Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Taalibah
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2013 17:50

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi,

In the past few weeks/months there has been intense discussions on SF about Jinns & Muakkils and using them for good purposes so this topic got me thinkng. Almost all of the stuff which I have read on it is from Salafees which says that its HARAM & SHIRK to use use jinns for anything.

I know nothing about Jinns, never seen them, never spoken to them, don't know squat.

However, the more I thought about it the more it occured to me that Jinns are nothing but a creation of Allah (SWT) and if good Jinns (pious Muslims) want to assist in a matter which is compliant in Shariah and permissable then how can it be Haram?

Sure enough Shaykhul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (RA) very clearly permits using good Jinns for good purposes and thinks that it is exactly like asking any human for help.

قال شيخ الاسلام ابن تيمية ( 11/307 -308)
(والمقصود هنا ان الجن مع الانس على احوال
فمن كان من الانس يأمر الجن بما أمر الله به رسوله من عبادة الله وحده وطاعة نبيه ويأمر الانس بذلك فهذا من أفضل اولياء الله تعالى وهو فى ذلك من خلفاء الرسول ونوابه

ومن كان يستعمل الجن فى أمور مباحة له فهو كمن استعمل الانس فى أمور مباحة له وهذا كأن يأمرهم بما يجب عليهم وينهاهم عما حرم عليهم ويستعملهم فى مباحات له فيكون بمنزلة الملوك الذين يفعلون مثل ذلك وهذا اذا قدر انه من اولياء الله تعالى فغايته ان يكون فى عموم اولياء الله مثل النبى الملك مع العبد الرسول كسليمان ويوسف مع ابراهيم وموسى وعيسى ومحمد صلوات الله وسلامه عليهم أجمعين

ومن كان يستعمل الجن فيما ينهى الله عنه ورسوله إما فى الشرك واما فى قتل معصوم الدم او فى العدوان عليهم بغير القتل كتمريضه
وانسائه العلم وغير ذلك من الظلم واما فى فاحشة كجلب من يطلب منه الفاحشة فهذا قد استعان بهم على الاثم والعدوان ثم ان استعان بهم على الكفر فهو كافر وان استعان بهم على المعاصى فهو عاص إما فاسق وإما مذنب غير فاسق وان لم يكن تام العلم بالشريعة فاستعان بهم فيما يظن انه من الكرامات مثل ان يستعين بهم على الحج أو ان يطيروا به عند السماع البدعى أو ان يحملوه الى عرفات ولا يحج الحج الشرعى الذى امره الله به ورسوله وأن يحملوه من مدينة الى مدينة ونحو ذلك فهذا مغرور قد مكروا به
وكثير من هؤلاء قد لا يعرف ان ذلك من الجن بل قد سمع ان اولياء الله لهم كرامات وخوارق للعادات وليس عنده من حقائق الايمان ومعرفة القرآن ما يفرق به بين الكرامات الرحمانية وبين التلبيسات الشيطانية فيمكرون به بحسب اعتقاده فان كان مشركا يعبد الكواكب والاوثان اوهموه انه ينتفع بتلك العبادة ويكون قصده الاستشفاع والتوسل ممن صور ذلك الصنم على صورته من ملك او نبى او شيخ صالح فيظن انه صالح وتكون عبادته فى الحقيقة للشيطان قال الله تعالى ويوم نحشرهم جميعا ثم نقول للملائكة اهؤلاء اياكم كانوا يعبدون قالوا سبحانك انت ولينا من دونهم بل كانوا يعبدون الجن أكثرهم بهم مؤمنون

Then he checked the great Hanbali Qadhi of our time Sheikh Abu 'Abd Allah Muhammad ibn Saalih ibn Muhammad ibn al-Uthaymeen (RA) also permits it for good purposes, as follows:

سئل الشيخ بن عثيمين: ما حكم خدمة الجن والإنس؟

فأجاب بقوله : ذكر شيخ الإسلام رحمه الله في المجلد الحادي عشر من مجموع الفتاوى ما مقتضاه أن استخدام الإنس للجن له ثلاث حالات :

الأولى : أن يستخدمه في طاعة الله كأن يكون نائبا عنه في تبليغ الشرع ، فمثلا إذا كان له صاحب من الجن المؤمن يأخذ عنه العلم فيستخدمه في تبليغ الشرع لنظرائه من الجن ، أو في المعونة على أمور مطلوبة شرعا فإنه يكون أمرا محمودا أو مطلوبا وهو من الدعوة إلى الله عز وجل. والجن حضروا للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم وقرأ عليهم القرآن وولّوا إلى قومهم منذرين ، والجن فيهم الصلحاء والعباد والزهاد والعلماء لأن المنذر لا بد أن يكون عالما بما ينذر عابدا.

الثانية : أن يستخدم في أمور مباحة فهذا جائز بشرط أن تكون الوسيلة مباحة فإن كانت محرمة فهو محرم مثل أن لا يخدمه الجني إلا أن يشرك بالله كأن يذبح للجني أو يركع له أو يسجد ونحو ذلك .

الثالثة : أن يستخدم في أمور محرمة كنهب أموال الناس وترويعهم وما أشبه ذلك ، فهذا محرم لما فيه من العدوان والظلم ، ثم إن كانت الوسيلة محرمة أو شركا كان أعظم وأشد.

المصدر : الفتوى 193 من فتاوى العقيدة للشيخ رحمه الله.

So it appears that amongst Salafees there are opinions that this matter is permissable under conditions, although the official Saudi Fatwa that its not permissable.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2013 17:52

Does anyone know the Fatwa of Hanafi Madhab about using good Jinns for good purposes? I don't even know if these things can be used but its a hypothetical/Academic discussion at the moment...

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2013 17:16

Theres a talk by Shaykh Hassan Ali sahib, its really interesting, it gives an insight into the unseen. actually i think the title is 'the unseen'. ive recommended to quite a few people and they've found it really helpful in understanding this subject. It might not be what your looking for to answer your questions, but its insightful and worth listening to.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2013 17:52
Is that the same talk in which he talks about his Darul Uloom mate who became a Hafiz over night and when he challenged everyone to test him, great laugh that talk was.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2013 17:54
Yes thats the one, braced myself for the worse, but turned out to be quite funny and educating at the same time, masha.Allah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2013 18:33
Taalibah wrote:
View original post

Halalified YT Audio

And here's the part about the Hafiz (from the talk bove)

Halalified YT Audio
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 12th May 2013 23:02
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 10:32
Salam

I have a question, what is really a muakil ?

Now I have heard different opinions about this, some say its a good jinn, some says its an angel, some say its neither of them but its in between a jinn and a angel.

Also I have also heard someone mention that every letter of the Quran has a muakil of its own ?

Bro Muadh might be aware of the famous 'chehel kaaf' thread we had previously on SF.

Any insight into this ? I've come across nothing from Quran/Hadith which describes a muakil, and I've asked a few people they said the same.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 11:01

Asslamo Allaikum,

This is Tassawuff stuff from SF :-)

Certain Mashaykh (of Tassawuff) believe that there is a Guardian (Moakkil) assigned to every Dhik’r, every verse and every name (and attribute of Allah (SWT)) so specific Guardians (Moakkil) can made subservient by reciting specific Dhikrs. Chehal Kaaf is one such litany (form of Adhkaar) which can make a Guardian (Moakkil) subservient to you and obey your commands to a certain extent.

These Guardians (Moakkil) are from Jinn and also from Angels.

Certain Mashaykh (of Tassawuff) prohibit doing Dhik’r without the permission of a Shaykh because the Guardian (Moakkil) of that Dhikr will begin to interfere with the person, put doubts in their mind and try to lead them this way or that way.

Certain Mashaykh (of Tassawuff)  give the evidence by quoting this story from Fazail-e-Amaal that this was the Guardian (Moakkil) assigned to verse [27:62] of the Qur'aan.

Story:

Wahb bin Munabbih writes: "Have your needs fulfilled by Allah through salaat. In the good old time, if a calamity befell the people, they would hurry towards salaat." It is said that in Koofah there was a porter who was well known for his honesty. People trusted him with their valuables and money, which he carried from one place to another.

Once he wps on his usual errand when a person-met him on the wayland asked him about his destination. When the porter gave him the required information, ksaid, "I am also bound for the same destination. If I could walk, I would have accompanied you on foot. Will you kindly give me a lift on your mule for one dinaar?" The porter agreed and allowed him to share the mule with him. They came to a crossing on the way. The person said, 'Now, which road will you take?' 'The main road, of course,' replied the porter. The person said, 'No, brother. We should go by the other road which is a shortcut and there is plenty of grass enroute to feed the animal.' The porter said, 'I have never been on this path.' The person remarked, 'But I have travelled by this route quite often'. The porter believed him and
put the animal on that path. After some distance, the path ended in a terrifying forest where a large number of dead bodies were lying about. All of a sudden the person jumped down from the mule and took out his knife with the intention of slaying the porter. 'Hold your hand', shouted the porter, 'Take the animal and its load, but do not kill me'. The person refused to listen to his entreaty and swore that he would first kill the porter and then take possession of the animal and the goads. Seeing that his entreaties fell on deaf ears and that his cruel heart would not melt, the porter said to him, 'All right if you must kill me, then permit to say my salaat of only two rakaats.' The person agreed and remarked, 'You can please yourself. All the dead you see over here made the same request, but their salaat was of no avail to them.' The porter started the salaat, but could not recollect any soorah to connect with the Fatihah, in spite of his best efforts. Meanwhile the person grew impatient and pressed him hard to hurry up with the salaat. All of a sudden the following verse flashed to his mind:

''Is it not He Who answereth the wronged one when he crieth unto Him, and removeth the evil. . . (XXVII-62).

The porter was reciting the verse and the tears welled up in his eyes, when a horseman suddenly appeared on the scene. He was wearing a glittering helmet and held a spear in his hand. He pierced the body of the pitiless rogue with his spear and killed him there and then. A flame of fire I rose from the spot where the dead body fell. The porter fell down prostrate and thanked Allah. After finishing his salaat, he ran towards the horseman and requested him to disclose his identity. He replied, 'I am a slave to Him who answereth the wronged one. You are now safe and can go wherever you like.' Saying this, the horseman rode away
and disappeared. " Indeed salaat is a tremendous asset. Besides pleasing

Allah it often gets us deliverence from the calamities of thislife and provides us with tranquility and eace of mind. Ibn Seereen writes: "If I be allowed to cE o ose between Paradise and salaat of two rakaats, I would prefer salaat. The reason is quite clear. Paradise is for my own pleasure while salaat is for the pleasure of my dear Lord." The Holy Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) has said: "Enviable is the lot of that Muslim who is with least encumbrance, whose main fortune is salaat, who remains content with humble provision throughout his life, who worshi s his Lord in a dutiful manner, who lives a nameless liP e and who dies an early death, with very little to bequeath and very few to mourn him." In another hadith, the Holy Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) is reported to have
said: 'Offer your salaat at your homes quite frequently, so that these may be blessed with Allah's Grace and Mercy."

This story is actually mentioned by Imam Ibn Katheer (RA) under the Tafseer of this verse on the authority of Hafidh Ibn Asakir (RA). There are other stories mentioned with this verse as well.

وَذَكَرَ الْحَافِظ اِبْن عَسَاكِر فِي تَرْجَمَة رَجُل حَكَى عَنْهُ أَبُو بَكْر مُحَمَّد بْن دَاوُد الدِّينَوَرِيّ الْمَعْرُوف بِالدُّقِّيِّ الصُّوفِيّ قَالَ هَذَا الرَّجُل كُنْت أُكَارِي عَلَى بَغْل لِي مِنْ دِمَشْق إِلَى بَلَد الزُّبْدَانِيّ فَرَكِبَ مَعِي ذَات مَرَّة رَجُل فَمَرَرْنَا عَلَى بَعْض الطَّرِيق عَنْ طَرِيق غَيْر مَسْلُوكَة فَقَالَ لِي خُذْ فِي هَذِهِ فَإِنَّهَا أَقْرَب فَقُلْت لَا خِيَرَة لِي فِيهَا فَقَالَ بَلْ هِيَ أَقْرَب فَسَلَكْنَاهَا فَانْتَهَيْنَا إِلَى مَكَان وَعْر وَوَادٍ عَمِيق وَفِيهِ قَتْلَى كَثِيرَة فَقَالَ لِي أَمْسِكْ رَأْس الْبَغْل حَتَّى أَنْزِل فَنَزَلَ وَتَشَمَّرَ وَجَمَعَ عَلَيْهِ ثِيَابه وَسَلَّ سِكِّينًا مَعَهُ وَقَصَدَنِي فَفَرَرْت مِنْ بَيْن يَدَيْهِ وَتَبِعَنِي فَنَاشَدْته اللَّه وَقُلْت خُذْ الْبَغْل بِمَا عَلَيْهِ فَقَالَ هُوَ لِي وَإِنَّمَا أُرِيد قَتْلك فَخَوَّفْته اللَّه وَالْعُقُوبَة فَلَمْ يَقْبَل فَاسْتَسْلَمْت بَيْن يَدَيْهِ وَقُلْت إِنْ رَأَيْت أَنْ تَتْرُكنِي حَتَّى أُصَلِّي رَكْعَتَيْنِ فَقَالَ عَجِّلْ فَقُمْت أُصَلِّي فَأُرْتِجَ عَلَيَّ الْقُرْآن فَلَمْ يَحْضُرنِي مِنْهُ حَرْف وَاحِد فَبَقِيت وَاقِفًا مُتَحَيِّرًا وَهُوَ يَقُول هِيهِ اُفْرُغْ فَأَجْرَى اللَّه عَلَى لِسَانِي قَوْله تَعَالَى : " أَمَّنْ يُجِيب الْمُضْطَرّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَيَكْشِف السُّوء " فَإِذَا أَنَا بِفَارِسٍ قَدْ أَقْبَلَ مِنْ فَم الْوَادِي وَبِيَدِهِ حَرْبَة فَرَمَى بِهَا الرَّجُل فَمَا أَخْطَأَتْ فُؤَاده فَخَرَّ صَرِيعًا فَتَعَلَّقْت بِالْفَارِسِ وَقُلْت بِاَللَّهِ مَنْ أَنْتَ ؟ فَقَالَ أَنَا رَسُول الَّذِي يُجِيب الْمُضْطَرّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَيَكْشِف السُّوء قَالَ فَأَخَذْت الْبَغْل وَالْحِمْل وَرَجَعْت سَالِمًا

What is the truth? I am not a Sufi so no idea...

Allah (SWT) knows best.

Jazakallahu Khayran

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 12:03
Cure From Black Magic, Jinn & Illness

By Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat hafizahullah

cure from black magic

In recent times, people distressed with ailments - internal and external - have resorted to people who cure through ta'weez and, in some cases, through the agency of jinn (or mu'akkal as some call it). I do not intend to go into the depth of the evils that lie within this institution, but would sincerely request readers to take note of the following points with a fair mind and without being biased so that we may be saved from the deceit of Shaytan which is hidden in the form of pious saintly people who claim to have supernatural powers to cure illnesses and solve problems.

1. Illnesses, problems, calamities, quarrels are natural for humans, and one should look for remedy and solution through lawful means. One should not, without any endeavour, assume the problem or illness to be through black magic or an outside effect. Refer to the doctors and have it treated.

2. If one is suffering from anxiety and depression, and cannot find peace of mind, then he/she should check his/her life and see where the Commands of Allah and His Rasool sallallahu alayhi wasallam are being violated. Come nearer to Allah through His Remembrance, for that is where the contentment of heart and peace of mind lies. In the Remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction. (Al Qur'aan 13:28)

3. The knowledge of the unseen is an Attribute of Allah the Almighty Only. None in the heavens and on earth knows the unseen except Allah. Many of these "so called" healers claim to know many things of the unseen, and to believe such people could lead one to kufr. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, "One who resorts to an arraf (fortune-teller) and asks him about anything, Salaah will not be accepted from him for forty days." (Muslim) Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has also said, "One who resorts to a kahin (soothsayer/claimant to the knowledge of the unseen) and believes him in what he says, has rejected that which has been sent down to Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasallam."

4. Those who violate the law of Allah cannot be pious. A Walee (Friend) of Allah is one who abstains from disobedience to Allah. Those who touch women, who treat women without any veil or partition, who sit with women in solitude i.e. without a male mahram, how can they possibly be the Friends of Allah. Do not be deceived, friends. 5. In case of doubt, contact your local ulama or those who have been known to you for years for their taqwa, piety and reliability. insha'allah, their guidance will save you from going into the wrong hands.

NOW TO SAFEGUARD YOURSELF FROM BLACK-MAGIC

Allah ta'ala, through his Infinite Mercy, has taught His Servants such du'a and recitation which does not only cure, but saves them from the evil effects of black-magic, jinn, etc.: 1. After completing fardh Salat, recite the masnoon waza'if and thereafter ayatul kursi.

Note: Ayatul kursi is a verse from Soorah Baqarah starting Allahu laa'ilaaha illaa huwal... (Al Qur'aan 2:255)

2. Before going to Sleep, read Ayatul kursi. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, "Whoever recites Ayatul kursi at night, a protector (angel) from Allah continually safeguards him and Shaytaan will not come near him until morning."(Bukhari)

3. Read Soorah lkhlas, Soorah Falaq and Soorah Nas after every fardh Salaat. (Read them thrice after the Fair and Maghrib Salat).

4. Before going to sleep, read the last two verses of Soorah Baqarah. Rasoolullah sallallahu alayhi wasallam has said, "Whoever recites the last two verses of Soorah Al Baqarah at night, they will be sufficient for him. " (They will save him from Shaytaan and other misfortunes). (Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizi, Aboo Dawood, Nasaee, Ibne Majah)

5. Read the following du'a in abundance:

A'oozu bikalimaatil'laahit taam'maati min shar'ri maa khalaq

Translation: I seek refuge in all the Perfect Words Of Allah from the mischief of His Creations. (Muslim, Tirmizi, Ibne Majah)

6. Read the following du'a at the beginning of the day and night:

Bismil'laahil lazi laa yadhur'ru ma'a ismihi shay'un fil ardhi walaa fis samaa'i wahuwas samee'ul 'aleem

Translation: In the Name of Allah with Whose Name nothing can cause harm in the earth and the heaven. And He is All Hearing, All Knowing. (Aboo Dawood, Tirmizi, Ibne Maiah, Hakim)

The above mentioned prayers will, insha'allah, prevent the evil effects of black-magic and other outside effects. These are measures derived directly from the teaching of the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alayhi wasallam and, if recited regularly, with sincerity, yaqeen and Trust in Allah, then one will never complain of evil-effects.

REMEDY FOR ILLNESSES

Regular recitation of the above mentioned is also effective in removing evil effects. Along with these azkar, turn to Allah, repent sincerely and beseech Him. After all, it is He Only that brings cure to every illness and solution to every problem. The following du'a are also effective for cure:

Allaahumma rabban naas, azhibil ba's, ishfi antas shaafi, laa shifaa'a illaa shifaa'uk, shifaa'an laa yughaadiru suqman

Translation: 0 Allah 0 the Lord Of the people! Remove the pain. Grant cure, You are the Curer. There is no cure except Your Cure. Grant such a cure that leaves no sickness. (Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmizi, ibne Majah)

Bismillaahi arqeeka, min kulli shay'in yu'zeeka, wa min sharri kulli nafsin aw 'aynin haasidin, allaahu yashfeeka, bismillaahi arqeeka.

Translation:In The Name of Allah I make damm (blow) upon you from everything which harms you and from the evil ofevery person or jealous eye. May Allah grant you cure. In The Name of Allah I make damm (blow) on you. (Muslim, Ibne Majah)

Once again, remember that those people who violate the laws of Allah, cannot be saintly persons. Seek guidance from ulama who are known to you. Insha'allah, you will not go wrong. May Allah safeguard all Muslims from calamities; may He safeguard their Deen; may He give them the correct understanding of Deen; may He keep them away from every action which is contrary to the teachings of Islam and which brings the Displeasure of Allah. Ameen.

idauk.org/publications/leaflet15.html
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2013 12:14
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 24th December 2013 09:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

السلام عليكم

Title: Is it permissible to seek help from jinns?

Question:

I want to know according to hanafi fiqh, is it permissible to
ask jinn for help?

Does it make a difference if jinn is muslim believer or not?
If it is shirk, is it major shirk or minor shirk?

If it is shirk, can Allah forgive this particular shirk if Allah
chooses to if one does not repent before death?

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most
Merciful.

As-salāmu 'alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

It is not within the scope and skill of just anyone to work
with jinns and seek their assistance. Aamils have jinns under
their control and they order jinns to fulfil certain tasks,
especially in curing people affected with black magic or
possessed by jinns.

The Aamil seeking the help of jinns is similar to seeking the help and assistance of a human being.

As Muslims, while we adopt means to address our challenges,
we believe that everything ultimately happens with the order
of Almighty Allah.

And Allah Ta'alaa Knows best;

Fahad Abdul Wahab
Student, Darul Iftaa
USA

Checked and Approved by;
Mufti Ebrahim Desai

www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/27327

duas

wa Assalam.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 24th December 2013 12:46
I was listening to one of Mufti Menks talks the other day ( his Ambiya series ). He mentioned that in the laws/realm of Jinns for them to have contact/interference with humans is prohibited, then he mentioned a verse for this.

Then he went on to say people claiming they have a Sahabi jinn, or a Jinn who was a khadim for a ex big Sheikh/Saint, are liars, as why would a Muslim jinn come to you when it's not even allowed in their Shariah ? It's most probably a kafir jinn coming to you and claiming he's a Sahabi

Then he said people who say they have jinns and can cure you, he said most of the times they don't even know 100% what they have themselves, it's guess work , whether its a Muslim jinn or a Hindu jinn ( which also reminded me of someone who had jinns/moakils but had no clue who they were or how many he had ) he ( mufti menk) said Jinns are liars, which is true.

The rest Allah knows best

Thoughts ?
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 24th December 2013 13:27
Allah سبحانه وتعالى did create mankind the most intelligent out of all His creation. At the same time I've also read that jinn's by nature have a mischievous nature, so cannot be totally trusted.

If inexperienced people and unauthenticated people start delving in such issues, they themselves would get caught up in a very dangerous and detrimental situation, also drawing others in with hope of falsehood and cure.....and Allah سبحانه وتعالى knows best.

SubhaanAllah, Dua and recitation of Qur'an has cure for everything. After all isn't health and sickness from Allah سبحانه وتعالى
Why turn to the creation, when we can turn to the Creator.

Just my say on it, but I could be wrong.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 24th December 2013 14:08

Indeed , humans are the Khalifa of Allah on earth and each one of us is a messenger of our Prophet Muhammad (saw)

In another lecture by Mufti Menk ( his Ambiya series ) he mentions that ibn Katheer rahimullah mentions that even before humans and jinns there was another creation Allah created, they were known as 'Bin', but they caused a lot of chaos and havoc on earth then Allah sent the jinns to destroy them, then the Jinns did the same as Bin and then after that Allah has prohibited them to having interactions with humans as previously they would cause a lot of mischief.

The true reality of Jinns

Quote:
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.232 Narrated by Aisha r.a

Some people asked Allah's Messenger (saws) about the fore-tellers. Allah's Messenger (saws) said to them, "They are nothing (i.e., liars)." The people said, 'O Allah's Messenger (saws)! Sometimes they tell something which comes out to be true." Allah's Messenger (saws) said, "That word which comes to be true is what a jinn snatches away by stealing and then pours it in the ear of his fore-teller with a sound similar to the cackle of a hen, and then they add to it one-hundred lies."

The so-called 'knowledge' of palmistry, or the deciphering of the happenings of the future by studying the position of the lines or marks in one's hands are nothing more than absolute lies, whims, conjecture, and guess-works of ignorant and unscrupulous people. There is absolutely no reality and relation between the lines and marks on one's hands and the events that take place in a person's life!

Everything that happens in the heavens and the earth, is in the Absolute Control and Sole Domain of the All Powerful, All Knowing Lord of the Worlds. No star, no sun, no moon, no marks or lines on one's palms, and absolutely nothing and no one in the universe has the power to bring about any good or evil on anyone. All Power and All Strength is vested in the Hands of Allah Subhanah Alone.

To believe in palmistry or any form of astrology , and to believe in the supposed 'prediction' of the star-signs, palm-reading, etc. is a form and manifestation of the heinous sin of 'shirk'; and all the believers must abstain from this abomination.

"Who ever goes to a fortune teller and asks him something and believes in his words, will have his prayer rejected for forty days."

The rest Allah knows best
+1 -0