Topic Appreciation
ummi taalib, Taalibah, zy, Taqwah, queenie
Rank Image
London
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2007 15:26

Ever wondered why honey is so sweet

Qisas.com

One day, Prophet Muhammad was on his way to jihad with his Companions and after choosing a spot, he said to them "Eat whatever you want to eat here".

As they were about to commence eating, one of the Companions (radi Allah unhu) said: "Ya RasullAllah! There is nothing else to eat with bread".

Then the Companion saw a honey bee zapping noisily nearby and asked the Prophet "Why is this honey bee making such a noise?

The Prophet replied "This bee is saying that all its fellow bees are uneasy because the Companions haven't got anything to eat with bread. Even though the bees have a honey comb nearby in the cave but cannot bring it to the Companions"

The Prophet then stated "My beloved Ali (radi Allah unhu) Follow this bee and bring the honey" Hence, Ali (radi Allah unhu) followed and returned with a bowl of honey which the Companions ate. As soon as they finished eating the bee returned again zapping about noisily.

One of the Companions (radi Allah unhu) enquired "Ya RasulAllah! Why is the bee making noises again?"

The Prophet replied "I have asked this bee a question and it is merely answering it. I asked the honey bee about what its food is and its answer is that its food is the flowers in the hills and the forests". The Prophet continued "I then asked the bee that flowers are also sour, bitter and unpleasant in taste. Then how come in your mouth (the bees mouth) they transform into a crystal clean and impeccably sweet honey?"

The bee then replied "Ya RasulAllah! Amongst our species, there lives a rich Queen. When we suck the juices of the flowers then our Queen sends her salah and darood sharif (blessings, salutations, honours and graces) to YOU (the Prophet )! And then all the other bees join in sending our darood to you hence all the sourness, bitterness and unpleasantness from the juices of flowers changes into a most sweet syrup and its because of the rewards from Allah of sending darood to you that this syrup transforms into the perfect honey (which besides death can cure any disease as Allah says in the Quran!)"

If by reciting darood all the bitterness from the juices of flowers can change into a beautifully sweet syrup of honey, then by reciting darood our sins can also be transformed into hasanah (good deeds). Ameen.

Narrated by: Maqasid Al-Salkain

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd May 2007 17:00
that was so beautiful, jazakillah for sharing it. i will never look at bee's in the same light. Allah سبحانه وتعالى 's creation is certainly amazing, even more amazing when valuable narrations such as the above are shared.
No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2007 12:18
Really appreciate this. Jazakillah Bint Mohammed.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2007 13:29
Jazakallah. May Allah reward your efforts.
No post ratings
Rank Image
uae
Unspecified
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2008 05:42
this is so beautiful - never realised the since untill today !
thks for sharing !
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2008 17:29
asalamualikum.w.w.
bint muhammad where did you read this story? would like to write an article regarding honey but everything needs to be authentic.
jazakallah

wasalaam
taqwah
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 12th December 2008 11:08

Walaykum Salaam

Taqwah, it seems as if I cannot post the exact link to the site where I got the article from.

It's probably my computer and not the site that's the problem.

Ill just direct you to the site:

Go to Qisas.com & in the search field type Honey then the article is the second one there.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Hope this helps.

All the best with your article on honey.

Wasalaam

No post ratings
UK
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 13th December 2008 02:53
Salam,

It's also blocking me from posting the link. I will look into this security measure as it may not be required anymore.

Wassalam
No post ratings
Rank Image
Islamabad
Unspecified
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2009 11:45
what a beautiful article it was. so amazing and telling the beauty of our beloved Prophet S.A.W. may b we all got hadayat ameen.
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?