Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Abu Bakr Al Sideeq: 'What have you left for your family?'

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 26th January 2006 12:31
It was at the time when The Byzantines were planning to wipe out the Muslims and the Prophet (pbuh) was depending on the help of Allah and the donations and sacrifices of the Muslims to assemble and equip an army to resist their aggression. True believers in Allah and his Messenger were eager to do all they could. Umar ibn Al Khattab was one of these. He gathered up an amount of goods he was able to give from his household.

On his way to the Blessed Prophet's house he spied Abu Bakr headed in the same direction. Abu Bakr didn't seem to be carrying much, as far as Umar could see...

'Praise Allah, for once I shall be better than Abu Bakr! For once I'll surpass him in doing the will of Allah and obeying Allah's Messenger.' Umar was feeling very elated and very happy with himself as he entered the Prophet's house (pbuh).

'This is my humble offering in response to your appeal' said Umar as he staggered forward with his load. 'You are free to use it in any way for the sake of Allah.'

'And what have you left behind for yourself and your family?' asked the Prophet (pbuh) who was pleased that Umar had brought so much but was concerned that Umar's family might be left with too little.

'They have as much as I have brought you. I divided everything up: half to the family, and half to the cause of Allah.'

Now up stepped Abu Bakr. He placed the small amount he had brought before the Prophet (pbuh) who asked him the same question he had asked Umar. At this Abu Bakr said 'They will be well taken care of, I have left behind for them Allah and His Messenger.' Once again Abu Bakr had shown his spirit of self-sacrifice and trust in Allah and the Prophet (pbuh).
Umar nodded laughingly 'I cannot beat Abu Bakr at any righteous deed. Once again he has proved to be a better man than I am. There is no limit to his devotion and obedience to Allah and the Prophet.'
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2006 15:52
thanks bro that was a good story may Allah سبحانه وتعالى thank u
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 10th February 2006 23:24
As salamu alaikum,

Very nice reminder - Jazakllah. PS Brother Yusuf, from the ID, she's not a bro but a muslimah!

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?