Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, Moonlight, Yasin, fod1083, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 13th March 2020 22:52
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

It's not just about the people falling ill with the virus. It's also about everything else. Don't just think about people in a similar situation to yours. There are people out there with other problems as well.

Hospitals are not just there for victims of the corona virus. There are other ill people as well. If the medical system becomes overwhelmed then other seriously ill people will suffer as well. Maybe even die. My son had a hospital appointment coming up. Hospital called to cancel it due to the virus. The virus is very worrying. It's twice as worrying for people who are contending with other illnesses.

Supermarket shelves are drying up. People are stockpiling. Healthy people can get by with bits and bats. But there are people out there who can't just eat anything and make do due to other on going illnesses. So they have to either stock up or suffer. Alhamdulillah I have the ability to stock up for my family and I'll son. Others cannot financially afford to. What will they do when there is nothing left to buy? Steal? Civil unrest?

Those 2 issues are from my perspective. There will be many other problems that others will experience. If this virus is not stopped or at least held back then there could be dire consequences. We couldn't contain it so now we MUST delay it as much as possible. I would welcome a state of emergency now before it gets too late.

This virus has only been around for a few weeks and already this global society that we have built up is on its knees and crumbling. Imagine what will happen if every country in the world ends up like Italy. It will be like some dystopian end of days movie.

Maybe I am over exaggerating. I hope I am. But I don't remember anything hitting humanity as hard as this. I believe we must all take drastic measures.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 13th March 2020 23:46
Newborn baby in London becomes youngest coronavirus victim in the world as his mother is treated in a separate hospital
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 13th March 2020 23:53
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

May Allah help them both.
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 13th March 2020 23:55
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Unfortunately there's no accounting for stupid people and we have plenty of them. The toilet paper & kitchen roll shelves were empty at my local supermarket, 2 weeks ago. I've seen some Petrol courts closed due to panic buying of fuel.

The hospitals will get over run with patients, medical staff will get infected, leading to staff shortages, medical supply chains will be hit, leading to medicine shortages (vast majority of it is imported). Even the company I work for (not medical related), has had its supply chain hit. Ideally the health service needs to cancel all non-essential appointments and put contingency measures into place, but it won't stop people running into hospital A&E at the very sign of a cough (even though they have been told to self isolate and ring the NHS helpline).

The proverbial excrement will hit the fan sooner than later and because of these stupid people, sensible people have to also start resorting to drastic measures. Hence I've started stock piling lotas & elephant atta.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 00:07
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

For some inexplicable reason and through the mercy of Allah, this virus doesn't appear to be harmful to the very young.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 00:11
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

Where did you hear that? Any links?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 00:17
Coronaviruses may end up being worse, but to put things into perspective, the following information is from the World Health Organisation,

Influenza (Seasonal)
Illnesses range from mild to severe and even death. Hospitalization and death occur mainly among high risk groups. Worldwide, these annual epidemics are estimated to result in about 3 to 5 million cases of severe illness, and about 290 000 to 650 000 respiratory deaths.

www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/influenza-(seaso...
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 00:26
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

When there was speculation about this, I did see 3 children in a body bag in China (via a tweet)

Maybe they are less in number, but it does effect them too.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 00:28
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

AGE DEATH RATE

80+ years old
21.9% (confirmed cases)
14.8% (all cases)
70-79 years old
8.0%
60-69 years old
3.6%
50-59 years old
1.3%
40-49 years old
0.4%
30-39 years old
0.2%
20-29 years old
0.2%
10-19 years old
0.2%
0-9 years old
no fatalities

My links are moderated so i posted the data. I'll post the links in the next post.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 00:41
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

www.bbc.com/news/health-51674743

www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/how-many-will-die-o...

www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-dem...

I think the data was collated from the Source: Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (11th February), but I have heard atleast 3 medical experts corroborate this, so it appears to be a worldwide trend.

QUOTE:138144:abu mohammed]

Children are prone to catching it like everyone else, but are not prone to developing severe symptoms or health risks. The tweet was probably doctored. Allahسبحانه وتعالى knows best.

No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 07:01
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 08:02
Coronavirus: Scientists close to developing vaccine after tests on mice
14/03/2020 - 07:30

A vaccine for the Covid-19 illness caused by the coronavirus is on the verge of being developed, a team of scientists has said.

Researchers, led by Mucosal Infection and Immunity head Dr Robin Shattock, told the Daily Express they have successfully trialled the vaccine in mice and are hopeful it could be ready for human trials by June.

Senior researcher Dr Paul McKay, of Imperial College London, told the paper: “I’ve got results from a month after I injected (the mice) and the vaccine works really, really well.”

The team is working with scientists in Paris to determine the vaccine’s effectiveness in monkeys.

Dr McKay said they have applied for further funding from the Medical Research Council to conduct human clinical trials.

“If we get the funding for the human clinical trials, we will put it into people by June,” he said.

“If British scientists here develop a vaccine it would be great if the Government supported it.”

Should the human trials be successful, the team is hopeful the vaccine will be available for patients in a year.

Source: www.irishexaminer.com/
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 11:39
Hindu group offers cow urine in a bid to ward off coronavirus

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Hindu group hosted a cow urine drinking party on Saturday as they believe it wards off the coronavirus, as many Hindus consider the cow sacred and some drink cow urine believing it has medicinal properties.

Experts have repeatedly asserted that cow urine does not cure illnesses like cancer and there is no evidence that it can prevent coronavirus.

The “party,” hosted by a group called the Akhil Bharat Hindu Mahasabha (All India Hindu Union) at its headquarters in the country’s capital, was attended by 200 people, and the organisers hoped to host similar events elsewhere in India.

“We have been drinking cow urine for 21 years, we also take bath in cow dung. We have never felt the need to consume English medicine,” said Om Prakash, a person who attended the party.

Chakrapani Maharaj, the chief of the All India Hindu Union, posed for photographs as he placed a spoon filled with cow urine near the face of a caricature of the coronavirus.

Leaders from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Hindu nationalist party have advocated the use of cow urine as medicine and a cure for cancer.

A leader from India’s north eastern state of Assam told state lawmakers earlier this month during an assembly session that cow urine and cow dung can be used to treat the coronavirus.

The pathogen, which has infected more than 138,000 people worldwide and left over 5,000 dead, has no known scientific cure and governments across the world are struggling to control the spread of the pandemic.

Writing by Sudarshan Varadhan; Editing by Michael Perry
+0 -0Facepalm x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 11:58

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

That’s disgusting hope the idea doesn’t catch on here. Although In the past we have heard of cases where people have been buying cow urine from farms in uk 

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 14th March 2020 12:00
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

They sell it in shops in London too.
No post ratings

Jump to page: