report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#152 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 01:28
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

You are missing quite a lot. The incubation period (period in which one is initially exposed to the virus to the point where one starts showing symptoms) can last upto 14 days. There are even those who carry the virus without showing any symptoms (asymptomatic). So if person A is infected and carries the virus around for 2 weeks after the isolation period begins (without knowing ie showing no symptoms) and then comes into contact and transmits the virus to person B who then carries the virus for a further couple of weeks, without showing any symptoms. That totals to 4 weeks and hence surpassing the 3 week isolation period and still carrying.

Your assumption would only works if either everyone in the UK is exposed to the virus from day one of the isolation (also effectively herd immunity, the morality of which has been discussed earlier in this thread) or if everyone was completely isolated from everyone else (not only is this impossible, but would also fail once the isolation period was over, as anyone infected coming into this country would reinitiate the spread of the virus to those who weren't infected previously)

+0 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#153 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 08:27
Has our pm got it wrong?

Was talking to a Moroccan friend of mine who said in Morocco the public have been told to work from home the coffee shops and hammams have closed yet up to date Morocco have had one death and 29 cases.

I’ve heard similar stories from other countries where the scale of infection and death are much smaller in scale than in uk where 1543 ppl are infected and 53 deaths.

Is our pm doing enough because from what I can see ppl are still carrying on as usual.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#154 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 09:11
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

This is very vital and I believe the Ulama should also address this in their publications.

This is what I would ask them to add or look into.

Quote:
Grand parents who are refusing to follow the rules being laid out for the elderly should understand that children attending school can potentially be carriers. Children may not be affected by the virus, but that does not mean that they cannot pass it on. Children are exposed to much more dirt and bugs than anyone else. So it is very important that grandparents wash more regularly and try to keep their distance from little children. Stay indoors and remain isolated as much as possible. It is your responsibility as a Muslim to protect each other and this is one step for protecting yourself!
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#155 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 09:58
Intrepid wrote:
View original post

jazakAllah, but forget 3 weeks, that is just a number i plucked from thin air. point is there is a period if we all isolated for the entire thing will be over when we come out. let see (Allah protect me) today 17/3/2020 i got the virus, for 2 weeks i show no symptoms . then on 31st I showed symptoms for 2 weeks so by the 14th i was back to normal inshAllah and then for precautionary reasons i stay isolated for an extra 7 day. in that period i cant have passed on to anyone else and so if EVERYONE in the uk did same surely this would be end of it.

by carrying on like this more and more people will just carry on getting and by time we do go in lockdown too many people will have it making it harder to contain.

in my household its just my mother we are worried about due to her old age and having health conditions, my family has decided to reduce visits to our house to lessen chance of her getting it. remember her in ur duas and the entire ummah.
+0 -0Agree x 1Ameen x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#156 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 11:11
Hopefully it won’t get bad in uk. From what I’ve understood the virus has already mutated from its original form. I was reading about the last epidemic which was the Spanish flu in 1914 which killed ppl in masses between 20-50 million and effected 500 million.

Called the Spanish flu which originated in Kansas in America which was spread by troops being deported abroad when Spain got it they did what China did and they kept it quiet which meant it was hit quite badly and spread every where because they did not acknowledge or contain it.

Well anyway after thousands were dying all over the world. One day it just stopped and not one person was effected. Found it amazing how Allah سبحانه وتعالى works.

On analysing this epidemic scientist of more recent times concluded that the virus mutated and was no longer harmful to humans. Fascinating stuff.

On an Islamic perspective it is just a testing time. We have to look at our deeds. We are involved in so many sins. Time for us to contemplate and mend our ways. Otherwise we will continue being tested through hardships and difficulties. Let’s not worry what others are doing and saying. Work on ourselves as we are not mindful in deen and very far from understanding and accepting our own shortcomings.

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#157 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 12:07
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#158 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 12:24
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

What you're asking is just not feasibile, the entire nation cannot self isolate, you have critical services, supply chains, infrastructure, transport etc. that all need to be maintained by people. Besides as I said in my previous post, after the isolation period is over, irrespective of how long it is, all it takes is one person from another country to start the ball rolling again.

The vulnerable need to self-isolate, possibly for months, until the brunt of this is over. How feasible that is I do not know.
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#159 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 13:02

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Covid-19 is a Zootnoic Virus so this line is not precise knowing what we know about it (so far). It should not be included in briefings

Children are exposed to much more dirt and bugs than anyone else...

+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#160 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 13:50
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I wrote that paragraph and I'm not medically trained. It should be written professionally

But the idea is for that message to be added as it seems the elderly have too much tawakul :) or are being very ignorant
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#161 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 13:53

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I checked and the specific line about dirt is not valid for COVID-19 and kids. It may change when we know more...

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#162 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 14:20
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

The virus travels on the skin and is entered through the mouth, eyes, nose etc.

It's not airborne.

So if a kid has it transmitted onto them via school or via a bus on the way to and from school or gets it from a teacher or another student, on their hands, doesn't wash their hands, goes home and gives grandma and grandpa a hug and a kiss, the virus has shifted on the elderly and begins it's work.

The grandfather then goes to the mosque with the wudhu he did just before the kids got home, enters the Masjid and meets and greets others and then leaves the virus on other surfaces.

They are spreading the virus unknowingly.

Or they come home from the Masjid and have picked up the virus and passed it onto the kids and the cycle continues.

The point is, grand parents should keep their distance from children at home too.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#163 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 14:34

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Everything you are saying is valid and understood.

Just the line about dirt and COVID-19 is not, thats all.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#164 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 14:46
Warning on Corona Virus from Indian doctor
Blocked from replying in this thread.
corono virus 21.mp3
Downloads: 112
    [2015.44 kB]
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#165 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2020 16:35

ssaad wrote:
View original post

Warning: Please listen to professional guidance on the issue. This is some remark out of someone's back pocket about being asymptomatic

+1 -0

Jump to page: