Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

Imam Murder Two arrested.

You have contributed 4.2% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
25,030
Brother
9,243
abu mohammed's avatar
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2016 16:40
@BHAI1

Since you have donated your rep awards away, every time you post a link or quote someone with a link in their post, your posts and everyone else with a low rep count will have to wait for their posts to be authorized by one of the authorizers. Until then, please do not assume that your posts are being censored or ignored or left unauthorized on purpose.

Hope that will ease the tension you may be feeling and we ask you and the others to be a little bit more patient as we cannot be online and keep an eye out for every single post made. We are after-all, human too living a normal working class life.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
back to top
Rank Image
BHAI1's avatar
UK
392
Brother
19
BHAI1's avatar
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2016 16:45
i dont want anyones reps or points jazakallah,hence i give them away asap

i feel thats counterproductive to true intellectual debate and discussion

in my opinion
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
25,030
Brother
9,243
abu mohammed's avatar
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2016 16:52
BHAI1 wrote:
View original post

Well it helps filter posters and protects the forum from spam and unusual activity, therefore, building one's rep has its benefits even though many of us don't like the idea.

I grow my reps and then give them out in bulk to those posts that deserve it, but I don't go too low so that I would need wait around like a new user.

Hope that makes it clearer.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
BHAI1's avatar
UK
392
Brother
19
BHAI1's avatar
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2016 17:29
super-glue wrote:
View original post


disagreement and disparagement are two different things

running away and leaving to avoid conflict and argument are also 2 different things

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
BHAI1's avatar
UK
392
Brother
19
BHAI1's avatar
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2016 17:31
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
6,587
Brother
785
Yasin's avatar
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2016 17:43
BHAI1 wrote:
View original post

This has nothing to do with my post which was a reply to your post so I will opt to ignore this post and leave you with your thoughts and judgements. Jazakallah
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
2,796
Brother
4,604
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf's avatar
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2016 17:51
BHAI1 wrote:
View original post


Hang on!..Over the course of several posts you yourself by your own admission have mentioned that you prefer face to face communication, and that your writing skills are not up to point, and perhaps you are not communicating as effectively as you need to be to get your points across.

I simply shared tips with you that I have learned from others, in order to improve my own writing skills and help me communicate more effectively. So how exactly is that derogatory and condescending?

Using certain terminology has nothing to do with communication or getting your point across and having an impact.

A person can write poorly, can have bad spelling, bad grammar and still be an effective communicator, and get their point across effectively.

I have Zero A Levels, even less G.C.S.E....Just because someone spends time in a Gym does not make them an Idiot. Some of the best writers you find are on sports and fitness forums.


report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
back to top
Rank Image
Sulaiman84's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
592
Brother
2,190
Sulaiman84's avatar
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 26th April 2016 21:01
BHAI1 wrote:
View original post



Well, that's just the nature of the beast- the net and forums in general. A plethora of ideas and temperaments all in one place.

from Imam Al-Muhasibi's, Risalatul Mustarshidin (with commentary from Shaikh Abdul-Fattah Abu Ghuddah Rahimahullah):


Take for yourself a fair share of pardon and overlooking others

The effects that argumentation have on the heart

The author is referring to the fact that if you fall into an argument with someone, then the consequence of pardon and overlooking is better for you than continuing and persisting in the argument. The author is certainly correct in this regard because argumentation destroys Islam, preoccupies the intellect, kills the tranquility of the heart and emotions, robs a person of his sleep, turns the heart of a person into a blazing fire that is forever burning and ignited. Pardon and over looking- even though it may cause suffering and involve deception - is a far better share. For it wipes out all of the above-mentioned ailments and brings in their place peace, tranquility, virtue and goodness...

I ['Abdul Fattah] say: When a person is harmed by people and he exercises patience and overlook, and does not think about taking revenge and doing the same to those who have harmed him, then his end result will be better than the one who takes revenge for himself and returns evil with evil. This is because if he overlooks and is forbearing, if he relents and acts honorably - he will experience peace and coolness of the heart within himself and his emotions. In the like manner, he will experience tranquility and peace of mind. In fact, abstaining from disputation and replying to some transgressors, wrongdoers and malicious people is more effective than replying to them.

Good results for the person who abstains from argumentation and revenge

Imam Ibn a-Qayyim Rahimahullah says: "The scene of peace and coolness of the heart is a very honorable scene for the person who recognizes it and tastes its sweetness. This entails his heart and inner feelings not bothering about the harm that he has experienced. Furthermore, his heart should not bother about avenging this harm and satisfying his soul. Rather, his heart should empty and devoid of all this. He should realize that the peace and coolness of his heart and it being devoid of all this is more beneficial for him, more delightful, more wholesome and more advantageous."

"This is because if the heart occupies itself in any sort of revenge, it would miss all that is more important and better for it. In doing so, the person will be deceived. An intelligent and discerning person will not be pleased with that. He will consider all this to the engagements of a foolish person. How can there be any comparison between peace of the heart and it being filled with deception and evil whisperings? And being fully engrossed with exacting revenge?"

"As for the scene of peace and tranquility - if a person abstains from replying to the harm and exacting revenge, he will save himself from all that is worse than this. If he exacts revenge, he will certainly experience fear. This is because revenge sows enmity. And an intelligent persons never feels safe from his enemy even if he is an insignificant one. Many an insignificant person has brought about the fall of his major enemy. So if a person forgives, if he does not exact any revenge, if he does not reply to the harm, he will save himself from the birth of enmity or the increase of enmity. His pardon, his forbearance and his overlooking will certainly break the power of his enemy and repulse his fear - contrary to what exacting revenge will do. Experience also bears testimony to all this." 1.



In another place the Imam mentions:

[O my brother! Beware of] arguing in matters of religion.


Arguing entails disputing and trying to overcome one's adversary. This is done when you twist, trough your speech, the adversary from his opinion in order to give support to your own opinion. This is reprehensible unless it is done equitably and in order to portray the truth. However, this is rare today and such people are also very rare.

When you dispute with a person and try to overpower him [in your discussion], then you are argumentative (mujadil). But if you try to make him understand and want to attract him towards what you have to say, or you want to put his mind at rest [concerning a particular matter], then your purpose is to make him understand (you are a mufhim). In such a situation, you will find that the person you are speaking to is desirous to know what facts you have, he will be attracted towards you, and acknowledge your merits.

Imam Ibn al-Jauzi Rahimahullah says: "You should know that the beauty of a person's Islam lies in his leaving those things that do not concern him. When Allah Jalla Jalaluhu will evil for a person, He puts him through the test or argumentation. When Allah Jalla Jalaluhu wills good for a person, He inspires him to do good deeds. If Allah Jalla Jalaluhu takes away your tongue and gives back to you your heart, He has been extremely kind to you. But if He takes away your heart from you and gives back to you your tongue, you are in a very serious calamity." 2

Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam warned against falling into argumentation and labelled it a cause by which people are turned from guidance to deviation. Abu Umamah Radhiyallahu 'anhu reports that Rasulullah Sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam said: "A people cannot deviate after guidance which they are on unless they fall into argumentation." He then recited this verse:

Maa dharabuhu laka illaa jadalaa bal hum qaumun khasimun

"They set forth this example only by way of disputation. In fact, they are a contentious people."

Zukhruf:58
3.


1. Ibn al-Qayyim, Madarijus Salikin, vol 2, p. 320

2. Ibn al-Jauzi, al-Mutashabih fil Qur'an, p. 11

3. Musnad Ahmed, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, al-Hakim
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
25,030
Brother
9,243
abu mohammed's avatar
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2016 14:15
Muslim leader 'murdered by IS supporters for practising Islamic healing'

Updated: Aug 23rd 2016 01:30 PM

Two IS supporters murdered an imam because they viewed his practice of Islamic healing as "black magic", a jury has heard.
Jalal Uddin, 71, suffered multiple injuries to his head and face in an attack, thought to have involved a hammer, in a children's play area in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, on the evening of February 18 this year.

The Crown say the Bangladeshi national was targeted after he left the mosque where he usually prayed, ate a meal at a friend's house and then walked home.

Mohammed Hussain Syeedy, 22, and Mohammed Abdul Kadir, 24, were said to have developed "a hatred" of Mr Uddin when they discovered last year that he practised Ruqya healing - which involves the use of amulets.

It is alleged the pair went on to mount surveillance of Mr Uddin, described as "quiet, dignified and well-respected", before events reached a deadly climax.

Opening the case at Manchester Crown Court, prosecutor Paul Greaney QC said: "Who hated a decent man like Jalal Uddin with such virulence? The answer to that important question is to be found in the twisted ideology of Isis, sometimes known as Islamic State.

"Jalal Uddin was a practitioner of a form of Islamic healing called Ruqya.

"Isis regards this practice as black magic and adheres to the view that those who engage in it deserve severe punishment, even death.

"Mohammed Hussain Syeedy, the defendant, and an associate of his named Mohammed Abdul Kadir were supporters of Isis and so they subscribed to the view that those who practised Ruqya deserved such punishment."

Mr Greaney said Syeedy will claim he does not support Isis or violent extremism of any kind.

He told jurors: "Your task will be to determine whether that defence may be true. Our submission is that once you have heard all of the evidence, you will be sure that it is not true."

He said it was the Crown's case that Syeedy drove Kadir to the gates of the park, knowing full well that Kadir intended to attack Mr Uddin so as to kill him or at least cause him really serious harm.

He said the pair had "stalked" Mr Uddin around the streets of Rochdale on February 18 before Kadir left Syeedy's car and ran towards Mr Uddin as he entered the park on the final leg of his journey home.

Kadir was said to have landed "repeated forceful blows", including to his mouth and teeth, which left the victim with a depressed skull fracture. He then dashed to the exit on the other side of the park where he was picked up by Syeedy and spirited away, the court heard.

Two young girls discovered the unconscious Mr Uddin at about 8.45pm and the alarm was raised. He was rushed to hospital where he died a short time later - as a result of a killing "of hatred and intolerance", said Mr Greaney.

Syeedy, of Ramsay Street, Rochdale, denies the murder of Mr Uddin with another (Kadir).
Kadir fled abroad in the days that followed the murder, the jury was told.

www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/08/23/muslim-leader-murdered-by-i...
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
back to top