Loading tweet
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#437 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2020 00:25
Coronavirus: English councils 'on brink of financial failure'

Councils in England have warned that the coronavirus crisis is pushing them to the brink of financial failure.
The Local Government Association said that without more funding some authorities would be forced to cut "vital" services.

More....
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52331282
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#438 [Permalink] Posted on 18th April 2020 04:15
Britain paid $31m for new COVID-19 tests. They didn't work

17 April

London | The two Chinese companies were offering a risky proposition: 2 million home test kits said to detect antibodies for the coronavirus for at least $US20 million ($31.7 million), take it or leave it.

The asking price was high, the technology was unproven, and the money had to be paid upfront. And the buyer would be required to pick up the crate loads of test kits from a facility in China.

Yet British officials took the deal, according to a senior civil servant involved. Under growing public criticism for their slow and unsteady response to the coronavirus crisis, British officials confidently began promising tests would be available at pharmacies in as little as two weeks.

"As simple as a pregnancy test," Prime Minister Boris Johnson gushed March 19 at a news conference. "It has the potential to be a total game changer."

There was one problem, however. The tests did not work.

Found to be insufficiently accurate by a laboratory at Oxford University, half a million of the tests are now gathering dust in storage. Another 1.5 million bought at a similar price from other sources have also gone unused. The fiasco has left embarrassed British officials scrambling to get back at least some of the money.

"They might perhaps have slightly jumped the gun," said professor Peter Openshaw of Imperial College London, a member of the government's New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group. "There is a huge pressure on politicians to come out and say things that are positive."

A spokesperson from the Department of Health and Social Care said the government ordered the smallest number of tests allowed by the sellers and said that where tests didn't work, orders would be cancelled and costs recovered "wherever possible."

More
+1 -0
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#439 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 02:11
Recitation and Listening to Surah Rahman Daily.
Positive Thinking
Trust in Allah

Many patients have recovered.
Death is inevitable but how much does it cost if one remains positive even in adverse conditions and unfriendly circumstances?

youtu.be/PawQ6YUXS_Q
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#440 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 02:17
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

I was sent a story a few days ago. I asked for its authenticity but could not get any so I did not share it with anyone, but here goes!

Quote:
This is from the Imam Fazal Hasan from Blackburn Hospital:

Subhanallah I am hearing some Interesting stories from patients on my visits as a hospital muslim chaplain at ELHT.

One patient who is also a Dr at the same hospital was sadly a victim of covid 19. He was taken to ICU.

When he was moved out of ICU into a normal covid ward I visited him with a Quran cube, some Zam Zam and black seed oil donned with the full PPE.

He was saying how when he was taken off the machine on the very first day whilst still in ICU the first thing he did was to read the Quran for the first time after a couple of weeks.

He started to read Surah Yaseen and Surah Rahman. He was concerned that others may be disturbed so he was reading quietly so as to just hear himself pray.

Soon a nurse walks up to him at which point he thought he would be asked to lower his voice so others are not disturbed.

But to his surprise he was told by the nurse to read a little louder as the person next door wanted to listen to the Quran being prayed live. It was emotional for him. The patient in the next bay was a muslim. He was soon moved to tears.

After a short while the same nurse came back and said to this patient to pray as loud as he can as another patient on the opposite side of the ward also wanted to hear him pray the Quran. He told me as he read the Quran loudly that all three of them ended up in tears. Subhallah things got so emotional that even some of the nurses were in tears.

This patient Alhamdullah got discharged today.

This truly a time to reflect on life and value the things that really matter, things we some times take for granted and seldom focus on; our faith, our deen, our Quran, our prophet and above all our creator.

These experiences can and inshallah will change peoples’ lives forever.

This shows that our ICU NHS staff are going out of their way to provide the necessary care, compassion and respect to patients and are making a huge difference to people’s experiences in hospital.

Imam Fazal
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#441 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 02:20
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I have no reason to doubt this story. Alhamdulillah. I have witnessed the miracle of quran and dhikr more than one time.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#442 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 06:54
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

(salam)

This is why u cant find me.. :-)

Request duas from All.. that Allah سبحانه وتعالى keeps All of us safe and give speedy recovery with Aafiya to those affected..& bestow his Immense Rahmah on All of us.. Ameen..

wa Assalam..
Pic.PNG
Downloads: 12
    [241.64 kB]
+2 -0Like x 1Ameen x 7Winner x 1
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#443 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 11:18
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Allah aap ki oopar se, neeche se, aage se, peechhe se, dayein se, baayein se, har taraf se puri puri hifazath farmaye. Aapki khidmaath ko Allah Qubool farmaye.
+1 -0Ameen x 5
Rank Image
London
Brother
#444 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 14:20
Can Covid-19 be transferred through cigarette smoke?

I noticed people are keeping their distance but smoking in each others faces and then there are the passive smokers too.

A disgusting habit that unfortunately many Muslims have adopted.

Would be interesting to know for their sake.

We know smoking kills, but this might just speed it up :(
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#445 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2020 22:40
After checking the daily data on confirmed cases of the virus, deaths and recovery numbers. No idea why but Germany’s recovery rate has excelled expectations compared to the ratio of cases in other countries.

What is Germany doing differently that the other countries aren’t?

Does make you realise the health care in Germany must be better than the much acclaimed british healthcare system.

Not being ungrateful but the numbers are speaking for themselves at the moment. China’s shouldn’t even be taken into consideration as they have clearly been untruthful from the beginning.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#446 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2020 00:30
Moonlight wrote:
View original post

Angela Merkel is a scientist by training. Germany focused on their elderly right from the start. They have one of the highest number of ICU beds per capita.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#447 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2020 09:39
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

That does explain a lot. It helps when the leader of a country is educated and intelligent. I found the Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon to be a very intelligent woman too making all the right calls at the right time.

There is also a big difference between having intelligence and an education. It’s a bonus when any world leader has both. Otherwise it’s the people that suffer. A good education isn’t enough. You need both.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#448 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2020 10:54
It's been 4 weeks now since lockdown in UK and India. How is everyone doing?Working from Home or are you having to physically go in to your workplace?

I am working from home but hasn't been most productive but our employer has recognised it would be the case in these circumstances. Working from home is great if it's done 1-2 days a week but i don't feel it's sustainable full time.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Al-Hind
Brother
#449 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2020 10:58
Rajab wrote:
View original post

Islam gives Tough training for us. Ramadhan, salah during travel, haj etc. And a tablighi...........? Vow!!

So adopt whatever comes.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#450 [Permalink] Posted on 20th April 2020 11:47
Rajab wrote:
View original post

WFH will become the new normal and it will not change anytime in the future. Services will be accessed Remotely for the foreseeable future, this was the trend (previously) and COVID-19 has merely accelerated the trend.

+0 -0Agree x 2

Jump to page: