You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Yasin
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd November 2019 10:48
Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام). (Inspired by Qasasul Anbiya by Shaykh Abul Hassan Ali Nadvi Rh)

Episode 1

Today I am going to tell you a story about Prophet Ibrahim (May Peace be Upon Him).

Do you know what a prophet is?

A prophet is the messenger of Allah who delivers Allah's message to the mankind. He tells people to do good deeds so that Allah could grant people peace, success and paradise.

A long long time ago, in a town, there lived a very famous person. His name was Azar.

He was a statue maker.

Do you know what a statue is?

A statue is a structure of stone. It is in the shape of an ugly doll or a monster.

People in those times used to prostrate in front of those statues, the same way we Muslims prostrate in Salah in front of Allah. We Muslims put our foreheads on the ground as a sign of humility to make Allah happy.

Azar also used to worship these statues. He had a wonderful son named Ibrahim (May peace be upon him). Ibrahim عليه السلام used to wonder that why do these people worship the statues? These statues are themselves made of stones. People make them and then start worshiping them. These statues can neither listen nor talk. They can't give anything to us. And also they can't snatch anything from us. These are just lifeless stones which have no power on anything. If a mouse steals their food, they can't do anything. So despite of all these things, why do people worship these statues?

Ibrahim عليه السلام used to ask his father that why do you worship these statues despite of the fact that they cannot harm or benefit anyone? They can't move. They can't talk. They can't do anything. So why do you and other people worship them?

His father wouldn't listen to him and would get mad.

Ibrahim عليه السلام used to say the same things to his nation but they would get angry and wouldn't listen to him. One day he thought that when these people will go to a party then he will break these statues and then, will these people realize that how wrong they were in worshiping these powerless statues who couldn't even defend themselves.

So dear kids, I will narrate the rest of the story next week Insha Allah.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th November 2019 19:10
Episode 2 - Ibrahim عليه السلام broke the Statues

Assalam u Alaikum Kids! Today I am going to continue the story of Ibrahim عليه السلام from where we left last time.

All the people went to the party happily. Ibrahim's father asked him that Son! Will you not go to the party with me?

He replied "Baba! I am not in the mood to go"

Hence, all the people went to the party and Ibrahim عليه السلام remained alone in his home. Ibrahim عليه السلام went to the statues and asked them

"Why don't you speak?

Why don't you listen?

Why don't you eat this food?"

The statues remained silent because statues are made up of stone.

So kids, what do you think? Can stones speak?

Ibrahim عليه السلام asked again that what has happened to you? Why don't you speak?
Alas! there was nothing but silence in response.

Now Ibrahim عليه السلام got angry and took an axe and broke down all the statues except that huge and ugly one which was the king of all statues.

He hanged the axe on the neck of that huge and ugly statue.

When people returned from the party, they wanted to worship their statues. However, they were astonished to see their statues broken into pieces. They became anxious, saddened and angry.

They asked "Who did this? WHO DID THIS?"

Then someone said that there is a man named Ibrahim and he often talks ill of our statues. It can be him since, he didn't go to the party with us.

Therefore, they went to Ibrahim عليه السلام and asked that did you break our statues?

Ibrahim عليه السلام replied that I think that that king of statues who is huge and ugly has broken all the statues. Even the axe is in his neck. So ask him.

People knew that statues are made up of stones and stones never speak. And that huge and ugly statue which is the king of all statues is after all made up of stone too. Hence, how could he speak?

People replied to Ibrahim عليه السلام that you know fully well that neither do statues listen nor talk.

Ibrahim عليه السلام replied that then why do you worship these statues who can neither listen nor speak? They can't harm you. They can't give benefit to you. Don't you have any brains? Don't you have any common sense?

People were silenced and didn't know what to say.

So kids how was the story today? Did you enjoy it?

We will Insha Allah narrate the next episode of this story next week.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2019 10:08
Bismillah
I really needed this. I wish there are more moral stories like this such as from life of pious people like sahabahs RA, narrated in a style suitable for kids. Alhamdulillah for this thread.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2019 14:10
Episode 3 - Ibrahim عليه السلام and the Garden in Fire

Assalamu Alaikum kids! Today we will continue the story of Sayyidina Ibrahim Alaihi Salam from where we previously left.

People started talking to each other that now what should we do? Ibrahim عليه السلام has destroyed all of our statues and we can not answer his questions.

So kids! What do you think about those people? What could have they planned against Prophet Ibrahim عليه السلام? Did they repent from their actions? Or did they do something more bad?

Pause...

People decided among themselves that we will set a huuuuuuuge fire and will create a big catapult.

Do you know what a catapult is?

In old times, armies used to use catapults to throw big stones on the enemies from afar. The same way armies of our times use tanks and missiles.

Do you know what a tank is?

Pause...

And do you know what a missile is?

Pause...

And through that catapult we will throw Ibrahim عليه السلام in the fire. Then he will burn and will be rightly punished...

Hence, people did exactly as planned and threw Ibrahim عليه السلام in the fire.

However, Allah helped Ibrahim عليه السلام and said to fire "Oh Fire! Become cool and gentle for Ibrahim".

So kids! What do you think? Did the fire obey Allah's orders?

Pause...

The fire did exactly what Allah ordered it to do. It became cool and gentle.

And Allah created a stream of water in the fire. And provided fruits and foods of heaven to Ibrahim عليه السلام inside the fire. The fire didn't destroy the fruits, food and water.

So kids! What do you think? Is it possible? Can Allah do this?

Pause...

Allah can do everything. Everything is possible for him. He is all powerful, supreme and mighty.

When people saw that the fire did not harm Ibrahim عليه السلام and instead he was enjoying water and food in the fire, then they panicked and got upset.

So Insha Allah! Kids we will continue the rest of the story next week. Till then take care.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 4th January 2020 18:56
Episode 4 - Sayyidina Ibrahim Alaihi Salam - Who is my lord?

Assalamu Alaikum Kids! Now we will continue the rest of the story.

One night, Sayyidina Ibrahim Alaihi Salam saw a star. After seeing it he said "It is my lord."

but what happened next was that after a while the star vanished.

Ibrahim Alaihi Salam said that this can't be my lord.

Then he saw a moon which was bigger and brighter than the star. So he wondered "This might be my lord."

However, after some time the moon vanished too.

Witnessing it, Ibrahim Alaihi Salam said "Oho! This isn't my lord either."

Then he saw a sun which was bigger and brighter even compared to a moon. So he thought "This might be my lord because it is sooooooo huuuuuuuge."

But do you know what happened next? At night, the sun disappeared too.

Lol!

Ibrahim Alaihi Salam said that "This can't be my lord".

My lord is only Allah who will remain alive forever. He will exist forever. He doesn't disappear. Indeed! He is the all Mighty and Powerful. Nothing can defeat and compete with Allah. The star is very weak. It vanishes in the morning. The moon is also very weak. The sun outshines it.

And even the sun is very weak. It goes away at night and even a cloud hides it.

Hence, neither a star can help me nor sun nor moon. They are all weak.

Only Allah can help me and will keep on helping me because he will remain alive forever. He will exist forever. He will never disappear and nothing can overpower him.

So kids, we will continue the rest of the story very soon.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2020 04:35
Episode 5 - Ibrahim Alaihi Salam - The Call

Ibrahim Alaihi Salam gave dawah to his people that they should only prostrate to and worship Allah alone and they must leave the statues.

So kids! Do you know what is dawah?

(Pause... Then give the answer)

Ibrahim Alaihi Salam asked from his nation that when you ask these statues for favours, do they respond to you? Do they listen to you? Do they have the power to give any benefit or loss to you?

So kids! What do you think that when a person talks to a statue then does that statue answer him back in response?

In response to the questions of Sayyidina Ibrahim Alaihi Salam, people replied that "But we have seen our fathers and grand fathers prostrating in front of statues and asking them for favours. Therefore, we will also follow their example"

Sayyidina Ibrahim Alaihi Salam said in return that I do not worship the statues. I completely reject them and I am the enemy of statues.

I only worship Allah who is the sustainer of all the worlds.

So dear kids! Do you know what is sustenance? And who has given us things to eat and wear? And who helps us in difficult times?

(Ask kids that when in times of difficulty when they asked Allah for help, so Allah answered their call. Any incident. Concept of dua and examples of Allah sustaining us and helping us. Food and health. The process of cultivating crops (wheat) then harvesting and processing it to create flour with which our mothers prepare meal for us. Who has given brains and limbs to our mother who uses her abilities to prepare meal for us. Who has given brains to the doctor? Who has created herbs with which medicines are produced? Concept of Rabb)

Then Ibrahim Alaihi Salam said to them that Allah is the only one who has created me. Only he has shown be the correct path of Islam.

So dear kids! Who are we? What is a deen? What deen do we belong to?

Then Ibrahim Alaihi Salam said that Allah has given me many good things to eat. And he is the one who removes the disease and gives me health.

So dear kids! Who gives us health? The doctor or Allah?

Pause...

The doctor is just a means in the similar way our mother is a means. Allah is the one who has created herbs with which medicines are produced and He is the one who has created crops like Wheat. He is the one who has given our mothers brains and limbs to work with. He has given her eyes to see, hands to work with, feet to walk and ears to hear. Similarly, he is the only one who has given the abilities to the doctor through which he examines us and gives the correct medicine.

So now! Do you understand that who controls the world and who is our sustainer?

So Allah has given us food by the means of our mother and health by the means of our doctor.

Then Ibrahim Alaihi Salam continued that only Allah will give me death and after that he will make me alive again.

So kids! Do you know that what will happen after we die?

On the day of judgement, Allah will give us life again.

Do you know about qiyamah? The day of judgement?

Then Ibrahim Alaihi Salam said that neither can statues give life nor death. They can't give us knowledge. They can't give us food. They can't give us health and wealth. They can't do anything. Even, if a bee sits on them, they can't even lift that bee. Hahahaha!

So we will continue the rest of the story next week Insha Allah.
+1 -0Like x 1

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?