Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Sahaba (Companions) (Radiallaahu 'anhum)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.8% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Yasin, sweetmuslimahk1, Taqwah, Naqshband66, Acacia, umar123, Taalibah, Black Turban, Jinn
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#61 [Permalink] Posted on 29th October 2012 09:19
This dream indicated the ranking and virtue of the best four men of this Ummah, with the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم coming first, followed by Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه, then Umar رضي الله عنه, then Uthman رضي الله عنه.

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم further concluded that these three men will succeed him in ruling the Muslims according to his teachings. The removal of the scales meant that the 'successorship according to prophethood' would end, giving place to monarchy or other regimes.

Ali رضي الله عنه did not have a part in this dream, even though he was, by consensus, the Prophet's fourth righteous successor. This was possibly because his reign would be marred by major tribulations and fights, and because some Muslims would not give him their pledge of allegience.

[Shaykh Muhammad al-Jibaly]
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#62 [Permalink] Posted on 29th December 2012 10:13
Hadrat Katheer رحمه الله narrates that a man once came to Hadrat Ali رضي الله عنه saying, "You are the best of people."

Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه enquired, "Have you seen the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم?"

When the man replied that he had not, Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه asked further, "Have you then seen Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه?"

"No," came the reply.

Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه then said, "Take note of this! Had you mentioned that you had seen the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم, I would have had you executed. And had you mentioned that you had seen Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه and Umar رضي الله عنه, I would have had you lashed (for slander)."

[Hayatus Sahabah رضي الله عنهم, vol 2, p482]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#63 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2013 09:47
Hadrat Alqamah رحمه الله reports that Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه once delivered a lecture to them. After duly praising Allah سبحانه و تعالى, he said,

"The news has reached me that some people regard me to be superior to Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه and 'Umar رضي الله عنه. Had I warned against this previously, I would have certainly given punishment for it. However, I dislike meting punishment out for something I have not warned against. Now after this proclamation of mine if anyone says anthing like this, he will be regarded as a slanderer and shall so be punished as one. The best of all people after the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم is Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه and then 'Umar رضي الله عنه."

[Ibn Aasim, Ibn Shaheen, La'alkaai, Isbahaani and Ibn Asaakir; Hayatus Sahaabah رضي الله عنهم, vol 2]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#64 [Permalink] Posted on 6th January 2013 15:54
Sayyiduna 'Ali رضي الله عنه said:

"The person with the greatest rewards with regards to the compilation of the mus-haf is Abu Bakr. May Allaah's Mercy be upon Abu Bakr, he was the first person to compile the Book of Allaah."

[al-Qattan: Mabahith fi 'Uloom al-Qur'aan]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#65 [Permalink] Posted on 7th January 2013 10:34
A Historic Lecture of Hadrat Ali رضي الله عنه Concerning the Superiority of Hadrat Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه and Hadrat Umar رضي الله عنه

Hadrat Suwayd Ibn Ghaflah رحمه الله narrates that he once passed by a group of people who were degrading the status of Hadrat Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه and Hadrat 'Umar رضي الله عنه. When he reported this to Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه, he said, "May Allaah curse those who harbour anything besides good towards the two illustrious men! They were the brothers and extremely close companions of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم."

Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه then mounted the pulpit and delivered an eloquent lecture in which he said:

"What is the matter with some people who speak about the two leaders of the Quraysh and the two fathers of the Muslims in a manner that I would never. I absolve myself from what they say and I shall punish for it. I swear by the Being Who splits the seed and Who creates the soul that it is only Allaah-fearing Mu'mineen who love these two men, and only the sinful outcast who dislikes them.

They were both true and loyal companions of the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم who enjoined good, forbade evil, punished criminals and never trespassed the ways of the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم in any matter. The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم never valued any opinion as he did theirs and did not love anyone as much as he loved them.

The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم passed through this world well pleased with them and the people were also just as pleased. Abu Bakr was apointed by the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم to lead the prayer and when the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم passed away, the Muslims entrusted the task of leading the prayer with him and also handed over their Zakah to him, because these two (Salah and Zakah) are always coupled (mentioned together in the Qur'an).

I was the first from amongst the progeny of 'Abdul Muttalib to nominate him (as Khaleefah). He, however, did not like to assume the post and wanted one of us to rather fill it for him. By Allaah! He was the best of those left after the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم, the most compassionate of them, the kindest, the wisest in his piety and the first to accept Islaam. The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم likened him to (the noble angel) Mikaa'eel عليه السلام in his kindness and mercy and to (the noble Prophet) Ibraheem عليه السلام in his forgiving nature and reputation. He walked the path of the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم until he passed away. May Allaah سبحانه و تعالى shower His mercy upon him."

Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه continued, "With consultation from the people, Abu Bakr appointed 'Umar Ibn al-Khattaab as his successor. While some people disapproved and others approved, I was amongst those who approved. By Allaah! Before he left this world, 'Umar won the approval of all of those who had disapproved (of his appointment). He managed affairs in the manner that the Messenger of Allaah and his companion (Hadrat Abu Bakr) managed affairs, and he followed in their footsteps just as a foal follows in the footsteps of his mother.

By Allaah! He was the best of all of those who remained (after Hadrat Bakr). He was compassionate and merciful and helped the oppressed against the oppressor. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى brought the truth on his tongue to the extent that we actually thought that an angel spoke with his tongue. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى strengthened Islaam by his entering its fold and his migration was a bolster for the Deen.

While Allaah سبحانه و تعالى filled the hearts of the Mu'mineen (believers) with love for him, Allaah also filled the hearts of the Munafiqeen (hypocrites) with fear for him. The Messenger of Allaah likened him to (the noble Angel) Jibraa'eel عليه السلام in his sterness and austerity towards the enemies, and to (the noble Prophet) Nooh عليه السلام in his admonishment and frustration towards the Kuffaar (disbelievers).

Which of you can compare to the two of them? Their heights cannot be reached without having love for them and following in their footsteps. Whoever loves them loves me. On the other hand, whoever dislikes them dislikes me, and I am absolved of such a person. Had I warned against reviling the two of them previously, I would have certainly given the most severe punishment for it. Now after this proclamation of mine, if anyone says anything like this, he will be punished as a slanderer is punished.

Take note! The best person of this Ummah after its Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, is Abu Bakr and then Umar. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى knows best where the best person after them is. I have now made myself clear and seek Allaah's pardon for myself and on your behalf."

[Khaythamah, La'alkaa'i, Abu Hasan Baghdadi, Shirazi, Ibn Mandah and Ibn Asaakir, as quoted in Muntakhab Kanzul Ummal, vol 4, p446; Hayaatus Sahaabah رضي الله عنهم, vol 2, pp 483-484]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#66 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2013 09:21
The Incident Between Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه and another Person Concerning Hadrat 'Uthmaan رضي الله عنه

Hadrat Abu Is-haaq رحمه الله reports that a man once came to Hadrat Ali رضي الله عنه and said, "Uthman (رضي الله عنه) is in Jahannam." Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه enquired, "What makes you say this?" The man replied, "Because he had started many new practises."

Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه said to the man, "Tell me, if you had a daughter, would you marry her without consultation?" When the man said that he would not, Hadrat Ali رضي الله عنه continued, "Do you think that there could be an opinion better than the opinion the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم had concerning (the marriage of) his two daughters? Now tell me this about the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم. Whenever he intended to do something, would he or would he not ask Allah سبحانه و تعالى for the best course to take?"

The man replied, "Of course. The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم would certainly ask Allah سبحانه و تعالى for the best course to take."

Questioning the man further, Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه said, "Would Allah سبحانه و تعالى then choose the best course for the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم or not?"

"Indeed," the man responded, "Allah سبحانه و تعالى would definitely choose the best course for the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم."

Hadrat 'Ali رضي الله عنه then said, "Now tell me this about the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم. Did Allah سبحانه و تعالى select Uthman رضي الله عنه to marry the (two) daughters of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم? I have thought about having you executed, but Allah سبحانه و تعالى has decided otherwise. Remember this well! I swear by Allah that should you ever say anything else (other than what I have explained to you), I shall have you executed!"

[Ibn Asaakir, as quoted in Muntakhab Kanzul Ummal, vol 5, p 18; Hayaatus Sahaabah رضي الله عنهم, vol 2, p 484]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#67 [Permalink] Posted on 28th January 2013 09:24
Imam Abu Hanifa رحمه الله said,

"We do not mention any of the Companions رضي الله عنهم of the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم, except in a good manner."

[al-Fiqh al-Akbar]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#68 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2013 08:52
Imam Abu Hanifa رحمه الله also said,

"And we do not disown any one of the Companions رضي الله عنهم of the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم, nor do we have allegiance to one of them at the expense of others."

[al-Fiqh al-Akbar]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#69 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2013 09:12
Shaykh Muhammad Amaan Ibn 'Alee al-Jaamee رحمه الله said,

"Imaam Maalik رحمه الله said, 'If a person is in a land in which the pious predecessors (Salaf as-Saalih) are reviled, and he is not able to prevent them, it is obligatory to make Hijrah from that place.'

This means that if a Muslim is afflicted with living amongst the enemies of the Companions رضي الله عنهم of Allaah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم, and the Taabi'een رضي الله عنهم, and they revile them out loud, and he is not able to oppose them or prevent them, it is not permissible for him to remain there with them. Rather, he is obligated to depart and migrate from that place to another place."

[Sharh Thalaathatul-Usool]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#70 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2013 08:51
Fudayl Ibn 'Iyaad رحمه الله said,

"Indeed, I love those whom Allaah سبحانه و تعالى loves. They are those from whom the Companions رضي الله عنهم of the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم are safe. And I hate those whom Allaah سبحانه و تعالى hates. They are the people of deviant sects and innovations."

[al-Hilyah, 8/103]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#71 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2013 09:07
One day, Haroon ar-Rasheed (رحمه الله) took the hand of Imam Malik (رحمه الله) and they proceeded to the grave of Nabi (صلى الله عليه وسلم). When they arrived, he asked Imam Malik (رحمه الله), "Inform me about the status of Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) and 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) in relation to Nabi (صلى الله عليه وسلم)."

Imam Malik (رحمه الله) replied, "Their proximity to him while he lived, is the same as their proximity to him after his demise."
[Tartibul Madarik, vol 2, p 19; 100 Qissah Wa Qissah Min Hayat al-Imam Malik رحمه الله, p 27]

Truly blessed are the two (رضي الله عنهما) who lie beside the greatest of creation (صلى الله عليه وسلم)! [Pearls from the Path, Volume 3]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#72 [Permalink] Posted on 4th February 2013 09:18
Imam Abu Haneefa رحمه الله used to say,

"The stay of one of them with the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم for just one hour, is better than the righteous actions of one of us done throughout his entire liftime, however long it may be."

[Manaaqib Abi Haneefa رحمه الله]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#73 [Permalink] Posted on 5th February 2013 08:51
And he said رحمه الله,

"And we affirm that the most virtuous people after our Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, are: Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq, then 'Umar, then 'Uthmaan, then 'Alee, may Allah bestow His mercy upon all of them."

[al-Wasiyyah]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#74 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2013 09:12
And he said رحمه الله:

"The most virtuous of the people after the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم are: Abu Bakr, 'Umar, 'Uthman, and 'Ali رضي الله عنهم. And we refrain from mentioning any of the Companions رضي الله عنهم of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم except in a favourable way."

[an-Noorul-Laami']
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#75 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2013 09:16
Imam Malik رحمه الله was asked, "Who is the best of the people after the Messenger of Allah?"

He replied, "Abu Bakr." رضي الله عنه

"Then who?"

Imam Malik رحمه الله replied, "Then 'Umar." رضي الله عنه

"Then who?"

The Imam رحمه الله replied, "The Caliph who was killed oppressively, 'Uthman." رضي الله عنه

[Tarteebul Madaarik]
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?