Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Near London
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2007 22:46
£2.5m lesson in how to wash your hands

Now, pay close attention. There are apparently 10 stages involved in washing your hands - so you need your wits about you.

To help you with the timing, officials have suggested that you may want to sing Happy Birthday To You, twice in a row.
Okay, are you ready? Step One: Wet hands with water. No problem? Right, now you are ready for Step Two: Apply enough soap to cover all hand surfaces.
So far, so good, but there are still eight stages to go if you are planning to wash your hands properly, and things are about to get tricky.
Take Step Eight for instance, which involves "rotational rubbing, backwards and forwards, with clasped fingers of right hand in left palm, and vice versa".
In the same week Britain decided to resume space exploration, the Scottish Executive has just decided to spend £2.5 million on telling people how to wash their hands.
The move is designed to tackle poor hygiene standards at home and in hospitals, schools and the workplace, and to limit the spread of E.coli, flu and the superbug MRSA.
A total of 14 health boards are to be given funding to employ a "hand washing co-ordinator", on a salary of £50,000, to promote the campaign.
The campaign has the support of the British Medical Association.
-----------------------------
My view.

Asalamu Alaikum

This is incredible, the government has spent £2.5 million on teaching people how to wash hands and Islam gives it for FREE. What really struck me was the drawing so familiar to anyone who might have read about how to perform wudu (ablution before prayer). Especially image number 4 the "Khillal", is in it amazing that Islam taught people how to clean oneself 14 hundred years ago and told them the benefits too. One particular Hadith that comes to my mind is narrated by Abu-Hurrarh:

In the hadith narrated of the authority of Abd Huraira the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) is reported to have said. while in the hadith narrated by Bakr (the words are like this): He heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: just see, can anything of his filthiness remain (on the body of) any one of you if there were a river at his door in which he washed himself five times daily? They, said: Nothing of his filthiness will remain (on his body). He said: That is like the five prayers by which Allah obliterates sins.
(Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1410, the Book of Prayers (Kitab Al-Salat))

You never know maybe the health ministers and scientist will one day see the health benefits of 'Istinjah' the cleaning of the private parts, and who knows how much they will spend on that campaigning.

May Allah the Almighty guide us all to the straight path.
--------------------------------------------------------
News from Telegraph.co.uk
report post quote code quick quote reply
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2007 23:15
jazakallahu khair
Quote:

You never know maybe the health ministers and scientist will one day see the health benefits of 'Istinjah' the cleaning of the private parts, and who knows how much they will spend on that campaigning.

InshaAllah, i do hope so, i really cannot understand how anybody who claims to be 'civilised' can really live without istinjah.really.

report post quote code quick quote reply