Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

"Sinner" Caliphs of Yesterday

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Jinn, Arslan., Taalibah, Naqshband66, xs11ax, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, kanzoorbhai, samy.3660, Yasin, AishaZaynap, abuzayd2k
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 00:07
. In the late 18th century/beginning of the 19th century a French poet and play writer wrote an anti-Islamic play called ?Mahomet? defaming the prophet (SAW) which the French decided to stage. News of this outraged the Caliph Sultan Abdul Hamid 2 who responded by threatening France with military action resulting in the play being banned immediately.

Britain who was the Superpower of the time sternly decided to continue the play and sold tickets of the same play and opposed to end it. Caliph Abdul Hamid 2 threatened Britain by saying ?I will issue an edict to the Islamic Ummah declaring that Britain is attacking and insulting our Prophet. I will declare Jihad!? Upon receiving this threat the play was stopped by Britain immediately. One has to appreciate that the state was at a decline and was not as powerful but Britain still feared that this would rally the Muslims and they would direct their forces at Britain with all their might, thus Britain very wisely called for the ending of the play.

I wish we had a sultan like Abdul hamed 2 ( HA) today instead of these so-called Muslim leaders who can't and will not defend the ummat or the honor of Islam or rasullullah ( sallaahualaihiwassalaam ). brother muadh has my vote on this topic.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 2Agree x 2
UK
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 12:12
Now all these 'leaders' can do is block YouTube in their region in defence of Islam. Not a word can be said with any authority to the guilty
+6 -0Like x 3Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 13:05
Yasin wrote:
View original post

And when a word is spoken by someone, they are branded as being "harsh" or going "against hikmah".

May Allah reform this ummah and its leaders. Ameen.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 13:47
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Dear respected admin plz dont understand me wrong but blocking Youtube is not going to change anything. People can still access to it by using a diffent website to go to Youtube or simply change IP adress.
Once they blocked Youtube in Turkey for a political reason i cant remember and what happened was people went to diffent sites to access to Youtube. Let admit Youtube has become part of our lives, what i mean by this many people these days first thing they do when they open their PC is go to Youtube to watch videos and spent hours in Youtube.

i think best solution to this is changing your heart. The so called " leaders" need to change theirself and understand that their brothers and sisters are more important then themselves.Lets pray that Allah changes the hearts of these " leaders" and make them aware the importance of the ummah.
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 15:33
AishaZaynap wrote:
View original post

Jzk. Please read the full thread to understand my post. جزاك الله خيرا
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 16:56
Yasin wrote:
View original post

oo now i understand sorry, i apoglize. i totally misunderstood your post. Jzk for telling me
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 17:16
Sister ayesha, blockin it is good, not every1 uses it.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 17:23
muslim11 wrote:
View original post

My dear canim sister, blocking wouldnt change anything, you can access to it by changing your IP adress. Blocking something will make people want to go to Youtube more. Also yes they are some,who dont use Youtube but think about the majority. how many people you know who doesnt use Youtube? Where i live, everybody literally everybody uses Youtube.
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 17:37
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2014 17:43
Yasin wrote:
View original post

Dear admin i apoglize again. Jzk. i will write my posts there.
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2021 07:13
Not a caliph, but a common Muslim who rose to the occasion.

Quote:
Ilm Deen also written as Ilm Din (4 December 1908 – 31 October 1929) was an Indian Muslim carpenter who assassinated a book publisher named Mahashe Rajpal for publishing the book Rangila Rasul, which was considered derogatory towards the Islamic prophet, Muhammad, by Muslims.

Two witnesses from the prosecution side claimed that he was guilty. Muhammad Ali Jinnah, then a prominent Indian lawyer, and later the founder of Pakistan, was then sought out to appear in the appeal hearing at the Lahore High Court. Jinnah appealed on the grounds of extenuating circumstances, saying that Ilm Deen was only 19 or 20. He asked for the death sentence to be commuted to imprisonment for life. This contention was rejected by the court. Ilm Deen was convicted and given the death penalty according to the Indian Penal Code, and subsequently executed.

It is said that around 600,000 people attended his funeral. Many Islamic leaders like Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Allama Iqbal supported him and attended his funeral.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2021 11:36
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

SubhanAllah! May Allah grant him Jannatul Firdous. Ameen

How is that related to this thread?
Rank Image
Hindustan
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2021 12:17
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

You're right, it isn't. I apologize. I just wanted to bump up an interesting thread by Colonel Sahab, because the forum feels desolate without him. Nonetheless, I appreciate that the forum did what it felt was necessary to maintain peace.

Ghazi Ilm Deen was neither a Caliph nor a sinner.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 18th January 2021 12:52
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Ok I see. It's alright!