Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Secrets under The Green Dome

Jump to page:

You have contributed 3.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Seifeddine-M, sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed, Muadh_Khan, Cloudy, icedude786, Acacia, Taalibah, dr76, Naqshband66, mmb786, Arslan., the fake shaykh, Jinn, bint e aisha
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2013 10:10
A comment from the blog post

Kashif Ahmed Khan wrote:

Green Dome

i was reading and after some time i started crying and reading and after reading all, it make me speechless, ..........
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2013 18:35
[blank post - IP being checked]
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2013 18:40
This is the 3rd blank post today. I'm wondering if there's some dodgy attempts being made. Precautions in place once again. If it was a genuine post, can the the poster please contact using the contact us page and let me know. جزاك الله خيرا
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2013 20:35
Salaamualaikum every one

I remember a fascinating story that was told to me by an old afghan man who was over 100 years old who happened to live in madinah. He migrated to madinah back in the 1950's from afghanistan and was a custodian of masjid nabawi for over 25 yrs. the old man was called baba by his family. He told me through a translater that the Saudis attempted recently to have the green dome painted grey and the worker who was tasked with the job to paint it went blind shortly after starting his job. If you were to look closely at a pic of the green dome, you can easily see a few sections of the dome painted with grey. I was visiting madinah back in 2008 when I was told this story by baba Sab . Since then I heard that he pasted away a few years ago in madinah.. May allah have mercy on him.He was an extremely pious man with alot of noor on his face and who didn't miss any jamaat salat at masjid nabawi and would walk 25 minutes from his home to masjid nabawi for fajr and stay til zuhr salat every day. He had a long white beard , wore white turban and traditional afghan sunnah clothes. He used to make zikr beads ( tasbeeh ) and people would give him money as a gift since he refused to accept money from his rich son who lived and worked in the USA . He told me that his son's money was haram and told his son that he wouldn't ever take his money out of taqwa.subhanallah.lastly, he told me that when he was a worker at masjid nabawi, he was asked to go on the roof and repaint the green dome green again since the paint faded. He said that he couldn't ever do that out of respect and love for rasullullah ( saw) because he would be higher then rasullullah ( saw) so he always refused this task. Allahuakbar.
+2 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2013 20:45
Jazakallah for the informative story. Allah knows best about this story.

There are many more stories like this that are fake and have no verification whats so ever.

One example is of the dead body that is supposed to be on the top of the dome, another fake!

The green dome wasn't always green, when we read into it's history we find that it was painted a few times. At this moment in time I don't recall the colours.
+2 -0Agree x 2
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2013 00:45
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I also heard about the dead man on the dome story. It's true about many stories being fake. I just wonder why the dome was painted with some grey paint.it doesn't make sense that they started it but didn't finish it. Allahu alim.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2013 00:55
I've been to Madinah too Alhumdulillah and taken plenty of pictures of which some are on this site. But I've not noticed any grey paint on it. There are some parts that look very dusty, but don't forger where it is.

If you kook on page 2, you won't see any grey in there and if you look on page 3, you will see workers painting and washing the entire dome. I don't think they would have left any grey at all. Also see the original description on page 2, it was the colour of lead and then later painted green. I'm sure, but can't verify yet that it was a different colour before it was painted green. Allahu alum.
+1 -0
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2013 03:04
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Inshallah I have a few pics of my own that I took and the grey spots were there. Inshallah I will post them when I get the chance.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2013 05:16
here are some pics but from the web.i got some of my own somewhere but will post them inshallah. these pics show a few wide and long paint stocks on the green dome.it clearly looks like some one started painting it grey but then stopped the job. decide for your self.
6208864.jpg
Downloads: 333
    [97.64 kB]
enjoying-blog5.jpg
Downloads: 452
    [47.56 kB]
images.jpg
Downloads: 172
    [5.82 kB]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 20th October 2013 10:34
The dome was renovated from time to time...from 678H TO 1253H its colour was the colour of lead plates fixed on it. In 1253H, sultan mahmood osmani ordered to colour it green, since then it is known as green dome. It is repainted whenever it becomes faint due to weather conditions.

The domes were built to distinguish the roof of the sacred chamber from the roof of the rest of the Masjid and also to safeguard against severe weather conditions. It was also to prevent anybody walkinng o the roof of the sacred chamber out of respect for the prophet (saw) and his companions r.a.

P.s. was looking through through historical books on Madinah munawwarah, but didn't find anything relating to the colour of the dome apart from the above...so yes probably just reiterating what's already been posted.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 18:50
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

i am taking this and using on fb and also many other entries from Muftisays I will be taking and using but of course citation always given, jazakallah and keep it coming.
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 19:00
hey did u guys see the video on youtube about shaikh zulfiqar talking about how deoband ulama saved the green dome? Moulana Thanvi رضي الله عنه saved it from Saudi Wahabi Najdi fitnah destruction.
+0 -0Agree x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 19:05
i am not allowed to post url but go on youtube and look up how deoband saved the prophets green dome
+0 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 19:26
can someone say in few words your initial feelings and emotions when you FIRST saw the green dome and the mosque of Beloved Prophet salallaho alayhi wa sallam please? It will be helpful to all of us jazakallah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 19:29
FususAlHikam wrote:
View original post

Meaning first time every time you go for umrah or first time in your life?
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?