report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2020 08:24
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

According Dr Sahab himself Deoband was a movement completely unimpressed by the west while Aligarh was completely impressed - I am talking about the gist of his words and not exact words.

With this perspective it was imperative that either Deoband take steps to incorporate the new reality called the west in to scheme of things or Aligarh have some more self respect to take a more objective view of the west.

Sadly neither has done that. All praise are due to Allah SWT that he gave us Dr Israr Ahmed who did the due in the field of Tafseer.

And the history will never be the same.

+1 -0Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2020 11:43
What would brother and sisters recommend in terms of a manageable urdu Tafsir, for someone who only has knowledge of the basics through culture. I have a relative, who is asking from Pakistan?

As for me personally, I have been looking for a online audio Tafsir for a while. As it is a busy period in my life so I don't get time to read, rather I listen to audio whilst working. Unfortunately, I'm only proficient in urdu approximately 60 percent, which I learnt through conversing with the elders (as it is not my mother tongue), hence may not be able to fully appreciate Dr Israr Ahmed tasfir, but will give it a go. If not, is there and audio English tafsir i can listen to?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2020 13:07
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

Try this new series in English

1 juz a day for 1 hour by Mufti Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf Mangera

30 Days with the Qur'an: Introduction and Juz' One

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWl6E-jgOhc&feature=youtu.be

Mufti Menk also has a good Tafsir in audio.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2020 13:59
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Best available option in English, although there is no match for Dr Israr Ahmed (RA) in Urdu or English, comparing apples to oranges

You have to experience it to understand it.

For those who know how to read Urdu, easiest option is Mufti Taqi Usmani Saheb (HA)'s latest:

ia801902.us.archive.org/30/items/AasanTarjumaQuranurdu-Mu...

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2020 15:28
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

This is a new series on Tafsir Jalalyn in english Sh Furhan Zubairi

youtu.be/boDtoJ8-r9o

In addition to the daily videos by Mufti AR Mangera, Sh Yasir Qadhi is also giving an overview of the Quran in 30 days. Both are quite good.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYZxc42QNctUnn09Of4rBuakQh...

Nouman Ali Khan's videos are also good. I see Sh Sohaib Saeed sharing Nouman's new Sura Yusuf videos. Sh Sohaib is a "tafsir doctor" (translated Tafsir of Al Fatiha by Imam Razi) and works with Nouman Ali Khan and Bayinah institute.

Mufti Taqi Uthmani's Quran translation has just enough footnotes. I assume the footnotes are in the urdu as well.

Shaykh Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani's Urdu and English translations [with very important, helpful footnotes] of the Qur'an are now officially available at:

1) Apple store (Urdu & English): t.co/A5D3P6yX7b

2) Play store:
a) Urdu: t.co/cVqwi2mQPz
b) English: t.co/dvJBGs1BSk

Mufti AR Mangera recently recommend Tafsir Jalalyn for english readers, as well as Tafsir Uthmani and Mufti Taqi 's translation.

For Urdu he recommend Tafsir Uthmani and Bayanul Quran by Ml Ashraf Ali Thanwi.
+2 -0Like x 1
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2020 00:16
Shaikh Yasir Qadhi
Shaikh Omar Suleiman
Mufti Menk
Nouman Ali Khan

Just few of many who cater brilliantly for huge audience. They break things down to a level to make it accessible to as many people as possible. This is very important especially in this day and age. Not everyone has that talent. I think Dr Israr Saheb is more for niche market and not everyone's flavour. Beauty is in eye of beholder as they say.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2020 08:09
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

If you can find them, the best tafsir talks in English are Shaykh Sulaiman Moola. Also good is Imam Suhaib Webb who has lots of videos on Youtube.

I think these two are the best because Suhaib's knowledge of Arabic is great because he studied at Azhar. Shaykh Sulaiman has great Arabic too but beyond that Shaykh Sulaiman knows a lot of Arabic poetry. He has a 42 tafsir videos on Surah Yusuf on Youtube.

So these two points take the tafsir to a new level. The other scholars mentioned in this thread are good, but if you want something more...I suggest these two.
+1 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2020 11:51
DawudIsrael wrote:
View original post

Suhaib Webb is a Music lover, Homosexual Supporter who should be avoided in ALL matters of deen let alone trying to learn the book of Allah Ta'ala from him. May Allah Ta'ala save us from the day when we have to resort to such people to seek guidance (Ameen).

This brother positing is some kind of a Modernist who has genuine hatred and dislike for Ulama of Haq so I don't want to get into an argument with him because he never answers anything.

+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd May 2020 21:44
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

So I'm a modernist now? Really?

That is the first time I have ever heard those allegations against Suhaib Webb. Can you back it up and provide evidence? I've only heard a few of his talks which focused on Qur'an.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2020 00:52
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I thought Shaykh Suleyman Moola (DB) was a reliable scholar.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2020 01:39
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

He is talking about suhaib webb
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2020 03:04
السلام عليكم

Some English tafaseer audios from notable scholars:

Maulana Ibrahim Memon Madani - Link
What's nice about his tafaseer is that he prompts a lot of "you might be wondering.." to discuss any queries/doubts that may naturally occur in your mind while listening to his explanations. He would then explain them further.

Maulana Abdul Raheem Limbada - Link

Maulana Husain Abdul Sattar - Link

Mufti Kamaluddin Ahmed - Link

السلام عليكم
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2020 10:57
DawudIsrael wrote:
View original post

Thanks but maybe those who don't know you can fall for your deception. Sure, you didn't know that Suhaub Webb is a music lover and homosexuality supporter :lol

You are the guy who supports the case of ONE DOCTOR (without knowing anything else) over Mufti Taqi Usmani (HA)'s documented stance backed by WHO simply because you have intense dislike for Ulama so take the "innocent naivety" and crocodile tears to someone who doesn't know you and your antics over a decade.

The more someone replies to your concerns, the more you will derail the conversation to a different direction and talk about something like so let me derail it for you.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?