Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

Emirati girl memorised Quran in 100 days

You have contributed 33.3% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taqwah, sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed
Rank Image
Offline
London
1,265
Sister
828
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2011 22:16
Motivated by her brothers and sisters, who memorise parts of Quran, she outperformed them and managed to memorise the entire holy book in just 100 days.

The 19-year-old Amina, a student at the Sharjah college of Shariah and Islamic studies, then travelled to Jordan to participate in an international Quran memorisation contest. Amina was sure she would excel in the contest but had not expected she would outperform all other participants from 15 countries.

"I got the top position in the contest in Jordan and I am proud to make this achievement for my country," she said, quoted by 'Emarat Al Youm' daily.

"I had always wanted to memorise the Quran and I was encouraged by the fact that all my brothers and sisters, who are older than me, memorise parts of the holy book...I have spent an average 12 hours a day in an intensive Quran memorisation course until I memorised it all in just 100 days."

Amina said she had already won second and third prizes in local contests but added that her biggest achievement was that she snatched the top position in the Amman contest, which was attended by scores of Muslims from 15 nations.

"I used to memorise parts of the Quran when I was a child at schools in Dubai...when I became 17 years old, I decided it was time to memorise all the holy book...I succeeded in doing so in just 100 days and was ahead of all my brothers and sisters and their children, who all memorise parts of the Quran."Amina said she would keep reading the Quran daily to maintain her ability to control every word in the holy book, which has 114 suras (chapters), comprising more than 6,300 Ayat (sentences) that include in excess of 77,000 words
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
back to top
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 17th September 2011 21:29
(Spam removed)
abu mohammed.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -2Dislike x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
13
Brother
5
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2013 00:49
MA-SHA-ALLAH.May ALLAH help her to act according Quran & Sunnah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top