Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 
Top Members

Toddler dies after swab stick breaks inside his nose during Covid-19 test

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,606
Brother
8,932
abu mohammed's avatar
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2021 03:03
An old article to highlight the dangers, no matter how small!

m.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/saudi-toddler-die...

Saudi toddler dies after swab stick breaks inside his nose during Covid-19 test

Last updated on July 14, 2020

A toddler in Saudi Arabia had a tragic death after doing a Covid-19 test as the swab stick broke inside his nose, Al Arabiya reported on Tuesday, July 14.

The incident happened in Shaqra General Hospital when the parents took the 18-month-old Abdul Aziz Al Gufan to the hospital on Friday, after they noticed a high temperature. Al Gufan wasn't showing any other symptoms but the doctor said that it was important to conduct a Covid-19 test. While doing the test, the swab stick broke inside Al Gufan's nose.


The doctor decided to perform a surgery to remove the stick after administering anaesthesia. After the surgery, the medical team told the parents that the stick was removed successfully and the child was fine.

When Al Gufan woke up, his mother noticed that something wasn't right and asked the medical team to check the child, but they said that the doctor wasn't available as it was late at night.

In the morning, the child suddenly fainted and the mother informed the nurses in the hospital who found him not breathing. The medical team placed the boy in a ventilator and a scan examination showed that the airway to one of his lungs were blocked. The child's condition was getting worse and the parents wanted to take him to a speciality hospital in Riyadh.

However, after receiving approval, the family waited in the hospital for more than an hour for an ambulance until the child passed away. Al Gufan's uncle submitted a report to the authorities to investigate the death of the child and deal with the medical team.

At night, the uncle told Al Arabiya that the Saudi minister of health called him and confirmed that he is following the investigation personally.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
1,224
Brother
602
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2021 19:05
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post


Is this meant to scare people of from getting tested. Surely no one has issues with testing too. I can just about accept denying covid is real and vaccines will track u but even testing?

People die at haj so let's all not go hajj cos you may die. People die whilst swimming too let's never swim again.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
23,606
Brother
8,932
abu mohammed's avatar
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2021 20:38
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Quote:
An old article to highlight the dangers, no matter how small!


It's a genuine news article.

It's a sad story to alert people that there can be a danger.

My son relates stories to us almost every day of parents doing these tests on their babies when there is absolutely no need. And what makes it worse is that the parents are doing these same tests on their own children without experience.

It's dangerous and people should be careful.

The article is not to scare anyone or to create fear. It is for awareness.

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
6,174
Brother
1,342
Yasin's avatar
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2021 00:58
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

You are only allowed to scare people about Covid. Nothing else.
In case anyone takes this to be a rule, it's only to highlight blinders.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
tanveerzakee's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
50
Brother
-65
tanveerzakee's avatar
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2021 14:32
That's not a very sensible approach. If anything is dangerous, we should be able to warn about it.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top