Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Lives of the Sahabah (Radiyallaahu 'Anhum)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Arslan., Naqshband66, Black Turban, Seifeddine-M, Jinn, Acacia, dr76, True Life, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2014 01:40
(salaam)

Hadhrat Umar رضي الله عنه Weeps over the Exertion of a Christian Monk

Abu Imraan Jowni narrates that Hadhrat Umar رضي الله عنه once passed by a monk and remained standing there. Someone called the monk and told him that the Ameerul Mu'mineen was there. When the monk peeped out, the effects of difficulty, exertion and forsaking the world were clearly apparent on his face (he had grown extremely pale and haggard on account of his spiritual exertions). Looking at him, Hadhrat Umar رضي الله عنه began to weep. "But he is a Christian," someone commented. Hadhrat Umar رضي الله عنه replied, "I know, but I feel sorry for him because I thought of the verse in which Allaah mentions:

"He who suffered affliction and who endured many difficulties (thinking that he was pleasing Allaah whereas his beliefs and actions did not conform with the injunctions of Allaah). He shall enter the blazing fire." (Surah Ghaashiya, verses 3,4)

I feel sorry for him because despite his exertion and efforts in this world, he shall still end up in Jahannam. (Hayatus Sahabah Vol-1)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+7 -0Like x 6Winner x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2014 02:20
The Incident of Hadhrat Ali's رضي الله عنه Armour and his Interaction with a Christian who then Accepted Islaam

Hadhrat Sha'bi narrates that when (the Ameerul Mu'mineen) Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه once went to the marketplace, he found a Christian selling a coat of armour. Recognising the coat of armour, Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه said, "That armour belongs to me. Let us have the judge of the Muslims decide the matter between us." The presiding judge at that time was Qaadhi Shuray and Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه asked him to rule in the matter.

When Qaadhi Shuray saw the Ameerul Mu'mineen Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه, he got up from his place and made the Ameerul Mu'mineen sit there. He then sat in front of the Ameerul Mu'mineen next to the Christian. Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه said, "O Shuray! Had my adversary been a Muslim, I would have sat with him. However, I have heard Rasulullaah (saw) say (about the non-Muslims living in a Muslim country), "Do not shake hands with them, do not be first to greet them, do not visit them when they fall ill, do not perform their funeral prayers, make them use the narrow part of the pathway and keep them in a lowered position as Allaah has kept them in a lowered position." Do pass judgement between us, O Shuray."

Qaadhi Shuray asked, "What do you have to say, Ameerul Mu'mineen?" Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه declared, "This coat of armour belongs to me. I had lost it a long time ago." Qaadhi Shuray then asked, "What have you to say, O Christian?" The Christian pleaded, "No. The Ameerul Mu'mineen is mistaken. The armour is mine." Qaadhi Shuray ruled, "The armour cannot be taken from the Christian unless you have proof (of your ownership, O Ameerul Mu'mineen)." Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه submitted, "Shuray is right." The Christian then said, "As for me, I testify that it is certainly the judgement of the Ambiyaa that the Ameerul Mu'mineen can come to a judge under his power who passes judgement against him. O Ameerul Mu'mineen! I swear by Allaah that the armour belongs to you. As I walked behind you one day, the armour fell off your brown camel and I picked it up."

He then declared: "I testify that there is none worthy of worship but Allaah and that Muhammad ((saw)) is Allaah's Rasul"

Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه said to him, "Now that you have accepted Islaam, you may have it." The man then loaded it on his horse.

A narration of Haakim states that the armour of Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه once fell off his camel and was found by a person who sold it. When the armour was found in the possession of a Jew, Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه took the case to Qaadhi Shuray. (Hadhrat Ali's رضي الله عنه son) Hadhrat Hasan رضي الله عنه and his freed slave Qambar testified in favour of Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه. Qaadhi Shuray said, "Bring me another witness in place of Hasan." "Do you not accept the testimony of Hasan?" asked Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه. "No," replied Qaadhi Shuray, "but I recall that you told me that it is not permissible for a son to testify in favour of his father."

Hadhrat Yazeed Tameemi reports a lengthy narration in which he states that Qaadhi Shuray said to Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه ''We shall accept the testimony of your freed slave but not that of your son." Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه said, "Good grief! Have you not heard Umar رضي الله عنه report that Rasulullaah (saw) said, 'Hasan and Husayn shall be the leaders of the youth of Jannah?" Turning to the Jew, Hadhrat Ali then said, "You may have the armour, O Jew!" The Jew said in astonishment, The Ameerul Mu'mineen takes the case before the judge of the Muslims who passes judgement against him and he still accepts it! O Ameerul Mu'mineen! I swear by Allaah that you have spoken the truth. The armour is yours. I picked it up when it fell off your camel." He then declared: "I testify that there is none worthy of worship but Allaah and that Muhammad ((saw)) is Allaah's Rasul"

Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه then gave him the armour as a gift along with seven hundred Dirhams. The man then faithfully stayed close to Hadhrat Ali رضي الله عنه till he was martyred in the Battle of Siffeen. (Hayatus Sahabah Vol-1)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2014 02:38
The Story of a Bedouin

Hadhrat Shaddaad ibnul Haad narrates that a Bedouin once came to Rasulullaah (saw), accepted Imaan and became a devoted follower of Rasulullaah (saw). He then undertook to make Hijrah and stay with Rasulullaah (saw) (in Madinah).

After the Battle of Khaybar, much booty came to Rasulullaah (saw) and he distributed it (amongst the Muslim soldiers). Rasulullaah (saw) also stipulated a share for that particular Bedouin Sahabi رضي الله عنه and handed it over to his friends (to give it to him) since he was busy grazing the animals. When they came to give his share (of the booty) to him, the Sahabi رضي الله عنه asked, "What is this?" "It is your share of the booty that Rasulullaah (saw) has stipulated for you," they replied. He said, "I did not follow him for this. Instead, I followed him so that I may die and enter Jannah when an arrow strikes me here." He then pointed towards his throat. Rasulullaah (saw) said, "If you are true, Allaah will make it come true."

The Sahabah رضي الله عنه then engaged in battle against the enemy and (after fighting and being martyred) the Sahabi رضي الله عنه was brought to Rasulullaah (saw). He had been struck by an arrow at exactly the same spot he had pointed towards. Rasulullaah (saw) asked, "Is it he?" When the Sahabah رضي الله عنهم confirmed that it was him, Rasulullaah (saw) said, "He was true to Allaah and Allaah made his intention come true." Rasulullaah (saw) then shrouded the Sahabi رضي الله عنه in a coat that belonged to Rasulullaah (saw), after which he placed the corpse before him and led the Janaazah salaah (funeral prayer). Whilst making du'aa for the Sahabi رضي الله عنه, the following words of Rasulullaah (saw) were heard: "O Allaah! Here lies Your servant who migrated in Your path. He was killed as a martyr and I am his witness." (Hayatus Sahabah Vol-1)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2014 03:17
The Story of a Black Sahabi رضي الله عنه

Hadhrat Anas رضي الله عنه narrates that a man came to Rasulullaah (saw) saying, "O Rasulullaah (saw)! I am a man with a black skin, an ugly face and without any wealth. Will I enter Jannah if I fight those people (the Kuffaar army)?" "Certainly" replied Rasulullaah (saw). The man then advanced and fought until he was martyred. When Rasulullaah (saw) came by his corpse, Rasulullaah (saw) said, "Allaah has beautified your face, made you fragrant and increased your wealth." (Addressing the Sahabah رضي الله عنهم) Rasulullaah (saw) then said, "I have seen his two wives from the wide-eyed damsels of Jannah pulling at his coat, disputing with each other about who will enter between his skin and his coat." (Hayatus Sahabah Vol-1)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2014 03:28
The Story of Hadhrat Ubay bin Ka'b رضي الله عنه and His Du'aa to be able to Endure Fever

Hadhrat Abu Sa'eed Khudri رضي الله عنه narrates that Rasulullaah (saw) said, "Whenever a Mu'min is hurt on his body, Allaah uses it as a means to annul some of his sins." Hadhrat Ubay bin Ka'b رضي الله عنه then prayed, "O Allaah! I beseech You to allow a fever to inflict the body of Ubay bin Ka'b until the day he meets you (until I die). However, it should not prevent him from salaah, fasting, Hajj, Umrah or Jihaad in Your path." A fever then overcame him where he stood and did not leave him until he passed away. Even while suffering the fever, he was always present for salaah, observed his fasts, performed Hajj and Umrah and participated in military expeditions.

Hadhrat Abu Sa'eed Khudri رضي الله عنه narrates that a person came to Rasulullaah (saw) and asked, "Tell me what we receive in exchange for these illnesses that keep afflicting us?" Rasulullaah (saw) replied, "They annul sins." He Ubay رضي الله عنه asked, "Even if it is something mild?" Rasulullaah (saw) said, "Even if it be a prick of a thorn or something milder." It was then that Hadhrat Ubay رضي الله عنه prayed to Allaah that fever should never leave him until his death but should not prevent him from Hajj, Umrah, Jihaad in the path of Allaah or salaah in congregation. Whenever someone touched him, the heat of the fever could be felt. This continued until the day he passed away.
(Hayatus Sahabah Vol-1)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2014 03:37
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2014 08:40
The Bravery of Hadhrat Abu Mihjin Thaqafi رضي الله عنه

Hadhrat Ibn Seereen reports that Hadhrat Abu Mihjin Thaqafi رضي الله عنه was always being lashed for drinking wine. Eventually, when his drinking became too much, he was jailed and kept in fetters. When he saw the Muslims fighting the Battle of Qaadisiyyah, it appeared to him that the Mushrikeen were causing great harm to the Muslims. He therefore sent a message through the slave girl to the wife of (the Muslim commander) Hadhrat Sa'd bin Abi Waqqaas رضي الله عنه saying, "Abu Mihjin says that if you set him free, give him a horse and weapons, he will be the first to return to you (after the battle) if he is not martyred."

He then recited the following couplets (which meant):

"It is enough to make me grieve that a horse is carrying spears to the fight
While I am left in fetters in the jailhouse
When I stand up, my shackles restrain me
All avenues to martyrdom have been closed to me as the caller (to Jihaad) makes me deaf"

When the slave girl passed the message on to Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه's wife, she had his shackles removed, gave him a horse that was at home and some weapons. He then spurred the horse on until he reached the Muslim army. He killed every Mushrik soldier he met, breaking the man's back. When he saw this, Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه was astonished and asked, 'Who is that horseman?" It was not long thereafter that Allaah had the enemy defeated. Hadhrat Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه then returned, gave the weapons back and secured his legs to the shackles as they had been.

When Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه returned, his wife or slave girl asked, "How was the battle?" Informing them of the battle, Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه replied, "We were being defeated until Allaah sent a rider on a black and white horse. Had I not left Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه here in shackles, I would have thought that certain features of the man were that of Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه." The lady then said, "By Allaah! That was Abu Mihjin!" She then narrated the story to Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه. Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه called for Hadhrat Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه, removed his shackles and said, "I swear by Allaah that I shall never again have you lashed for drinking wine." Hadhrat Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه then said, "And I swear by Allaah that I shall never drink it again. I had been repeatedly drinking because of the lashings that you were giving me." He then never drank wine ever again.

Another lengthy narration from Muhammad bin Sa'd states that after joining the Muslim army, every flank that Hadhrat Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه attacked was defeated by the permission of Allaah. The Muslims gaped, "He must be an angel!" As Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه watched, he observed, "The horse's leap is that of (my horse) Balqaa and the man's style is that of Abu Mihjin. However, Abu Mihjin is in prison." When the enemy was defeated, Hadhrat Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه returned secured his feet back in the shackles.

When the daughter of Hasfah informed Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه about what had happened with Hadhrat Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه, Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه said, "I swear by Allaah that I shall never again penalise the person through whom Allaah has granted honour to the Muslims." When Hadhrat Sa'd رضي الله عنه had set him free, Hadhrat Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه said, "I always continued drinking when I was being punished because I would then be cleansed from the sin. Now that you have decided not to punish me, I swear by Allaah that I shall never drink wine ever again."

In a narration of Hadhrat Sayf, other couplets are reported. The narration also states that Hadhrat Abu Mihjin رضي الله عنه fought extremely well and that he shouted "Allaahu Akbar" each time he attacked. No enemy soldier could stand before him as he massacred them. Although the Muslims were unable to recognise him, they marveled at his performance. (Hayatus Sahabah Vol-1)
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd February 2014 03:06
The Justice and Equity that Rasulullaah (saw) and the Sahabah رضي الله عنهم Practised

The Incident of Two Men from the Ansaar in this Regard

Hadhrat ummu Salama رضى الله عنها reports that two men from the Ansaar brought to Rasulullaah (saw) their dispute concerning some inheritance for which they could produce no evidence nor any witnesses. Rasulullaah (saw) said to them, "You are bringing your dispute to me when I can pass judgement only by my estimation in matters concerning which no revelation has come to me. Therefore, if I decide in the favour of someone because of his stronger case, thereby severing any right of his brother, he should not accept it. In that case, I would be apportioning for him a part of Jahannam. On the Day of Qiyaamah he will come with it as a yoke around his neck."

The two men started weeping and each one of them said, "O Rasulullaah! hand over my right to him." Rasulullaah (saw) said, "Since you want it that way, go and ponder about the right, divide it between yourselves and draw lots (to decide who should have which share). Each one of you should then permit his share for the other (so that none stands responsible for taking the right of the other)." (Hayatus Sahabah Vol-2)
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2014 03:50
An Incident of a Bedouin in this Regard

Hadhrat Abu Sa'eed رضي الله عنه reports that a Bedouin once came to Rasulullaah (saw) to demand payment of a debt Rasulullaah (saw) owed to him. He behaved very harshly with Rasulullaah (saw) saying, "I shall continue plaguing you until you pay the debt!" The companions of Rasulullaah (saw) admonished the man saying, "Shame on you! Do you know with whom you are talking?!" The man said, "I am only asking for my right." Rasulullaah (saw) said to them, "Why are you not defending the one who has a right?"

Rasulullaah (saw) then sent for Hadhrat Khowla bint Qais رضى الله عنها and asked her, "Borrow me some dates if you have any and I shall pay you back when I receive some dates." She said, "Most certainly! May my parents be sacrificed for you, O Rasulullaah (saw)!" She then borrowed the dates to Rasulullaah (saw), with which he paid the Bedouin off together with something extra. The man then said, ''You have given me full payment, may Allaah give you in full." Rasulullaah (saw) then said, "They are the best of people (who support those with a right). There is no good in a nation whose weak people cannot claim their right without hesitation."

The Narration of Hadhrat Khowla bint Qais رضى الله عنها in this Regard

Hadhrat Khowla bint Qais رضى الله عنها who was the wife of Hadhrat Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib رضي الله عنه narrates, "Rasulullaah (saw) owed a wasaq of dates to a man from the Banu Saa'idah tribe. When the man came to claim repayment, Rasulullaah (saw) instructed someone from the Ansaar to pay it. When the Ansaari paid the man in dates which were of an inferior quality, he refused to accept it. The Ansaari said, "Are you refusing Rasulullaah (saw)?" The man said, "Yes. Who is more worthy of exercising justice than Rasulullaah (saw)?" Rasulullaah (saw)'s eyes welled with tears as he said, "He is right. Who is more worthy of exercising justice than me? May Allaah not bless a nation whose weak ones cannot claim their rights from their powerful ones and cannot demand them either." Rasulullaah (saw) then said, "O Khowla! Count and settle his debt because when a creditor is satisfied when he leaves his debtor, all creatures on earth and fish in the oceans pray for him (the debtor). However, when a debtor delays in paying when he has the means to pay, Allaah records a sin in his records for every day and night that passes (without him paying)." (Hayatus Sahabah Vol-2)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 15th December 2014 14:35
"Destined for Paradise "

Once Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) was seated with the Sahaabah (radhiyallahu ‘anhum) when he said: “A man from the people of Jannah will appear before you now.” Just then a man from the Ansaar came with his beard dripping of his left-over wudhu water. The same happen for three days consecutivelconsecutivey.

When Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam) left, ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr (radhiyallahu ‘anhuma) followed this Ansaari man and said to him: “I had an argument with my father and vowed not to go home for three days. Will you allow me to spend these three days at your place?” The man agreed to this. ‘Abdullah (radhiyallahu‘anhu) says that he spent those three nights with him (trying to ascertain what act of worship earned him this
glad tiding) but he did not find him carrying out any extra acts of worship apart from the fact that he only heard him speaking good. After the three nights passed, ‘Abdullah (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) said to him: “O servant of Allah! I did not have any problem with my father. Rather the only reason for me spending these nights with you was to discover your special act of worship which has earned you the glad tiding I heard from Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam). However, I haven’t seen you do any extra actions. Now please tell me what has taken you to such a position?” The man replied: “I don’t do anything other than what you have seen.” When ‘Abdullah (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) left, he called him back and said: “The only thing extra is that I do not harbour any ill-feelings in my heart for any believer and I am not jealous of anyone for the good that Allah Ta‘ala blesses him with.” ‘Abdullah (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) said: “This is the reason for you reaching this position and this is the thing that we are unable to do.”

(Musnad Ahmad #12697)
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2017 07:43
The Sahabah (radi Allahu anhum) are the hero of the Muslim nation. Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) praised them in the Quran. They are the ones who formed the first and best society of human beings in the city-state of Medina; a society that was based on Allah's rules. They supported Islam while the Prophet was alive, and preserved it after his death. They are the ones who brawled for, remembered, lived and died to the message of Islam to the rest of the world.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in red?