Taalibah, Moonlight, Yasin, fod1083, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#286 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2020 23:38
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

[headbang]

It is becoming far too easy to be misled around here.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#287 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2020 23:49
Under this UK lockdown, can I still drop off groceries to people in isolation?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#288 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 00:01
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

You can go out for daily exercise once a day alone or with household members. You can go to parks, not congregate.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#289 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 00:22
How are they really going to enforce the lock down. Let's say you go out for a jog in the morning and a bike ride in the evening. How are they going to know that you are being a rebel?
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#290 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 01:10
Rajab wrote:
View original post

They're not. I had my car stolen from a garage in brother xs11ax hometown and they (the police) couldn't even be bothered to visit the garage. They even asked me to provide the CCTV footage for them and that's when I knew I aint getting that car back, so good look enforcing this.

Aslong as your on your own or even with household members and not too far away from home your fine. In addition, this is for our own safety and well being, so it is better to heed the advice.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#291 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 05:55
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

It wasn't the Audi was it?
Rank Image
London
Brother
#292 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 09:24
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#293 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 10:21
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Yeah, yeah that's the one. Was it you who nicked it from Leeds Rd? Didn't even get paid out or for it, apparently if you hand your keys over to a third party, you aint getting a penny, if it dissappears.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#294 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 11:08
The police force will be dedicated to enforcing laws to do with the virus. Criminal activity has already spiked. The police won’t be available to investigate crimes they were already far stretched.

I’m sure if criminals take it to a ridiculous level they will deploy the army to take control. Although that will depend on government priorities at the time.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#295 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 11:57
What I don't get is why did that idiot announce an immediate lock down at night. Why not give people a little notice so they can prepare. Not everyone is sat at home just chilling. People have lives. They have work. They have family to look after. They have ill people they need to take care of. They need to buy food. Pay bills. Buy medicine. We aren't machines that can just be put on stand by on command.

Bradford is busy as always. Not much has changed here. People still out on the streets. I was driving around running errands as well.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#296 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 12:46
Someone on reddit r/unitedkingdom.

Quote:
I'm a critical care doctor working in a UK high consequence infectious diseases centre. Many units are totally full, and we are scrambling to create more capacity. The initial UK government approach has been a total failure. Ask me anything.

old.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/fnl0n6/im_a_critica...

Quote:
> my partner is a nurse that works with the elderly

It's important to understand that **everyone is going to get this virus**, containment was never an option because the virus was already here - that ship sailed at the end of January.

The whole point of the measures currently in play is slow the rate of transmission to a point where we can cope, but a decade of underfunding means that we likely won't cope.

As someone with 'underlying health conditions' this is genuinely scary, because we're already past the point where people like me will survive. Doctors will have to focus on those who are most likley to survive.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#297 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 13:32
Breaking: People are testing positive for another virus, Hantavirus in China

News Watch
24 March 2020 12:31

Another deadly virus, Orthogantavirus popularly referred to as Hantavirus is again on the rise in China amidst the coronavirus crisis.

reports that the virus has already killed a man from Yunnan Province, and according to Global Times, the man fell and died while he was on a shattered bus to Shandong Province for work on Monday

He was on a chartered bus to Shandong Province for work on Monday when he fell and died, Global Times reported.

Read full article:
va.newsrepublic.net/s/YSxySe
UK
Brother
#298 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 13:51
At Asda, looks like any other Tuesday afternoon except more kids with some parents. I'm in the car, wife grabbing essentials and we're leaving but others seem oblivious. Saw 2 wearing gloves, 3 wearing masks, 3 with nose and mouth covered with cloth, one with an elastic band around his head and that's about it.

Counting 4 people on average going in and coming out every 15 seconds. If this a lockdown then authority clearly doesn't mean much. Maybe city and area makes a difference.

On a positiv'ish note, no filled trolleys and at most 2 bags filled. Could be a limitation at Asda or lack of stock, the chances of it being courtesy for other humans looks bleak.

Update: 10 minutes later another 2 with a mask. Still early days.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#299 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 13:58
Yasin wrote:
View original post

On my way home yesterday from work, I went into tesco and got snacks and drinks for the kids.

Was told only 3 items of the same per customer. So I had to put back the 4th item.

I wasn't even hoarding, that's just what I normally do.

My Mrs is fortunate enough to have access at certain hours to these stores. But still she only just gets the essentials.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#300 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2020 16:53
Yasin wrote:
View original post

If things get really serious, I might give the elastic band a go.

Jump to page: