Jump to page:

You have contributed 37.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2018 12:19
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

There you go, not entirely unexpected, but you're unable to give even a straightforward simple yes or no answer to a straightforward easy question. You had to qualify your answer with "if you know the facts". Which implies that if I do not know the facts then I am not sinful.

So let me clarify that no, I do not know the facts, and I'm definitely not going to take the word of some random person online.

In fact, the position of righteous Ulama is ALWAYS a valid position for the layman. Once I've determined that they are righteous scholars I do not need to ask them even a single question on the basis of their rulings. If you think that these righteous Ulama are like Mirza Ghulam Ahmed then we can pursue a separate discussion on that front, after you've been finally able give a simple straightforward answer to my original simple question.

I'm in the category of the vast majority of the layman in the country. I, like most other layman, have no idea about the processes involved in moonsighting in Saudi or any other country for that matter. I, like most other layman, have no idea on how my local Ulama come to the conclusion on how to decide the month, or which country to follow. I, like most other layman, hardly even know the names of the Islamic months, etc. etc.

Treat me like the vast majority of laymen in this country who simply follow what their local righteous Ulama are doing.

So once you know that I'm in the category of the vast majority of layman in this country, please try (for once) give a straightforward yes or no answer to the question posed before.

I'll capitalize the question (with further clarification in brackets) to make the seemingly difficult task easier for you:

AM I (LIKE THE VAST MAJORITY OF LAYMEN IN THIS COUNTRY) SINFUL FOR SIMPLY TRUSTING MY LOCAL RIGHTEOUS ULAMA ON WHEN TO START THE MONTH AND NOT ASKING THEM ANY QUESTIONS ON THIS ISSUE?

I await (with baited breath) a simple yes or no answer (without qualification pleeeeaaaaaassse)(for once)(for the third time!).
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1Disagree x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2018 12:29

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

THIRD TIME:

The answer to your question is YES  if you know the facts. There is no Taqleed when the position is non-existent. If you don't know then Allah Ta'ala as a Mercy to this Ummah of beloved Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassalam) forgives us!

Now to my question:

1. WHERE did you get the news for Rajab 1439 WHEN Saudi Government DOES NOT even make a public announcement?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2018 12:37
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Deleted. Dont want to detract the debate.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 9th May 2018 04:20
I don't see this as a fiqh issue or an issue of difference of opinion. It Is an issue of Saudi not making clear official announcements of the start of each month, and not willing to cooperate with other countries and communicate with them . I had posted a document elsewhere which states that Saudi has no interest in co operating with other countries and having other countries following them for moon sighting. There is also the additional confusion regarding whether it was scientifically possible to see the moon.

I was going to start a thread on this but I will just post it here. Sh Rami Nsour , who as far as I know is an accepted Maliki scholar, has a video on the Tayba Foundation fb page entitled "Moon sighting or Calculations? A balanced approach" in which he says that following calculations to begin Ramadan is a valid opinion discussed in fiqh books. I saw other Maliki scholars also share the post. I used to think this was a modern unacceptable opinion, but now I would have to learn more about it.

He also said there was no issue if different masjids in one community followed different opinions.

youtu.be/J7_onGhQm-8
No post ratings
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2020 12:41
Had a question.

When it comes to following local moonsighting how do you decide what is local? Is Morocco local? What about South Africa? Have the scholars said how many miles for something to be local?
No post ratings
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2020 12:48
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I know you're addressing someone else, but for me is very simple. Any questions related to deen I just ask my local Imam. All the Imams seem to agree in my area except those green turban guys. Since lockdown I just rely on the scanner announcements from my local mosque(s).
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2020 13:05
T wrote:
View original post

T wrote:
Any questions related to deen I just ask my local Imam

Alternatively, you may visit websites such as WifaqulUlama and read the articles there.
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?