Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Hadeeth thread

Jump to page:

You have contributed 3.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
ayesha786, LoveDeen, sarah, Taqwah, AEESHA, rujie, Umm Zahra, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, Taalibah, abunooh, Maria al-Qibtiyya, bint e aisha
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#241 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 20:39

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

That he heard Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) saying, "Allah willed to test three Israelis who were a Leper, a blind man and a bald-headed man.

So, he sent them an angel who came to the leper and said, 'What thing do you like most?' He replied, "Good color and good skin, for
the people have a strong aversion to me.'

The angel touched him and his illness was cured, and he was given a good color and beautiful skin. The angel asked him, 'What kind of property do you like best?' He replied, 'Camels (or cows).' (The narrator is in doubt, for either the leper or the
bald-headed man demanded camels and the other demanded cows.)

So he (i.e. the leper) was given a pregnant she-camel, and the angel said (to him), 'May Allah bless you in it.'

The angel then went to the bald-headed man and said, 'What thing do you like most?' He said, 'I like good hair and wish to be cured of this disease, for the people feel repulsion for me.'

The angel touched him and his illness was cured, and he was given good hair. The angel asked (him), 'What kind of property do you like best?' He replied, 'Cows.' The angel gave him a pregnant cow and said, 'May Allah bless you in it.'

The angel went to the blind man and asked, 'What thing do you like best?' He said, '(I like) that Allah may restore my eye-sight to me so that I may
see the people.'

The angel touched his eyes and Allah gave him back his eye-sight. The angel asked him, "What kind of property do you like best?' He replied, 'Sheep.' The angel gave him a pregnant sheep.

Afterwards, all the three pregnant animals gave birth to young ones, and multiplied and brought forth so much that one of the (three) men had a herd of camels filling a valley, and one had a herd of cows filling a valley, and one had a flock of sheep filling a valley.

Then the angel, disguised in the shape and appearance of a leper, went to the leper and said, 'I am a poor man, who has lost all means of livelihood while on a journey. So none
will satisfy my need except Allah and then you. In the Name of Him Who has given you such nice color and beautiful skin, and so much property, I ask you to give me a camel so that I may reach my destination.'

The man replied, 'I have many obligations (so I cannot give you).' The angel said, 'I think I know you; were you not a leper to whom the people had a strong aversion? Weren't you a poor man, and then Allah gave you (all this property).'

He replied, '(This is all wrong), I got this property through inheritance from my fore-fathers.' The angel said, 'If you are telling a lie, then let Allah make you as you were before.'

Then the angel, disguised in the shape and appearance of a bald man, went
to the bald man and said to him the same as he told the first one, and he too answered the same as the first one did. The angel said, 'If you are
telling a lie, then let Allah make you as you were before.'

The angel, disguised in the shape of a blind man, went to the blind man and said, 'I am a poor man and a traveler, whose means of livelihood have been exhausted while on a journey.

I have nobody to help me except Allah, and after Him, you yourself. I ask you in the Name of Him Who has given you back your eye-sight to give me a sheep, so that with its help, I may
complete my journey.'

The man said, 'No doubt, I was blind and Allah gave me back my eye-sight; I was poor and Allah made me rich; so take anything you wish from my property.

By Allah, I will not stop you for taking anything (you need) of my property which you may take for Allah's sake.'

The angel replied, 'Keep your property with you. You (i.e 3 men) have been tested and Allah is pleased with you and is angry with your two
companions.'

Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 670
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#242 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 20:46
The Prophet (saw) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Abu Dawud Book 41, Hadith 4782)
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#243 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 20:49
It was narrated that Usaamah ibn Zayd (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever has a favour done for him and says to the one who did it, 'Jazak Allaahu khayran,' has done enough to thank him."

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1958) and by al-Nasaa'i in al-Sunan al-Kubra (6/53)

What is meant by the phrase "Jazaak Allaahu khayran (May Allaah reward with you good)" is asking Allaah to reward you with a great deal of good, that will bring you happiness in this world and in the Hereafter.
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#244 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 20:49
Narrated by Aisha رضي الله عنه

The Prophet (saw) made this dua in my house: O Allah! Whosoever is placed in authority over my Ummah and is harsh with them,You be harsh on him;and whoever is authority over my Ummah is kind to them, You be kind on him. (Muslim)
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#245 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 20:51

Kaab Ibn Ujrah (Radi Allah Anhu) relates
that Rasulullah (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) said,
'Come near to the mimbar' and we came near the mimbar.
When He (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) climbed the first step of the mimbar,
He (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassalla) said "Aameen",
When He (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) ascended the second step,
He (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) said "Aameen",
When He (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) climbed the third step,
He (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) said "Aameen"
When He (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam) came down,

We said
"O Rasool of Allah (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam),
we have heard from you today something which we never heard before"

He (Sallallaho Alaihi wasallam) said,

When I climbed the first step,
the angel Jibraeel (A.S.) appeared before me and said,
"Destruction to him who found
the blessed month of Ramdhan and let it pass by
without gaining forgiveness."
upon that I said 'Aameen'.

When I climbed the second step, he said,
"Destruction to him before whom your name is taken
and then he does not make Dua of Allah's blessing for you."
(by saying, for example Sallallaho Alaihi wasallam)."
I replied 'Aameen'.

When I climbed the third step, he said
"Destruction unto him in whose lifetime
his parents or either one of them reaches old age,
and (through failure to serve them)
he is not allowed to enter Jannah".
I said 'Aameen'.

[Hakim, Baihaqi]
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#246 [Permalink] Posted on 5th December 2013 20:54
Anas ibn Malik (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, "He who sends blessings on me once Allah sends blessings on him ten times and removes from him ten sins and raises him by ten degrees." [al-Nasa'i].
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#247 [Permalink] Posted on 6th December 2013 06:11
Abu Talha (radi Allahu anhu) narrates that he once entered the Court of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and noticed that the Habeeb of Almighty Allah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) was in a state of great joy and happiness. When he inquired as to the reason for this, Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) replied that, "Why should I not be happy and joyous? At this very moment Sayyiduna Jibra'el Ameen (alaihis salaam) has brought me a message. Almighty Allah has declared, 'O Muhammad! Are you not pleased with this, that if any of your followers sends a single Durood upon you, I and My Angels (Malaa'ikah) send ten blessings upon that person, ten of his sins are pardoned and ten good deeds are recorded in his favour. He who sends Salaams upon you, I send Salaams upon him, so therefore, notify your Ummah of this good news and tell them that it is now left to them to either increase or decrease the recital of the Durood Shareef'". (Nisaai)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#248 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2013 17:18
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said:

Allah (glorified and exalted be He) said:
I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me.
It was related by Muslim (also by Ibn Majah).
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#249 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2013 17:22
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said:

Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:
Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade.
It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik).
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#250 [Permalink] Posted on 10th December 2013 17:24

The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said:
Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled.
It was related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#251 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2013 21:10
"The Salaah which is performed after having used Miswak is 70 times more (in reward) than that Salaah that has been performed without using the Miswaak before it."
(Bukhari)
+2 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#252 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2013 21:11
"None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself" [Al-Bukhari]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#253 [Permalink] Posted on 11th December 2013 21:14
"Fear Allah wherever you are, do good deeds after doing bad ones, the former will wipe out the latter, and behave decently towards people"
[Tirmidhi]
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#254 [Permalink] Posted on 12th December 2013 08:45
Narrated Abu Huraira رضي الله عنه

Allah's Apostle (saw) stood up for the prayer and we too stood up along with him. Then a bedouin shouted while offering prayer. "O Allah! Bestow Your mercy on me and Muhammad only and do not bestow it on anybody else along with us." When the Prophet (saw) had finished his prayer with Taslim, he said to the Bedouin, "You have limited (narrowed) a very vast (thing)," meaning Allah's mercy.

(Sahih Bukhari)
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#255 [Permalink] Posted on 12th December 2013 08:46
Narrated Abu Huraira رضي الله عنه

Allah's Apostle (SallAllaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, "Our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: "Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?"

(Sahih Bukhari)
+3 -0Like x 3

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the green shape ('box' is not a shape)?