Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Going in the Path of Allah: Misconception Removed

You have contributed 35.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 11:13
Quote:
The effort of Tabligh could be included in the general term في سبيل الله.

Jazakallah for that fatwah.

Ghuloo in a few can't be ignored.

A few quote the ahadith of Salatul Ishraq or looking at one's parents and gain the thawab of haj or umrah. They should stop here. But the stretch beyond this, they say in urdu, "hindi ki chindi karna", and start their own sharah of hadith. This is discouraged by seniors of tabligh.

Mufti Mahmoodul hasan Gangohi RA, Mol Manzoor Nomani RA, Shaykh Zakariyah RA, Mol Yusuf Ludhyanvi RA and in latest Shaykh Abu Bakr Al-Jazairi RA have approved to use the ahadeeth on fazail of JJehhaad for spending time in tabligh.

But like I earlier I have explained earlier, no one shall compare the physical injuries and threat to life with khurooj of tabligh. Tiger is a Tiger. "Like a tiger" has its own meaning.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 12:11
Jazākumullāhu khairan to Darul Iftā for the recent clarifications. The English speaking Muslim community (especially those who adhere to hanafi fiqh) have benefitted greatly from their online website and are in need of it.

We ask Allāh Ta'ālā to keep us connected to 'Ulamā al-haqq and never deprive us of their suhbah (companionship). Amīn.

Request the moderators to delete my posts on the first page of this thread. Jazākumullāhu khairan
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 13:27
Guest-272431 wrote:
View original post

I was going to make a similar expression stating that, just because a person removes dirt from the path, he can't claim all the rewards of having Imaan - its simply the lowest level of Imaan. However, I stopped short and locked the thread.

Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

Posts cannot be deleted. Better to leave as they are. Jzk
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 13:33
Just to clarify some other misconceptions on the work of da'wah and tablīgh.

Question on those involved in the work do not give da'wah to non Muslims, therefore the virtues of giving da'wah do not apply to them.

Firstly, a Muslim (especially those in need) is أولى (more entitled) to receive da'wah than a non Muslim. This is based on the Tafsîr of the beginning of sūrah al-Abas as well as other āyāt in the Qur'ān.

Secondly, there are two kinds of da'wah.
Da'wah to islām and da'wah to īmān. The da'wah in order for one to become a Muslim is short (testification to the kalimah shahādah, kalimah mufassal, arkān of islām and the like).

The da'wah of īmān and Ihsān in order to become a Mu'minîn and a muhsin however, is much greater, as it's mentioned in the sahīh hadīth that īmān has more than seventy branches. And regarding ihsān; worshipping Allāh Ta'ālā as if you see Him...obviously requires greater effort.
That's why from the Sunnah, the du'ā after adhān is: اللهم رب هذه الدعوة التامة. O Allāh, the Rabb of this complete da'wah. It's known that the adhān is for Muslims and not for non Muslims.

Thirdly, da'wah to non Muslims is not limited to (directly) talking to them by the tongue, media etc. Rather, great forms of dawah to non Muslims as explained by Ulamā, are through other actions as well. For example:

Ta'lim and Ta'allum. Umar radhiyalāhu 'anhu became Muslim due to his sister and husband having ta'lim inside their house.

Ibādāt. Hind and others in Makkah became Muslim when they saw the sahābah radhiyallāhu 'anhum sincerely making Ibādāt in the haram after the conquest of Makkah.

Khidmah. When Rasulullāh Salallāhu 'alaihi wa sallam gave a whole valley of goats to a mushrik who, thereafter became Muslim. He Salallāhu'alaihi wa sallam forgiving the mushrikīn after the conquest of Makkah and thereafter they becoming Muslim. Other examples are numerous.

It is due to these methods that many non Muslims have embraced Islam. Those in the work of da'wah and tablīgh are advised to give preference to the above methods and not publicize their a'mâl so normally, the general public wouldn't know about their contributions.

Take heed to the observation of Imām Ibn Jawzī rahimahullāh in this regard.

Ibn al-Jawzi makes this remarkable entry in his book, ‘Sayd al-Khatir’:

“I met many scholars whose circumstances and depths of knowledge were very different. I found the most beneficial of them to be the one who acted upon his knowledge even if others were more knowledgeable than him.

I met a group of people from the scholars of hadith who memorised and knew narrations but they used to permit backbiting under the guise of Jarh and Ta’dil (critique of narrators), and they used to charge money for the narration of hadith. They would also hasten to answer questions even if that made them fall into error, because they feared losing status (in the eyes of people).

I met ‘Abd al-Wahhab al-Anmati and he was upon the manner of the predecessors. No backbiting was heard in his gathering and he never sought a wage for listening (and narrating) hadith. If I read a heart-softening narration to him, he would cry profusely. It used to affect my heart and built it up, and I was very young at the time. He was just like those scholars whose descriptions we’ve heard about from (classical) texts.

I met Shaykh Abu Mansur al-Jawaliqi; he was known for his increased periods of silence, his extreme caution over what he said, and his precision and authenticity (in knowledge). Perhaps he would be asked a question and the answer was clear to even children, but he would hold back until he was certain (of its correctness). He used to fast a lot and observed silence a lot.
So I benefited from these two men more than I benefited from others. I came to understand that guiding people by one’s actions is greater and more inspiring than guiding them by just words. I saw scholars whose moments of seclusion was mere joking and play so they turned hearts towards this and the knowledge they had gathered was thus ruined. The people did not benefit from them in their life except a little, and after their death, they were forgotten and hardly anyone looked to their works and writings.

So fear Allah when it comes to acting upon knowledge for it is the greatest of foundations. The impoverished one is truly the only who wastes his life in seeking knowledge that he does not act upon and so he misses out on both the delight of this world and the goodness of the Hereafter, so he goes forth (into the Hereafter) as a bankrupt one burdened with evidences against him.”

Lastly, Maulānā Umar Palumpūri rahimahullāh said:

Da'wah (in sequence of priority) is in 10 parts.

4 for one's own self
3 for one's family
2 for the general Muslims and
1 for the non Muslims.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 14:07
I've probably mentioned this before, but anyway...

When in Hajj, we met an ameer of an area from UK, he was walking briskly near the Haram. His son was with me at the time, we asked where he was going and said he was "In the path of Allah doing ghusht" then he reminded us of the reward of a spec of dust touching him whilst in the path of Allah (that it would be Haram for the fire of jahannam to touch that area where the dust touches).

Upon hearing this, the son rolled his sleeves up, rolled his trousers up-to his knees and made intention of ghusht and walked through the dusty streets of Misfillah, looking for somewhere to eat.

Its actions and interpretations like these that really get the nerve ticking.
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 14:16
Answering the objection that those in the work of da'wah and tablīgh do not do نهي عن المنكر (forbidding evil) therefore, its virtues do not apply to them.

The Ulamā and Mashā'ikh in the work of da'wah and tablīgh advise that forbidding evil in normal circumstances be done according these fiqhi principles:

الأمر بالشيء نهي عن ضده

Commanding a certain thing prevents its opposite.

Example: When Rasulullāh Salallāhu'alaihi sallam saw a man eating with his left hand. So he said, "Eat with your right hand." He did not say, "don't eat with your left hand." Had that person began eating with his right hand, it would have stopped him from eating with his left.

Secondly, they advise to forbid evil through Mudārāt (circumvention).

The difference between circumvention and deception

Hāfidh Ibn Hajar rahimahullāh says:

The difference between circumvention (Mudārāt) and deception (Mudāhanah) is that circumvention entails lowering your wing for people, being kind to an ignorant person when teaching him, being kind to and open sinner when stopping him from his evil action, abstaining from being stern to him so that what he is doing is not exposed, reprimanding him through subtle words and actions - especially so when you are trying to win him over. This type of circumvention is from among the characteristics of believers and is recommended.

As for Mudāhanah or deception - it refers to a person exposing something while concealing its internal meaning. This includes continuing contact with an open sinner and expressing your pleasure at what he is doing without reprimanding him. This is unlawful and prohibited.

Fathul Bāri, volume 10, page 428

Reform of the Reformers

Another easily achieved thing that will make commanding good and forbidding evil easier is the beautiful character and manners of the reformers themselves. We have elaborated on this point elsewhere in this book, however since the subject has arisen we will make mention of a particular mistake seen in many callers of today. Imam Ibn Jawzi categorize it as the deception of Shaitan of these well-wishers, namely the gloating over others misdeeds and pouring one's scorn upon these unfortunates in front of others. He writes:

And from the Devil's deception upon the reformer is that if he stops an evil he sits in a gathering and details what he did. He boasts and pours scorn upon the wicked. He sends curses upon them even though those people could have repented and may even be better than him due to their remorse and his pride. His speech includes exposing the faults of Muslims because he informs others of what they did not know; however concealing the sins of a Muslim was obligatory - as much as possible. I have heard of a certain man ignorant of how to forbid evil that he storms in upon those he is sure have something. He beats them violently and breaks their bottles, all of which is the consequence of ignorance. As for the one possessing knowledge, you are safe from him.

In forbidding evil the pious predecessors would (almost) forbid without even others noticing. The saint Salih Ibn Ashyam once saw a man beating his wife and said: "Allah sees both of you, may He hide our sins and yours." Once he passed by some people fooling around so he spoke to them saying: "My brothers what do you think of a person who seeks to take a long journey but sleeps through the night and plays through the day time, when will he cover the distance?" One of them realized what he was saying and said: "O people indeed he is counseling us." That man consequently repented and went with him. 41

"Allah sees both of you. May He hide our sins and yours"

The subtlety in these words of the saint is that he alerted the wrong doers to the presence of Allah and His fear without making the irate man his ostensible target as this would only make him react more violently. Secondly, the second part of his statement alerted him that he was sinning by hurting his wife. But note he purposely avoided squarely accusing him of being sinful as that would only lead the irate man retaliating. He achieved this by firstly keeping his address general, he employed the plural pronoun. Secondly, he avoided stating what the sin was and who was committing it. Thirdly, he further made his statement more palatable for the irate man as he cleverly ascribed sinning to his own self. The end result was that the irate man was unable to find a justification to unleash his anger on the saint. But through this nimble Da'wah the saint achieved two lofty aims, which can be difficult to achieve at the best of times, namely he stopped a great evil and gave the wrong doer counsel to rectitude.

41 Ibn Al-Jawzi, Tablis Iblis, page. 183 taken from Mufti Muhammad Sajjad's book, The Fiqh of Da'wah

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 14:26
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Previous Ulamā did not have a problem when Īmām Bukhāri rahimahullāh used Ahādīth like that for the virtues of jumu'ah salāh. So, why do you?

Use of The Term “Fee Sabeelillah” (In the Way of Allah)

It also becomes apparent from this, that whatever endeavour takes place to spread salaah will be counted from amongst the greatest Jihaads. Imam Bukhari (Rahmatullahi AlayhI) mentions in his Hadeeth collection under walking to Jumu’ah (Friday Prayers) in “Baab Mashee ee’lul jum’uah…”:

“Man Aghbarat Qadamahu fee sabeelillahi Harrammallahu ala’naar”

“Whoevers feet are covered in dust in the way of Allah (fee sabeelillah), Allah makes forbidden the fire of hell upon him.”

If Imaam Bukhari can utilise this hadeeth for walking to the Friday prayer, and make an extraction from this Hadeeth for walking to Jum’uah salah, why do people wish to object against the preachers of Tableegh for using this Hadeeth for walking in the path to serve the cause of raising the Kalimah of Allah (azza wa jal)??

Excerpt of letter from Shaikhul Hadīth, Maulānā Muhammad Zakariyyā Kandhlāwi rahimahullāh.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 14:39
Sulaiman84 wrote:
View original post

abu mohammed wrote:
Upon hearing this, the son rolled his sleeves up, rolled his trousers up-to his knees and made intention of ghusht and walked through the dusty streets of Misfillah, looking for somewhere to eat

Actions are judged by intentions, so each man will have what he intended. I don't have a problem with Imam Bukhari's usage of Hadith at the correct time with the correct intention!
"abu mohammed wrote:
Its about the over exaggeration of laypeople

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 14:46
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Ah, I didn't read that part about looking for food when you first posted it. Sorry about that. You're correct.
+2 -0Like x 2
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 14:47
Hmmm i actually read the beginning of your post and liked it, then i read abit more and thought hiw does this much ghuloo cime into a person?? If dawah to non Muslims can be done via our actions then the sane can be said for muslims, lets just do amal and not give dawah to muslims aswell?? Umar becoming muslim was due to many reasons - dua of Nabi SAW, hearing reading n pondering of the quran and so on, so hiw did you just restrict it??
Dawah to ihsan?? Wheres that come from, just because ihsaan is mentioned where did dawah to ihsan come from, the quraan ayat you stated beforw says the one who calls to ALLAH,
Agree with most of the rest of your post however
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 14:59
Guest-104588 wrote:
View original post

It would be restricted if the word, 'only' was used. Otherwise it's known that Nabi Salallāhu'alaihi wa sallam made special du'ā (guess what? Du'ā is another form of da'wah) for the hidāyah of Umar radhiyalāhu'anhu .

Simple example in giving da'wah towards ihsān. Encouragement in making salāh with concentration and devotion. Other examples are plenty.

Nowhere in my above post have I said 'not' to give da'wah by the tongue to non Muslims. The explanation was about different methods and priority.
+1 -0Like x 1
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 15:09

Ta'lim and Ta'allum. Umar radhiyalāhu 'anhu became Muslim due to his sister and husband having ta'lim inside their house.
Seems restricted to me
No post ratings
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 15:11
Ok so dawah calling someobe to prayer with concentration is greater than calling someone to islaam and saving them from hellfire forever???
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 15:15
Lemme know when you stop making straw man arguments. :-)

A neglector of Salāh and one careless in Salāh may have to go to Jahannam, too.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2016 15:22
Go for it, moderator sāhib. :-) My mail doesn't open
+1 -0Like x 1