Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah, Desi tadka, member2, AishaZaynap
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 12:29
How about this then!

A cat walked into the car triggering the alarm, the cat got spooked galore, ran straight into the generator, sparked the little petrol in it and powered it up until it completely ran out.

Tickling on the feet was pins and needles which you all had due to low blood flow as you were all in the car for some time!

;-)
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 12:33
maybe theres a connection between the jinn (made from fire) and electricity
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 12:38
incident 1 - when i was a kid i was in jamaat in bolton i think. masjid tayyabah. it was the first time i was in jamaat. after isha we were all sat in the jamaat khana in our own groups. i was sat with my mates on the side and the elders were sat together near the front of the jamaat khana. one of the elders stood up to leave but then started acting very strangely. it was as if he was surrounded by a forcefield which he could not go through. he would walk one way and get stopped by an invisible force so then tried to walk a different way only to get stopped again. someone said something about jinn. all this time the elder was smiling. the reaction of the other elders did not seem shocked or anything which is why i am not sure what happened that day. i dont know if the guy was indeed being pushed by a jinn or had some sort of psychological problem. i was only about 12 at the time and new to tabligh so i think i just let it drop and wasnt motivated to look into it more.

incident 2 - i was staying at a friends place in london (another tablighi). i was sleeping on the couch in his living room at night. from the corner i thought i heard some sort of voice, but in a language i did not understand. next day i asked my friend about it and he said he has jinns visiting from time to time. in the same corner of the room was a stereo so maybe that had something to do with it?

i have traveled extensively in 3rd world countries and slept in some very strange and remote places, but i think those were the only 2 strange jinn like experiences i have ever had. if i have had more then i probably just ignored them as i probably couldnt be asked with them!
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 13:27
Yes I have also ignored things so many times because I couldnt be asked with them!
Rank Image
London
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 13:57
We have this brother in the Masjid who looks pretty normal and I'm sure he is. But during taraweeh this year, I found my self praying next to him for the first few days.

This brother would just start giggling in Salah. Sometimes very softly and at other times in a very disturbing way.

It kept getting on my nerves so I would just pray somewhere else.

Then my brother asked me if I had seen this guy who just laughed in Salah, so I told him he was probably mentally I'll.

A few days later, my cousin was sitting next to him and then decided to move away. He then asked us about it and replied in the same way.

My cousin asked me if the verses were meant to be funny or something, so I told him that those verses were actually about hypocrisy and kufr. So he was wandering what was so funny!

Then my son prayed next to him, he also made a quick exit and told us what had happened. He concluded instantly that the brother had a jinn in him.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 14:08
That makes me quite sad.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 14:46

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I wrote a big response but then deleted it because its going to Cheez general Deobandees and Sufees OFF!!!

Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 15:06

In the authentic texts of the Sunnah there are a number of traditions which indicate that the jinn may and do enter the body. Some of these hadeeths are rather general, while others are quite specific. The most widely quoted of the general texts is one in which the Prophet (saw) was reported by his wife, Safiyyah, to have said: “Verily, Satan flows in the bloodstream of Aadam’s descendents.” According to the Sunnee scholars who use this hadeeth as evidence, it clearly indicates that Satan – and by extension the jinn – is able to invade human body and permeate its various parts, similar to the way blood circulates within the limbs.

Ya’laa ibn Murrah said: “I saw the Allaah’s Messenger (saw) do three things which no one before or after me saw. I went with him on a trip. On the way we passed by a woman sitting at the roadside with a young boy. She called out, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, this boy is afflicted with a trial, and from him we have also been afflicted with a trial. I do not know how many times per day he is seized with fits.’ He said, ‘Give him to me.’ So she lifted him up to the Prophet (saw). He then placed the boy between himself and the middle of the saddle, opened the boy’s mouth and blew in it three times, says, ‘In the name of Allaah; I am the slave of Allaah. Get out, enemy of Allaah!’ Then he gave the boy back to her and said, ‘Meet us on our return at this same place and inform us how he has faired.’ We then went. On our return, we found her in the same place with three sheep. When he said to her, ‘How has your son faired?’ she replied, ‘By the One who sent you with the truth, we have not detected anything [unusual] in his behaviour up to this time…’”

This authentic narration - and others which are weaker but still strong enough to be used as supportive evidence – portrays the Prophet (saw) apparently commanding an entity within this boy seized by fits of “madness” to leave. If there was nothing really possessing this boy, it would mean that the Prophet (saw) was involved in folly and deception. Since he knew that his actions would be imitated by his followers, he would not engage in such deviation. The idea of him being deceitful is totally inconsistent with the Islâmic concept of prophethood and its responsibilities – that of clarity and guidance. Consequently, the vast majority of orthodox Muslim scholars conclude that such narrations confirm the concept of diabolic possession of humans.

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 15:33

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I am neither denying the Ahadeeth nor the circumstances but what makes you certain (or almost) certain that he is afflicted by Jinn?

Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 15:41

Because the Prophet said: ‘In the name of Allaah; I am the slave of Allaah. Get out, enemy of Allaah!’

I also mentioned earlier that fits can be caused by possession too.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 15:44
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

From Interview 2

Q. Are there other signs, like bad smells or an unnatural smile, that are common to possessed?
A. In reality, when a jinnee bonds with a human, there are innumerable signs. Among them are laughter and crying for no reason. These symptoms were well-known to the medical profession and are explained as a result of overactivity or underactivity of certain glands. We know in spiritual medicine that this is due to demons playing with the glands, causing them to over-secrete or to decrease their secretions, therefore causing sudden changes in personality and swift mood shifts. The possessed person may also exhibit supernatural strength.

But that does not mean I am saying he is possessed. May Allah grant him Shifa from what ever it is, Aameen.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 15:56

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

It couldn't be a physical problem or injury to some part of his brain.

It couldn't be retarded development of some part of brain (since birth).

It couldn't be a hormonal disbalance in his enzymes.

It couldn't be a development disorder of some kind.

So you have applied the Hadeeth of Sayyidina Rasul-ullah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) beyond doubt that this person suffers from Jinn? The issue isn't the Hadeeth, the issue is your diagnosis which is, well beyond doubt?

Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 16:28
Brother, I took it the diagnosis based on findings of reliable scholars and their research. See also the interviews thread.

Quote:
Qur'nic Evidence

Evidence for spirit-possession can be found in both the Qur'aan and the Sunnah. From the Qur'aan the most commonly quoted support for jinn-possession is the following verse:

"Those who devour interest rise up like one stumbling from Satan's touch." Qur'aan, 2:275

Al-Qurtubee commented on this verse in his exegesis, saying, "This verse contains proof of the incorrectness of those who deny possession (sara') by way of the jinn, claiming that it is the result of natural causes, as well as those who claim that Satan does not enter human nor does he touch them." Aboo Ja'far ibn Jareer said the following in his commentary on the verse, "He (i.e. Allaah), whose praise is great, said to those who deal in interest: He whom we have so described in this life will rise up in the next life from his grave like one stumbling from Satan's touch rises up. He meant that Satan drives him insane in this life. He is one whom Satan causes to stumble, and he overpowers and knocks him down by the touch - that is madness." Ibn Katheer's view on the interpretation of the verse was as follows: "That is, they rise up from their graves on the Day of Judgment unbalanced like an insane person in a fit of madness. His fumbling around under Satan's touch means that he will rise up unbalanced. Ibn Abee Haatim reported that Ibn 'Abbaas said, 'One who devours interest will be resurrected on the Day of Judgment insane in a suffocating fit of madness.' 'Awf ibn Maalik, Sa'eed ibn Jubayr, as-Suddee ar-Rabee' ibn Anas, Muqaatil ibn Hayyaan and Qataadah." In a treatise on this subject, Ibn Taymeeyah stated the following, "Although some Mu'tazilees, like al-Jubbaa'ee and Aboo Bakr ar-Raazee, erroneously rejected the possibility that jinn enter the bodies of madmen, they did not deny the existence of jinn, because the former is less evident than the latter. Thus al-Ash'aree mentioned among the doctrines of orthodox Muslims (Ahl as-Sunnah wa al-Jamaa'ah) that they believed that the jinn entered the bodies of madmen, as stated by the Almighty in the verse, 'Those who devour interest rise up like one stumbling from Satan's touch.'

Not exactly answering the question, but there are 2 reasons of such illnesses as mentioned before, natural and super natural.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 18:36
Brother Abu Mohammed, didn't anyone (discretely) ask the brother why he giggles and laughs during salaah?

Brother Muadh, did you forget to mention a thunder-storm that night or anything like that? Or... perhaps Spaniards have a good sense of humour and use that derelict building to deliberately spook people. And, was this place located at a high altitude?

Brother xs11ax, I wouldn't make much of these.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 19:56
Quote:
Brother Abu Mohammed, didn't anyone (discretely) ask the brother why he giggles and laughs during salaah?

Brother

I guess others may know him on a personal level, I don't. In fact I tend not to mingle with anyone except a selection of brothers.

I go, I pray, I leave

Jump to page: