Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Quotable Quotes by MuftiSays.com Members !

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Desi tadka, Naqshband66, Black Turban, Taalibah, sipraomer, abuzayd2k, moulanakhalil, sharjan8643
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 16th January 2014 09:07
Is it okay to memorize the Glorious Quran by listening to audio and looking at the mushaf at the same time? And without the physical presence of a Haafiz / Qari?

Qari Sulaiman84 replies:

Quote:
I Don't recommend it, except in cases of an emergency scenario or last option. The Qur'an is such an ilm that if one doesn't learn it chest to chest from a qualified Qari, the person is more prone to make major mistakes while not realizing it because he doesn't have a living person to correct him and he only can make corrections by what he perceives to be correct, which (his perceptions) may be wrong to begin with.

So it's mistakes upon mistakes...

But that method is slightly better than reading on one's own. But still, no where near as effective as learning in the physical presence of a qualified Qari.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2014 13:34
Aapa khaala ummitalib on fights between members on online forums (!!)

Quote:
All of us on forums reminds me of little children....like "I'm never speaking to you ever again!"..."I hate you!"..."Ya I hate you too!"...and then a group gangs up with one side and another group on the other side...giving each other looks that could kill!

next thing you see ..they all playing together

: )
+4 -0Like x 2Agree x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2014 14:34
Brother servant.of.Allah in the random thread about the essence of taleem at home

Quote:
About Taaleem at home - By a Lankan Mufti Sahib

You are ready to discuss about your religion with Christians, Hindus, etc(Non Muslims) and call it INTERFAITH;
But you are not ready to discuss about your OWN religion to your OWN children at home.
+7 -0Like x 2Winner x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2014 14:37
Creativity by brother Umar123

Quote:
IF ANYONE DISLIKES THIS POST, I WILL HACK YOUR PC/LAPTOP/PHONE OR WHATEVER!
I WILL END YOUR DEVICE, I WILL END YOUR INTERNET!!! YOU'LL NEVER BE ONLINE AGAIN... EVER!!
+3 -2Like x 1Dislike x 2
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2014 15:58
Desi tadka wrote:
Aapa khaala ummitalib on fights between members on online forums (!!)

(Translation: Sister aunt ummitalib...........)

What is this, brother?!!! *Jaw drops*
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2014 17:35
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

glad you brought this up brother Balck Turban...brothers and sisters should make their mind up how they see me...an older sister or an aunt??? Cant be both

No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2014 07:55
Brother Arslan wondered how did she give correct answer, sister Maria al-Qibtiyya replied:

Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
Old saying: Think, before you speak.
New saying: Google, before you post.
+7 -0Like x 3Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd January 2014 09:27
Akhii Muadh Khan on marriage ::

Quote:
Maulana Yaqub Qasmi (HA) during Euro-Sunni told me to translate to all the brothers and said, "Don't get anxious about getting married and don't let the fact that you are single get you down. Allah (SWT) has written your Taqdeer and whatever is written, can't be taken away from you by anyone and whatever is not written can't be given to you by anyone. Don't chase people, don't lower your standards, don't compromise your Deen, don't deviate from the Sunnah. Simply turn to Allah (SWT), do the necessary and leave the rest!".

This is a statement from a true Alim. No faffing around, just straight facts.

+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2014 11:20

Br Muadh Khan traps a La Madhabi (Salafi) idiot - an incident regarding ta'leem.

I was in Jamaat and asked to do Taleem and a Salafi brother comes up and comments about weak Hadeeth. So I deliberatly baited him and mentioned "Imam Nawawi RA)" to which he replied I don't know this man.

I said, "If you don't know Imam Nawawi (RA) you are too much of an ignoramus to know anything about Hadeeth and its sciences".

If me and you are discussing USA would you still continuing to discuss if I didn't know that there was a city called "Chicago". He replied in the negative. So I said you not even knowing "Imam Nawawi (RA)" shows that you have no idea what you are talking about! How am I supposed to even discuss the nature and injunctions of weak Hadeeth when you don't even know the man to articulated the rulings? carried on with the Ta'leem.

+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2014 14:32
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Amazing how the original post has less likes and ratings than when it's re-quoted here. Maybe a link to the post should be added with each quote that's posted here
+4 -0Like x 1Agree x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2014 16:21
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

Yasin wrote:
View original post

To be honest, this is not my own quote.

A few months ago I found it written on an image via my Google profile.

[bHere is the image I'm talking about.

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 25th January 2014 16:33
Maria al-Qibtiyya wrote:
View original post

Sister it doesn't matter where the source of the quote was from....the original post was yours, it was requoted on this thread because members liked your original post.

Therefore it's only correct that the original post receives the rating and not just the requoting post, hence admin has advised that members place a link to the original post on this thread so it can also be rated accordingly.

Excellent quote by the way, Jazakillah for sharing it with us.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2014 02:25
Hafiz Sulaiman's slang:
Quote:
See, that looks like a Samsung

As an iPhone user I can say: We just don't have that problem.

Or, in slang as it's eloquently said: We ain't got time fa dat.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2014 02:27
More slang by Sister Acacia:

Quote:
Tha juz haw id iiiiz, yo!
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Heavens Thunder is o
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2014 14:04

Zahed Black Turban on Tongi Ijtema and Maulana Sa'ad Kandhlawi Saheb (db):

Quote:
Saw Moulana Sa'ad saheb from very close (1-1.5 ft distance) several times - Unlike last year's Ijtima (last year did musafaha with Moulana Sa'ad and Haji Abdul Wahab saheb) couldn't meet elders (too tight security!) - [/quote]
Quote:
Lol.....no Alhamdulillaah. Moulana Sa'ad is a charismatic person. He is nearly 6 ft tall, handsome and his beard makes me envious. But there is imbalance between his age and look. Fifty percent of his beard has turned white! (I heard he was born in 1965 i.e. now 48 years old). His humility and simple lifestyle are noticeable. He walks around his tent before Maghrib (we can watch from our tent clearly). He wears simple dress, behaves like an ordinary person with his khadim and companions, smiles and tells funny stuffs (I guess from reaction of his companions). Anyone can realize the meaning of noor that Ahlullaah achieve, upon watching his face.
[quote]Every time he delivered bayan, I saw him wearing white turban. It was wrinkly, wound in a very simple way. I've seen him wearing white kamis (slit on both sides), salwar and black kurta (like that of Moulana Tariq Jameel). Yesterday morning he wrapped himself by a thin cloak (chadar). When he walks towards the stage from his tent, people (like me) queue up on the both sides of his path to watch him closely. Yet I've never found a little bit of pride or arrogance in his attitude. He gives salaam and replies to those of others. He is slim and walks energetically.

+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page: