You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Yasin, sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Acacia
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th May 2012 22:56

There is a book called the sacred trusts from Turkey.

Has anyone heard of it?

It costs approx £100. The ISBN number of the book is 9781932099720. The book contains those items that belonged to the Prophet (SAW) and his companions (RA)

Original site http://www.thesacredtrusts.com/?AboutThisBook

Can anyone verify if the stuff in this book and site 100% Authentic. If so it is priceless and I want it!

Please let me know ASAP.

Also available here (not sure of autenticity) http://www.abebooks.co.uk/9781932099720/Sacred-Trusts-Deluxe-Edition-Pavilion-1932099727/plp Â£52

Images no longer available, sorry. 

Fatima al-Zahra's mantle
The mantle is wrapped in a cloth decorated with silver gilt thread. It is made of camel-colored wool, has wide sleeves, and is worn. It has a blue lining in some parts, and knitted buttons on the chest. It was donated to the Topkapi Palace after it was among the belongings of Princess Fatima, heiress to the Khanate of Crimea.

Sword of the prophet David.
This sword is 101 cm. in lenghth; it has a leather hilt, silver pommel, and iron cross quard. It weighs 2,986 grams, and has a wide straight blade.

The staff of Moses.
The prophet Moses performed miracles with this staff, which turned into a serpent against the Pharaoh's magicians and parted the waters of the Red Sea.

A first time comprehensive album presenting the marvelous collection of the Sacred Relics in Topkapi Palace Museum , Istanbul

The Sacred Relics entrusted to the reader

Topkapi Palace was the residence of many Sultans and welcomed many visiting kings and ambassadors for centuries. However, what makes the palace so special is not only the former residents, but the Sacred Relics, which include personal belongings of prophets. Excavated from the most private and hidden rooms of the palace, the entire selection is compiled here for the first time, including those that are not on exhibit for daily visits. From the staff of Prophet Moses to the Mantle of Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon them, the Sacred Relics which Ottomans preserved in Topkapi Palace for centuries paying utmost respect, are presented in this book.

When Sultan Selim returned from the Egyptian campaign (1517), he brought to Istanbul the Sacred Relics from the treasuries of the Mamluk state, Abbasid Caliphate, and Hijaz Emirate.

Sultan Selim I began to collect the Sacred Relics at Topkapi Palace , and his successors continued the tradition until the beginning of the twentieth century. The sultans gathered the relics of the Prophet and other great Muslims, as well as items from respected religious sites. At the beginning of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, protecting relics from potential damage by the Wahhabis was a major concern. The Wahhabis thought those who showed reverence to objects were guilty of polytheism, so relics were sent to Istanbul for protection and care. During World War I, when the surrender of Madina was being considered, the city's guardian, Fahreddin Pasha, sent a number of valuable gifts which had been received over the centuries, along with some Sacred Relics, to Istanbul .

Most of these are preserved in the Topkapi Palace Treasury Collection. Today, there are 605 items registered in the Topkapi Palace Museum Division of Sacred Relics. Moreover, there are many objects that can be considered Sacred Relics cataloged in the museum's treasury, arms, clothes, and library divisions.

The items that belonged to the Prophet are called Amanat (Trusts), while the items belonging to other great Muslims or sacred places are called Tabarrukat (Sacred Objects). Today, all the items are called �Sacred Relics,� but in the past they were registered as Blessed Relics ( Al-Amanat al-Mubaraka ).

The Ottomans did not attribute any holiness to material objects; yet, they were well aware that property belonging to the Messenger of God had a share of divine blessings.

Tahsin Öz wrote the following in his book Emanat-i Mukaddese [The Sacred Relics] published in 1953: �The Sacred Relics were collected thanks to various historical manifestations of fate throughout centuries. This treasure passed to Turks piece by piece by efforts motivated by faith and sometimes by fortune. It is clear that they are not only sacred objects collected and preserved with a religious bond and love, but are valuable by world standards artistically and historically as well. The care and traditional respect shown for the protection of these sacred objects so far has been infinite. As long as we exist, this sacred duty will be performed with love, respect, and honor.�

THE HOLY MANTLE

Among all sacred relics, the Holy Mantle of Prophet Muhammad holds a special place. Due to their respect for this honorable memory from the Prophet, the sultans preserved it in gold cases in the Throne Room. Therefore, the entire complex which included the Throne Room, Audience Hall, dormitory for pages, and the Treasury hosted became to be called Apartments of the Holy Mantle.

Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, met opposition and resistance when he began calling people to Islam. One of his opponents was the poet Ka�b.

After the conquest of Makka, the poet began to hide. Having been reprimanded by his brother, Ka�b felt regret. Taking a risk, he secretly went to Madina in disguise and approached the Prophet to ask whether a person who repented his mistakes and embraced the faith would be forgiven or not. After the Messenger answered in the affirmative, the poet asked, �Even Ka�b ibn Zuhayr?� When the Prophet affirmed this, too, Ka'b revealed his identity and began to read a poem, �Ode to the Mantle,� which would become famous. As a reward the Messenger of God took off his mantle and put it on Ka�b ibn Zuhayr's shoulders.

COLLECTION

The collection consists of many objects, like Prophet Muhammad's mantle, standard, sandal, cup, footprint on a stone, swords, bow, his tooth that broke at Uhud, soil he used for ritual ablution, and his seal. They also include a cooking vessel of the prophet Abraham; the turban of the prophet Joseph; the sword of the prophet David; a strand from Abu Bakr's beard; the Qur'an that is believed to be the one Caliph �Uthman ibn �Affan was reading when he was assassinated; swords of the Prophet's companions; Fatima al-Zahra's blouse, veil, and mantle; her son Husayn's robe, his turban, and a piece of his mantle; Imam Abu Hanifa's robe; Uways al-Qarani's felt cap; the crowns of �Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani and Imam Sharani; the bowls of Jalal al-Din al-Rumi; the gold rain gutters of the Ka�ba; the gold and silver covers of the Black Stone; a wing of the Door of Repentance; the lock, keys, and covers of the Ka�ba; objects like hooks, candles, censers a nd rosewater flasks which were used in the Ka�ba or in Masjid al-Nabawi (the Prophet's Mosque); pieces of wood, stone, glass, porcelain tile, etc. used in repair of these places; covers and soil from the Prophet's tomb; and the dust called Jawhar al-Saadat [The Jewel of Bliss] which was collected while cleaning the Prophet's tomb. There are also items used for preserving the Sacred Relics through time, or for their transport from the Ka�ba, such as chests, drawers, covers (embroidered or plain), bundle wrappers, scabbards, and rahle s (low reading desks). In addition, there are brooms and dust pans used to clean the Privy Chamber; candles; aloe wood; framed inscriptions written by famous calligraphers or the sultans; writings describing the virtues of the Prophet ( hilya ); prayer rugs and prayer beads; copper and silver bowls; candles; dervish headgear; zamzam water pitchers; and handkerchiefs and blocks for printing on handkerchiefs.

About the author: Having specialized in art history, Hilmi Aydin is currently the deputy manager of the Topkapi Palace Museum , Istanbul . He used to be the divisional manager of Pavilion of the Sacred Relics until recently appointed to the current position.

http://www.thesacredtrusts.com/?AboutThisBook

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th May 2012 01:41
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2012 18:22
I think my book has arrived.

It will be a pleasure reading it and seeing all those items that belonged to our beloved prophets, Sahaba, Imams, etc etc.

InshaAllah, I will try and post images from there to share.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2012 20:33
A sample photo. I'm sorry, but if you want to view these images, you will have to be signed in (or sign up, its just the way the uploads work)InshaAllah, I will try and take the photos with a proper camera for better downloads. Current image is only 8mpix.

IMAG0007.jpg
Downloads: 276
    [1135.11 kB] hair strands of the prophet (saw)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2012 21:23
The prophets (saw) mantle. (jabbah) covered in green silk.

IMAG0009.jpg
Downloads: 318
    [2114.08 kB] the sacred mantle
+1 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2012 23:10
On second thoughts, instead of posting the picture's, why not take the tour yourself.

The book contains things in it that I don't quite like. Not sure if I would recommend it to anyone, especially at that price.

www.3dmekanlar.com/en/topkapi-palace.html
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2012 16:16
Istanbul mosque displays ‘Prophet’s mantle’

The “holy mantle of the Prophet” (shown) said to belong to Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)
in the ‘Hirka-i Serif’ mosque in the Turkish city of Istanbul (file photo)

Jul 22, 2012

Thousands of people in the Turkish city of Istanbul have visited a mosque to see a garment, known as “the Prophet’s holy mantle,” said to have belonged to Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).

The citizens of Istanbul visit the mosque, named “Hirka-i Serif,” every year on the occasion of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

The garment is said to have been gifted by Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) to one of his followers Uwais al-Qarani who was martyred in the Battle of Siffin.

Under the Abbasid dynasty, the holy mantle went to Baghdad, then to Cairo under the Mamluks, and finally, during the reign of Ottoman Sultans, to Istanbul by Sultan Selim in 1595 and preserved along with some other holy relics.

A mosque, the “Hirka-i Serif” in Istanbul, was later built by Ottoman Sultan Abdulhamit I in 1853 to keep and protect the mantle and allow people to visit the holy relic.

Traditionally, the garment was visited by the sultan, his family, and the court during a religious ceremony on the fifteenth day of Ramadan each year.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/07...s-holy-mantle/

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 27th November 2013 12:27
No post ratings
Rank Image
nyc
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 27th November 2013 12:39
Mashallah great info brother

I think I will order myself a copy too inshallah.its like rediscovering rasullullah ( sallallahualaihiwasallam ) all over again
Jazakullah
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 27th November 2013 12:43
This book is now readily available at certain book stores.

I've seen it more now since I got it.

For those who live in London, can visit White Chapel, there is a book shop near the main mosque where this book is on display in the window. MashaAllah, very beautifully put together.
No post ratings