Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 5th November 2006 07:29
Media Player
Report: Broken link reported.
We all know and love this one :)
report post quote code quick quote reply
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2006 14:47
Assalam'o'Alaikum dear brothers and sisters,

May ALLAH (SWT) always keep us in the best of Health & emaan and keep us away from that of what we have no knowledge, but rather guide us to seek knowledge...AMEEN

I have very mixed views about this nasheed, i hope someone can clarify wht is right. Many people have said this nasheed is regarded as 'Shirk' due to the elevation of our nabi (SAW)...please tell me more about what you think of this view is it correct or can u justify otherwise?

Jazzakallah

May ALLAH سبحانه وتعالى guide us all...ameen

Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2006 15:01
The Burda, or the Prophet's Mantle is a qasida (hymn) composed by the great Sufi Shaykh Imam Sharafuddin Muhammad Al-Busiri Rahmatullahi 'Alaih who was born in Misr (Egypt) in 608 A.H. (1212 C.E) and died in 695 A.H. (1296 C.E). He was a disciple of Imam Abu'l 'Abbas al-Mursi Rahmatullahi 'Alaih who was a Khalifa of Imam Abu'l Hasan ash-Shazili Rahmatullahi 'Alaih.

He composed the Burda while suffering from a stroke which had paralysed half of his body. After praying to Allah Sub'hanahu wa Ta'ala to heal him, he fell asleep and in his dream recited this qasida to the Holy Prophet Sayyidina wa Mawlana Hadhrat Muhammad Mustafa Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam who touched the paralysed part of his body and threw his mantle (Burda) over him. On arising, he was miraculously cured, the news of which spread far and wide. Hence the qasida came to be called Qasida tu'l Burda and received veneration among all Muslims as a qasida especially approved by the beloved Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam. Its verses are often learned by heart and inscribed on the walls of public buildings. It is congregationally recited in the majalis (spiritual gatherings) of the Zaakireen (those who remember Allah Ta'ala) all over the world. It cures diseases as well as purifies hearts if recited with love and devotion.

More than 90 commentaries have been written on this qasida and it has been translated in Persian, Urdu, Turkish, Berber, Punjabi, English, French and German, among other languages.

The Burda is in 10 parts and has 160 verses all of which end in the Arabic letter Meem, hence it is a "Meemiyya". The 10 parts of the Burda are about

1. Love for Rasulullah Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam
2. A warning against the desires of the nafs
3. Praise of the beloved Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam
4. Events occuring on his birth
5. His miracles
6. Praise of the Glorious Qur'an
7. The "Isra" and "Mi'raj" of the noble Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam
8. His battles
9. Repentence, asking forgiveness of Allah Sub'hanahu wa Ta'ala and seeking intercession of the beloved Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam
10. Supplication to Allah Sub'hanahu wa Ta'ala

None of the above contains any aspect of polytheism. Only a man devoid of sense would think so.

However, this is not the first time a claim like this has been made. This poem was taught, recited, memorized, studied, and was even ordered to be read by countless scholars such as Sakhawi and Suyuti and their students.

Quote: You, who are the glorious among all creation, I have no one else to seek refuge with except you whenever I face a great calamity." ya akram al khalqi ma li man aludhu bihi siwaka `inda hululi al hadithi al `amami

--O noblest of creatures! I have none with whom to seek refuge other than you when the Universal Event befalls.

This line refers to the Great Intercession of the Prophet on the Day of Judgment for us. As for the lexical confirmation it is that Al Busiri does not use "audhu" for "I seek refuge" but "aludhu", which is common as an Arabic expression of seeking refuge lexically in other than God, e.g. in the shade, or in military allies. Also see similar pharses being used by the Ashab and others as narrated in Bukhari.

hope this helps...Allah Knows best

Someone please correct me if i am wrong and it is another burda
Rank Image
World of Islam
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 15th November 2006 15:11
Beautiful!

Alahu Akbar.

#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th February 2011 00:29
Does anyone have any other nasheeds by Qari Maulana Ateeq Hasan?

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?