 12:27
I would have thought this concert and praising mbs on stage would have been a big controversy, but it seems the public don't know about or don't really care.
No post ratings