Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Tableeghi Jamaat & its Curriculum for Fadail (Virtues)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Yasin, Abu Taalib Deobandi, abu mohammed, Taalibah, umar123, the fake shaykh, samah, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2015 18:12
Can you kindly post the name of the book?

Some salafies go to the extreme and say the book should be burnt! Obviously that is nonsense. At the same time if according to some they are certain narrations in the book that shouldn't be passed on due to the possibility of it being fabricated, then we shouldnt go on the defensive. No scholar's work is abosolutely perfect and free from unintentional errors.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2015 19:28
Concerned wrote:
View original post

Unfortunately the lecture may have moved to another page on YouTube.

I believe its also called Fadhaail A'maal but in Arabic. If I come across the talk again, I'll repost the new link.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2015 19:44
I can comprehend that - although Hadhrat Shaykh رحمة الله عليه is mostly only citing others (classical works) - the critic is directed at Fazail-e-Amaal, because the works he used as a source are not being regularly read in big public gatherings, nor to be found in the shelves of Millions of laymen and neither be blamed for such stories/narrations gaining the undeserved popularity. BUT the correct method of rectification or critic is still the one adopted by Mufti Husain Kadodia sahab (haf), namely to academically target the narrations and their validities from the main sources. Remaining general and pass a ruling on the root source, because Hadhrat Shaykh رحمة الله عليه was not the one fabricating these and most probably was neither the only one quoting them afterwards. This approach will avoid defensive reactions based on emotional attachment and people will be more ready to accept the weakness and dislike of narrating certain narrations. If we are sincere in our critic, which insha'Allah all of us are, then our methodology should also reflect this sincerity.

That being said, I wish to bring another aspect to our attention: The situation & context Hadhrat Shaykh رحمة الله عليه authored Fazail-e-Amaal in. Although he spent majority of his life inside the walls of a Madrassa, was mostly engaged in acadamical works & never established a formal Khanqah (as far as I know) he was a Sufi at heart. There's no denial of this fact and also the whole enviroment he lived in was very accepting of Sufi traditions at that time. This explains why he was very inclined towards these kind of "juicy & sweet" yet objectionable stories. Even today some brothers ironically complain why Fazail-e-Durood was excluded from the Tablighi Nisab. On top of that, many books authored by Akabir in that time (or merely prior to him) and the stories they contained would surpass Fazail-e-Amaal in being objectionable by far. Although many objections to Fazail-e-Amaal have been answered by himself, but the climate was not so critical like it is today. We can make this anology from the fact, that Hadhrat Shaykh رحمة الله عليه even had open Ahlul-Hadeeth members as disciples (see his Aap Beeti). I'm sure Hadhrat Shaykh رحمة الله عليه would have taken a more careful route in our ridiculous time. The different parts of it were authored on the requests of his elders & I believe Hadhrat Shaykh رحمة الله عليه could never imagine that it would one day turn into one of the most-read books after the glorious Qur'an.

I know my usage of English is not very eloquent and more than that I often don't find the right words to express my thoughts, but this is not me trying to be apologetic or blindly justifying, but Fazail-e-Amaal has not been authored by a scholar not capable of distinguishing between sound and questionable narrations or stories... but rather a scholar with a certain leaning & liking, which his time & enviroment permitted and was not so forcibly opposed to as today.

On a final note: I'm not rejecting the fact that not everything in Fazail-e-Amaal is as reliable as it should be, but alhamdulillah nothing in the book promotes misguidance in Islamic belief or actions.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2015 19:49
i seriously dont get it.

so do some people think it's ok for me to make up stories featuring sahaba (rd)?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2015 19:59
xs11ax wrote:
View original post
If this is in response to my post above then: Please, I never tried to make this point.

I'm ready to happily accept the verdicts of research scholars like Mufti Husain (haf) and others on stories in Fazail-e-Amaal. But when the critic shifts towards Hadhrat Shaykh رحمة الله عليه many people become unfair & unbalanced. The same people would not dare to talk in a similair manner regarding the classical scholars of early time, which Hadhrat Shaykh رحمة الله عليه is basically only quoting.

+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2015 20:39
True Life wrote:
View original post

sorry. it was a general question.

i cant even understand how its even debatable whether fabricated stories are acceptable or not. unless i have misunderstood what is being meant as fabricated in this case. maybe i have not grasped the context?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2015 02:17
This incident has gained reliability because of being quoted by popular speakers. Shaykh Zahir Mahmood (DB) quoted it here (starts at 5:50):

Youtube Video
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2015 03:11
From my experience many similar stories or hadiths 'gain reliability' by being quoted by both popular speakers and local imams . I find Imams are becoming more aware though and I think that Twitter and whatsap have a role to play in this awareness.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2015 09:36
Concerned wrote:
View original post

The name is mentioned here at 52 minutes - Previously linked post to be updated too
Youtube Video

Quote:
The Salafi have written a book called "Sahih Mustanad Fadhail e A'maal"...it says this book is free from all weak and fabricated Hadith, but if you open the book, you will find many many many weak narrations, probably more than the original
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2016 09:33
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 28th April 2018 16:00
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 29th June 2018 11:27

Mental Health of Shaykhul-Hadeeth Muhammad Zakariya Kandhlawi (RA)

For over a decade I have tried to look at objections towards Fadhail-a-Amaal and Tableeghi Jamaat and provide adequate responses.

You can agree to disagree and judge the responses for yourself.

However the accusation that Shaykhul-Hadeeth Muhammad Zakariya Kandhlawi (RA) was somehow mentally unwell is so vile and grotesquely inaccurate that I steered clear od discussing it in detail until today...

The passage comes from the Foreword of Hikayat-e-Sahaba and it reads:

docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer?url=http://freepdfhosting...

...In Safar 1357 AH, it so happened that I was advised by doctors to suspend my regular duty of teaching for sometime...

It is normal for people to take a break from their (regular) work and it is well proven scientific advice in our times. It does not mean that the person is mentally unfit?

I know a brother who is taking a career break from work. He is perfectly normal, happy, satisfied with life, coherent and fully functional.

It is absolutely disingenuous to suggest that being advised to take a break from (normal work) is related to mental state and it is deeply offensive and disturbing to those who have mental health issues.

1. You can disagree with Tableeghi Jamaat
  2. You can disagree with Fadhail-a-Amaal
  3. You can disagree with ‘s classification of certain Ahadeeth
  4. BUT you are not entitled to your own facts!

Weak Ahadeeth,Fadhail (Virtues) & Fazail e Amaal

Tableeghi Jamaat: On the scale of Qur'aan & Sunnah

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 26th October 2019 23:07
No post ratings