Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

racist

You have contributed 26.7% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2020 21:55
This website lamppost calls to racial sepeatism amongst muslims. They endorse a yearly "black American muslim conference". One of the fools there said about shaykh hamza Yusuf "he's still white". Half the issues they tackle their are surrounding racial issues, pride especially ubaydullah evans and obviously Sherman Jackson. Even though im a traditional sunni these fools meke the salafi's look more just which, in the u.s. they probably are. Bilal (radhiya Allahu 'anhu) never endorsed racial separatism. In terms of customs and the arts there is some variation in most muslim countriues (distinctions in food and clothing) but not in wala and bara and religious truths that apply to everyone.
Have you met just indian or arab or African muslim scholar who called to racial separatism and exclusivity" I haven't.
(it's ok for black american muslims to be racist but not white muslims or any other group (double standards)?!?!

Here is the letter I sent them which they obviously never answered (racists like Abdullah hamid ali ubaydullah evans Sherman Jackson and many other racist fools:

"is that all you care about is race???!!! When I used to be a salafi they cared far lass about race than you who obsess over it. Race consciousness is one step closer to racial bias which is one step away from racism

You don't have to be that subjective and narrow minded just because your alleged oppressors are. What is your wala and bara' for because it should be for Allah and the believers regardless of tribe of origin but you clearly have other priorities

You should help and be concerned about oppressed people regardless of whether or not they are the same race as you.

Have you ever heard of the word "objectivity", No kibr or and no favouritism."

This is contradictory to the sunna and the way of the salaf.

When Abu Dharr al Ghifari called another sahabi "you son of a black woman" for which the rasul (saw) scolded him and said that he had some jahliliya in him (abu dharr)) (as mentioned by Shaykh Abu Usama al Dhahabi) and as mentioned in "al Rahiq al Makhtum" that some sahaba were acting up and the muhajirs among them summoned one another and the Ansar did likewise and the prophet scolded them for this also

Im trying to make some noise about these fools so people can beware of them or they can explain themselves and or make tawba

ma'as salama
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2020 22:34
It's not really about black Muslim's being racist.
It's really a cultural thing.
There's a percentage of blacks in America who constantly cry racism, while at the same time acting racist towards any other group.
It doesn't appear, to me, to be a large percentage and it's a long way from a majority. They just make the most "noise".
So, go figure, I certainly can't understand it.
+0 -0Agree x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2020 23:46
Funny thread

Guess dude lives on another planet where South Asian Muslims are the majority who's masajid, orgs, madresehs, Darul looms etc dont have large elements of anti-black racism.

Can you blame our brothers and sisters from the Black Muslim community in the West going their own way when most of what they see is anti-black attitudes and pretty much zero representation in so called Muslim representative bodies - all which are largely South Asian lead and therefore massively ethno centric ?
+0 -0Agree x 1
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 06:53
Daywalk3r wrote:
View original post

When do we say a particular community is against XYZ community. As long as the community is not harming XYZ community, there is no racism.

If XYZ community forms a group to support its own community, that is not selfishness, no racism here.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 07:17
Allah will not be accepting this as a valid excuse that so and so group was racist towards us, didn't provide us adequate representation, so we were even more racist towards them in revenge. There is no place in Islam for thinking like this.
+0 -0Agree x 1
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 07:33
Qualities of The wealthiest and most honorable man.

My self respect is above every thing.
I am unconcerned about what others are doing to their nears and dears.
If my heart is full, I never expect any thing from others.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 08:47
Dont know much about the individuals mentioned.

But in London last year I believe there was an event called Black Out Eid. For black muslims only, with no other races allowed.

I personally think the political establishment is exploiting these grievances in the west. Sort of like COINTElPRO, from the 1960's.. were agent provacateurs were used to infiltrate, lead, incite, and provoke black civil rights groups. Create splinter groups sow discord and division.

It is quite possible they are doing the same with muslim groups of various kinds, today.
No post ratings
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 09:38
Can someone please translate this

Hazrat Fusela RA farmaati hain, main ne apne walid ko eh farmate suna ke main ne Rasulullah SAS se daryaft kiya; Aye Allah ke Rasul SAS kya eh bhi ta'ssub hai ke aadmi apni qaum se muhabbat kare? Aap SAS ne irshad farmaya "walakin minal asbiyyati an yu'eenar rajulu qaumahu alazzulm"
Naheen eh ta'assub naheen, balke ta'assub eh hai ke aadmi (naa haq aur) zulm mein bhi apne qaum ka saathh de (Ibne Majah 3949)
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 10:17

baytisrael wrote:
View original post

May be people should try checking facts and finding out before commenting:

lamppostedu.org/events

So in your views Ismail Royer is attending a "Racist" black event in Georgia? For those who don't know him, here is his twitter profile:

twitter.com/IsmailRoyer

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 12:02
I follow Abdullah Hamid Ali on Twitter and I never came across any of what you are speaking about. Sometimes it does seem that blacks can get away with some things which would not be approved if done by other races. Indian scholars promote exclusivity in some areas like who can be a Masjid member and who can be on the committee.
No post ratings
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 12:37
If a group is gathering to discuss issues unique to them. Let them have it.
If they are gathering to conspire or to spread hatred against other group, then it is a matter of great concern.
Looks like this is an open discussion.

Note: Majority group would have woken up early and taken steps to resolve things; much before the small group intended to discuss for themselves.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 13:31

In Need of Teaching wrote:
View original post

Your comments may be true generally but totally irrelevant to the event, those organising it or those speaking during it.

The guy who has opened this thread can go and make Bay't (allegiance) to Israel because he is hiding the facts.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 13:41
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I agree. Not knowing his background, I just didn't want him to assume it represented a majority of black anything.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 19th February 2020 13:55
baytisrael wrote:
View original post

Ubaydullah Evans, and Abdullah Hamid Ali and many of the guys at lampost are close associates and friends of Hamza Yusuf..and Evans for one is a former student, who has known Hamza Yusuf since he was 18.

Dr Sherman Jackson is a highly respected academic and also an associate of the Zaytuna clique.

It seems you are mis-informed and you're accusations are mis-directed.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 20th February 2020 04:28
Guest-49821 wrote:
View original post

Translation:

Narrated Fuzaila (RA):

I heard my father say, "I asked the Messenger of Allah (saw), 'Is it racism (ta'assub) if a person loves his clan?' Rasoolullah (saw) replied, 'No, it is only racism (ta'assub) if a person stands with his clan even when they are upon oppression (zulm).'"

Ibn Majah 3949
+3 -0Like x 2

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?