1) Sadaqat-ul-fitr is an obligation for every Muslim, male or female, who owns 613.35 grams of silver or its equivalent, either in the form of money, ornaments, stock-in-trade, or in the form of some goods or commodities beyond one's normal needs. If a person has some minor children, the same amount has to be paid on behalf of each one of them separately
2) The prescribed amount of Sadaqat-ul-fitr is 1.75 Kilograms of wheat or its value in money.
3) Sadaqat-ul-fitr is obligated on each adult male or female separately, and the relevant adult person himself is responsible to pay it. The husband is not required to pay Sadaqat-ul-fitr on behalf of his wife nor is the wife supposed to pay it on behalf of her husband.
4) It is a Sunnah that the Sadaqat-ul-fitr is paid before performing the 'Eid prayer. It can also be paid before the 'Eid day, but it is not advisable to delay it up to the performance of'Eid prayer
5) Sadaqat-ul-fitr should be paid only to a person who is entitled to receive Zakah.
Mufti Taqi Usmani (DB) says:
Price of Flour in United Kingdom
- ASDA Brown Bread Flour: £ 0.853/KG OR £1.49 for Fitrana
- ASDA Plain Flour: £ 0.601/KG OR £ 1.051 for Fitrana
- ASDA (Smart Price) Plain Flour: £ 0.347/KG OR £ 0.607 for Fitrana