Why Are Muslims Leaving Islam?

You have contributed 19.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Maripat, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, sipraomer
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2019 12:07
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Hijra for Muslim as a person is possible, but for protection of imaan, I strongly feel, even haramain is not a safe place.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2019 12:18
Guest-16216 wrote:
View original post

When there is a will, there is a way!
No post ratings
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2019 13:25
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Every pious muslim has a will. But which place to do hijrah. I have said; even haramain is not safe.

Or don't be ambitious about your children. Move to Bangladesh. Live in a village without TV, mobile, internet. Give them just deeni asbaaq.

My friend was narrating a story. He met a Hindu traveler and his son. This person has resigned from prime post in Google company for his son. He has totally dedicated his full time for his son. He himself is offering home tuition for his son. Regularly Visits mutts (equivalent of khanqah), yearly once his son takes exam. He is offering good education to his son. Son is also not aspiring for any higher education. Very simple, villager like life style.

Can we do that. I myself can't do it.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 12th July 2019 19:35
Interesting read,

It is a sad state that younger generation of muslims are becoming easy target, where they are attached to Islam like a weak string and just with a mere touch of the string it would snap.

Just 2 cents into this, and two hadith:

1) Abdullah ibn Umar (radh) narrated that the Prophet (saw) said: "Indeed haya (modesty) and Iman are Companions. When one of them is lifted, the other leaves as well." (Baihaqi)

2) Ibn Abbas (radh) reported: The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, “Verily, every religion has a character and the character of Islam is modesty. (Ibn Majah)

And then I would quote a text from the article written by Shaykh Khalid Baigh (db): 'No Haya, No life'

Quote:
And for centuries afterwards Muslim societies did not lose their haya.When Muslim lands came under the western colonial rule about three centuries ago, they were faced with a civilization that was no different than the pre-Islamic Jahilya on the issue of haya. While it did not have better morality, it did have better guns. At the gunpoint of military and political domination, Muslim societies were made to loose their grip on haya on the collective scale. The powerful and attractive media became an important instrument in this war. First it was books, magazines and newspapers. Then radio. Now it is television. Together they projected ideas and images detrimental to haya. They made indecency attractive. The pace was increased tremendously by television, which has shown more firepower than all the previous media combined.

When historians write about the moral decline in Muslim societies in the twentieth century, they will probably underscore television in subverting the moral fabric of society. We can get a sense of the rapidity of our fall by realizing that what was unthinkable just a decade ago has become routinely accepted today. In some cases, we seem to have lost all control. Isn't it shocking that while contraceptive ads cannot be shown on TV in the U.S. or U.K for moral reasons, they are freely shown in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan?

We can get out of the morass by making haya as our number one concern in both individual as well as public lives. There is no Islamic life without Islamic morality. There is no Islamic morality without haya.

I first read this article some years ago, and the hadith reminded of it. And when I do look at it again, I see that the era has gone more ahead than TV and magazines nowadays. We have nightclubs in our hands, we do not need to visit it.

I would not be wrong to write down karguzaris of what Shuyookh are telling us. People with Amamah on their head, white beard and the black mark on their head (due to excessive sajdah) have been caught with things on their mobile phones which is itself shameful to write here.

Our younger generation grow up with their parents surfing facebook, instagram and such things in a manner that they think it is normal to swipe through and look at the taswir or videos of ghair-mehram. Let alone those ulama, sufi, tablighi, or xyz who are also guilty of this.

When this happens, they will think it is normal. And out goes the whole concept of haya (modesty), and any moment the Iman can go away.

Al hamdulillah, this is a daleel of the truthfulness and deep insight of Rasoolullah (saw); as to how modesty and Iman are interlinked.

Majority of those who have left Islam, often will do mental gymnastics to show that they left because it was not convincing, but in reality what it comes out to be is that they want to justify something which would be deemed sinful in Islam (which is against Haya).

+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 3
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2019 07:31
Interesting wrote:
View original post

Very true.
Let me add to this.
There is a saying in Maariful Quran, Don't think that small sins will not harm you, small sins take you to the first step of a Major sin. And at the last step of of the ladder is irtidaad, leaving Islam itself.
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2019 11:22
Interesting wrote:
View original post

True! Dajjal's Jannah is so alluring that people just can't resist it. It's a great test indeed. It's a great test.

Alas! We know the truth but still powerless.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2019 11:39
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Quote:
then we somehow left science and the Europe and hence the western world had their social and cultiral revolution resulting in science and technology and hence military and economic and hence political might.

Assalam o Alaikum Brother Professor Sahab!

Yes it's true that we left science and they learned it and with that they built up their military and economic might and then colonized us. Yes it's true. However, my question is that why did we leave science?

It's easily understood that when our forefathers became the super power of their time, they indulged into luxuries and got deprived of high spiritual characteristics and high work ethics and sacrificial stamina which their ancestors and Sahaba RA had. At political front Khilafa was converted into monarchy and leadership on the basis of merit was replaced by nepotism. The objective of spreading Islam as a system was replaced by the idea of expanding Muslim Empire for political and material gains. When the objective changed, the Muslim elite got luxurious and leisurely, their iman weakened and they became the target of spiritual diseases like Asbiah, jealousy, pride, anger, arrogance, lust and wahn. With their vast resources, they had access to all the luxuries of life which made them easy going and as a result their science and their technology was being used to build higher, better and beautiful buildings instead of building better state defenses and better weapons in order to spread Socio-Economic-Judicial Islam throughout the world.

So leaving science and technology are the outer symptoms and the end result. However, the root cause is losing Khilafa to monarchy at collective level and as a result losing spirituality to material over-indulgence.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2019 11:57
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

That is more difficult than the dua. The Shaykh surely understands but it's not necessary that his wife also understands. I believe deeni education for women is more necessary compared to men. And for that women should have access to masajid at least on Friday prayers and Imams should be knowledgeable enough to deliver lectures about women issues and cultural issues in Juma prayers.

Theoretical long term deeni lectures cannot do that which small powerful eman refreshing talks of pious elders in friday prayers can. Only dry intellectual duroos are not enough. Instead we need the right environment which can incite iman and longing for deen in women.
No post ratings
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2019 12:12
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

We are not looking at other side. History discusses about one empire, its capital xyz city. Authorities and masses agreed that their military power must be exhibited, it gives confidence to muslims and it impresses the non-muslims. Very good idea.... It was decided that the massive parade shall be done on Eid day.

The event day came, it started in the morning and the parade ended in the evening, Waittttttttttttt. Eid prayers were held with maghrib salah. The historian says, if eid prayer was offered with magrib then what about zuhr and asr salah. Collective failure.

The result........... later the city was overpowered by enemies, muslims blood flew like water on streets.

I will not name the city. Moral of story.... Give priority to deen, else face it.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2019 12:17
Guest-53423 wrote:
View original post

I said the same thing. Yeah, it's true. Give priority to deen, else your dunia will also be lost along with your akhirah. It's true.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2020 16:40
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته,
From the depths of my heart I ask Ar-Rahim to shower his generous barakah on the sincere Muslims who dig deep to comprehend the approaching thunderous juggernaut, that will wipe out Islamic futures, like pins in a bowling alley, whilst we slept at ease & comfortably secure in our ribat.

This IS a complex challenge, but even the sharp thorns drawing blood & eliciting pain, are a cause of barakah & ajr, إن شاء الله.

I have been shaken to the core, so I can appreciate the need of the hour.

I will list the points that most agree with my mind & heart.

mkdon101 = everything, especially #11
Taalibah = #27
london786 = #20
Imam Ali = #5 / Abdar Rahman ibn Awf = #6
abcdef = #24 / sipraomer = #37

However, I personally disagree with the assessment of my dear Muslim xs11ax = #3

والسلام

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2020 19:41
The title of this thread has struck a cord within me. I worked very diligently amongst the sisters and daughters of Islam through work of dawah. It was very rewarding but heartbreaking also seeing some turn away from Islam. At that point it is a drowning emotion.

They do not turn away because of any animosity or hatred for Islam it’s an eventuality that occurs through experience and through Ill treatment from other (allegedly) so called pious muslims.

It’s not the behaviour of non practising Muslims that affects people it’s those in hierarchy positions and authority within family and society that do the damage.

Yes it was easy to answer all the ‘why’s’ but it was not easy to remove the mental damage and torment endured.

+2 -0Like x 2

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What's behind the word Yellow? (it's not the sun)