Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Some mistakes occur in salaam

You have contributed 9.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th May 2015 22:10
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah. My dear respected brothers in islam today i would like to share some common mistakes in our salaam (the greetings of muslim). Sometimes we hear people say "slamalaykum" or "slamaleekum" in our local areas. I found these two special salaam words come most likely from bangali,indian, and pakistani people. And some people say "asalamalakum" or "salamalikum" when they see us. These two types of salaams come most likely from our african brothers. Also in reply we hear the same types of pronunciations.( e.g "walaykum salaam, aleykum salaam", and some other weird words) which are not correct pronunciations. Now the question is, would these be counted as salaam to arabi language?

I don't know what will be the opinion of others, but to my view they are meaningless. And from this case i can proceed more in saying that how careless we are about making correct our arabic words pronunciations. If this is our situation in greetings of islam then Allah knows what is the condition of our Quran tilawat and salat.

May Allah subhaanahu wa ta'alaa give us tawfeeq to correct the word salaam.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 12:48
Pity that we do this.. But its not necessary that a person saying this has bad Tajweed too. I know someone with good Tajweed saying Salam like this. Even if we say the proper Salam. There is no sound of ع its rather ء.
This happens especially while answering phone.
Surely this is one thing that needs correction. I wonder if the hamza Salam is even valid or not or should one reply back to them or not?
+2 -1Dislike x 1
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 13:05
Jazakallahu khair for this informative thread on mistakes in salam. Are there exceptions for maazoors who prononce Sh for Sa, and hamza for ayen?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 16:10
ahamed wrote:
View original post

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah brother, for ma'zoor we know that they got rukhsah/permission. Their pronunciations will not harm anything. But there are certain people who we call lazy tongue people, they do not even try to pronunce a word correctly. If they say ء in the place of ع or ش in the place of س then sometimes it is going to change the meaning, e.g if anyone reads والله سميع عليم (wallaahu sameeun aleem) with hamzah where there is ayn in the word aleem then meaning will be changed. Because aleem with hamzah beginning means painful, and aleem beginning ayn means the one who knows. So if a person reads like that then of course its gona be a big mistake. But with seen instead of sheen i haven't got any big mistakes yet.
For information ..we know brother when there is a mistake which changes meaning then it is called lahn jali in tajweed which means if you pray salat with that mistake then salat will not be valid.
Again, mazoor people are mazoor in the sight of Allah too.
+1 -0Like x 1
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 16:26
Jazakallahu khair for that reply. The example of wallahu samiul aleem was very good for explaining this issue. But bengal, UP, bihar brothers have issue with sa, and south Indians with ayen.
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 16:43

ahamed wrote:
View original post

Ye brother i know that, i think its better if we just keep it in general. Because there might be some people who are from these sides of the world who can get little bit upset. Also i am sorry that i mentioned some country's name. But i mentioned my country as well where i was born. Wajazaakallahu khairan

+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 17:43
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 18:45
Why someone disliked second post?
+0 -0Agree x 2Disagree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 23:04
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

Dear respected brother i think we should not ask that question
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 23:26
abu sawda wrote:
View original post

Why?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 23:28
If someone dislikes a post, it would be nice to know why so we can correct ourselves.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2015 23:33
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I think the person who got this they should ask... anyway..al afwu minallah
+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2015 16:52
Please tell the reason for disliking that post.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 11th May 2015 21:57
muslim11 wrote:
View original post

Assalaamualaikum warahmatullah, aren't you a sister? That is the reason, i mean when i saw your gender i played a trick so you do not post in my thread or topic. And this is a specific reason of mine. Hope you understand. But since i have visited to different different topics i saw so many sisters are involved in conversations with brothers. So i understood this forum does not have problem with it. And alhamdulillah i saw so many sisters are doing very fantastic jobs here. And hope you do not mind because of that dislike. Its just one dislike amongst hundreds of likes i think. InshaAllah i will rate a like for you now . I am very sorry for talking like this to you sister. Wassalaamu alaikum warahmatullah
+4 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2015 07:18
That is a very beneficial reminder. Especially at this time when members went a little off topic somewhere else on forum.we need these kind of reminders from time to time.. Being human beings we forget and slip.
Don't take it too directly. This is a reminder for myself first.
+1 -0Like x 1