Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Hadrat Ameer Mu'awiyah (RA)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Taalibah, Acacia, Yasin, Naqshband66, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abdullah bin Mubarak, najimuddin
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 27th April 2012 15:15
Sayyiduna Ameer Mu'aawiyah رضي الله عنه

The Uncle Of The Mu'mineen

Shaykh Ibraheem Memon

Part 1
Youtube Video

Part 2
Youtube Video

Part 3
Youtube Video

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2014 10:36
Shaykhul Hadeeth Muhammad Zakariya Kandhlawi رحمه الله writes,

"The Battle of Siffeen was the famous battle between Sayyiduna 'Ali رضي الله عنه and Sayyiduna Mu'awiya رضي الله عنه. The Emperor of the Byzantine Empire tried to exploit this division within the Muslims. When Sayyiduna Mu'awiya رضي الله عنه found out, he sent a letter to the Byzantine Emperor, 'If you have made the decision to attack, then I swear by Allaah I will make peace with 'Ali, and I will be in the front lines of the army that Sayyiduna 'Ali dispatches against you. We will destroy the city of Constantinople and uproot your government like carrots and turnips.'

The story behind this is that the Byzantine Emperor wrote a letter to Sayyiduna Mu'awiya رضي الله عنه saying, ' 'Ali is a thorn in your side, I will dispatch an army to aid you.' In reply, Sayyiduna Mu'awiya رضي الله عنه said, 'O Christian dog! You want to take advantage of our difference of opinion. Remember, if you squint your eyes in the direction of 'Ali, Mu'awiya will come as a soldier of 'Ali's army to gouge out your eyes!'

Likewise, it is narrated that Sayyiduna Mu'awiya رضي الله عنه said, 'I swear by Allaah, 'Ali is better and greater than me, and I only oppose him because of the blood of 'Uthmaan. If he avenges the blood of 'Uthmaan, I will be the first of the people of Shaam (Greater Syria) to take bai'a on his hands.'"

[Shari'a & Tariqa, pp. 17-18]
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2014 14:19
Nice thread, jazakAllahu khair
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2014 09:58
The Life of Sayyiduna Mu'awiyah رضي الله عنه - Mufti Asad Waqas

Halalified YT Audio
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 4th June 2014 15:43
Ameer Muawiyah (RA) is certainly in Jannah and we owe much to him for the spread of Islam. Can't say the same for his son, Yazid, but, nevertheless Allah will judge on the events that unfolded after his (RA) departure from the world.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 4th June 2014 15:45
User Imam Ali wrote:
phuttar

English please. Not everyone knows Punjaabi
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 4th June 2014 15:47
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Would betah suffice? :P
+0 -0Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 4th June 2014 15:57
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 4th June 2014 16:03
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Merah prah, oops, I mean my brother it's been changed.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2014 16:32
Al-Qadi Ibn al-'Arabi رحمه الله said of the qualities that were combined in Ameerul Mu'mineen Sayyiduna Mu'awiya رضي الله عنه,

"He protected the Ummah, guarded the borders, strengthened the troops, prevailed over the enemy and ran the peoples affairs well."

[al-'Awaasim min al-Qawaasim]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2014 16:45
Shaykhul Islaam Ibn Taymiyya رحمه الله said,

"It is proven by Mutawaatir reports that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم appointed Sayyiduna Mu'aawiya رضي الله عنه as an army commander, just as he appointed others, and he strove in Jihaad alongside him. He also entrusted him with writing down the revelation, and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم did not make any accusation against him with regard to writing down the revelation. Sayyiduna 'Umar Ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنه, who was one of the most experienced in assessing people, appointed him as a governor. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى instilled truth on Sayyiduna 'Umar's رضي الله عنه lips and in his heart, and he never accused Sayyiduna Mu'aawiya رضي الله عنه of any wrongdoing while he was his governor in Syria."

[Majmoo' al-Fataawa]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2014 16:55
Al-Haafidh Ibn Katheer رحمه الله said concerning Ameerul Mu'mineen Sayyiduna Mu'aawiya رضي الله عنه,

"All the Muslims agreed to swear allegiance to him in 41 AH, and he remained the undisputed Caliph during this period until the year in which he died. Jihaad in enemy territory was ongoing, the word of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى was supreme, booty was coming in from all ends of the earth, and the Muslims during his reign had a life of ease, enjoying justice and tolerance. He was forbearing*, dignified, a leader, prominent among the people, generous, just and chivalrous. He was a man of good conduct, tolerant, forgiving and generous in overlooking mistakes, may Allaah have mercy on him."

* Ibn Abi'd-Dunyaa رحمه الله and Abu Bakr Ibn Abi 'Aasim رحمه الله each wrote a book about the forbearance of Ameerul Mu'mineen Sayyiduna Mu'aawiya رضي الله عنه.

[al-Bidaayah wan-Nihaayah]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2014 16:59
Here is an interesting narration found by brother Hani.

قَالَ: أَخْبَرَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ الْوَلِيدِ الأَزْرَقِيُّ، وَالْوَلِيدُ بْنُ عَطَاءِ بْنِ الأَغَرِّ الْمَكِّيَّانِ، قَالا: حَدَّثَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ يَحْيَى بْنِ سَعِيدٍ الأُمَوِيُّ، عَنْ جَدِّهِ، قَالَ: دَخَلَ مُعَاوِيَةُ عَلَى عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ وَعَلَيْهِ حُلَّةٌ خَضْرَاءُ، فَنَظَرَ إِلَيْهَا أَصْحَابُ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ فَلَمَّا رَأَى ذَلِكَ عُمَرُ وَثَبَ إِلَيْهِ وَمَعَهُ الدِّرَّةُ فَجَعَلَ ضَرْبًا لِمُعَاوِيَةَ، وَمُعَاوِيَةُ يَقُولُ: اللَّهَ اللَّهَ يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ، فِيمَ فِيمَ؟ قَالَ: فَلَمْ يُكَلِّمْهُ حَتَّى رَجَعَ فَجَلَسَ فِي مَجْلِسِهِ، فَقَالَ لَهُ الْقَوْمُ: لِمَ ضَرَبْتَ الْفَتَى يَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ؟ مَا فِي قَوْمِكَ مِثْلَهُ، فَقَالَ: " وَاللَّهِ مَا رَأَيْتُ إِلا خَيْرًا، وَمَا بَلَغَنِي إِلا خَيْرًا وَلَكِنِّي رَأَيْتُهُ، وَأَشَارَ بِيَدِهِ، فَأَحْبَبْتُ أَنْ أَضَعَ مِنْهُ

[Sa`eed al-Qurashi narrates: Mu`awiyah entered on a Majlis of `Umar bin al-Khattab and he was wearing (apparently fancy) green colored clothes, so all the companions of Rasul-Allah (saw) (who were present) started looking at it (as if desiring one like it), when `Umar saw this he stood up and quickly started hitting Mu`awiyah with a whip and Mu`awiyah was saying: "By Allah, by Allah O Ameer al-Mu'mineen, why why?" He never answered him until he went back and sat in his Majlis, the folks said to `Umar: "Why'd you hit the young man O Ameer al-Mu'mineen? None of your people (meaning governors) are as good as he." He said to them: "By Allah I never saw from him except goodness nor have I heard concerning him except what is good, but I saw him (wearing it with pride) -and he pointed with his finger- so I liked to lower his pride."]

Source: Tabaqat ibn Sa`d.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2014 17:00
And, another one:

Here's a sahih where Mu`awiyah tells Ka`b "How do you say that I shall relieve leadership when the companions of Rasul-Allah (saw) `Ali and al-Zubayr are present!?"

قَالَ: أَخْبَرَنَا وَكِيعُ بْنُ الْجَرَّاحِ، وَأَبُو مُعَاوِيَةَ الضَّرِيرُ، قَالا: حَدَّثَنَا الأَعْمَشُ، عَنَ أَبِي صَالِحٍ، قَالَ: " كَانَ الْحَادِي يَحْدُو بِعُثْمَانَ وَهُوَ يَقُولُ: إِنَّ الأَمِيرَ بَعْدَهُ عَلِيُّ وَفِي الزُّبَيْرِ خَلَفٌ رَضِيُّ قَالَ: فَقَالَ كَعْبٌ: لا، بَلْ هُوَ صَاحِبُ الْبَغْلَةِ الشَّهْبَاءِ.
قَالَ: يَعْنِي مُعَاوِيَةَ.
قَالَ: فَأُتِيَ مُعَاوِيَةُ فَقِيلَ لَهُ: إِنَّ كَعْبًا يَقُولُ كَذَا وَكَذَا، فَأَتَى كَعْبًا فَقَالَ: يَا أَبَا إِسْحَاقَ، وَأَنَّى يَكُونُ هَذَا وَهَهُنَا أَصْحَابُ مُحَمَّدٍ عَلِيٌّ وَالزُّبَيْرُ؟ قَالَ: أَنْتَ صَاحِبُهَا

Source: Tabaqat ibn Sa`d.

Just shows how the Muhajireen were the best of the companions (RA).
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 13th July 2014 17:04
Sayyiduna Imaam al-Hasan رضي الله عنه handed the caliphate over to Sayyiduna Mu'aawiya رضي الله عنه even though he had with him more than forty thousand men who had sworn allegiance to him unto death. If Sayyiduna Mu'aawiya رضي الله عنه had not been qualified for it, Imaam al-Hasan رضي الله عنه would not have yielded it to him. He would have fought him instead.

[an-Nihaayah 'an Ta'n Ameerul Mu'mineen Mu'aawiya رضي الله عنه]
+3 -0Like x 2

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?