Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Pictures from your Mobile (or camera)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 2.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Malak, muslimah101, Sheikh_Shuraim, Taqwah, Rumo, member2, abu mohammed, Yasin, sweetmuslimahk1, Seifeddine-M, Taalibah, Naqshband66, dr76, abuzayd2k
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#91 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2012 21:25
I've been noticing this extremely shining star for quite a few weeks.it's been standing out from the rest.so today I decided to take a picture of it and it looks just like your picture kind off but I don't think it's a planet. Actually it might be because now that that I think about it planet are stars.so I might have been seeing planets aswell all this time lol.
photo (2).JPG
Downloads: 149
    [437.87 kB] this ones zoomed out
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#92 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2012 21:44
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#93 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2012 22:53
@Rumo, I am pretty sure those are planets. They're moving and soon will be out of sight and also further apart from each other. Good job. I take it no one got a clear one of Mars? It's the only redish dot in the sky (East) wheras all the other visible planets are white and brighter. Also, I think it was yesterday but in the space of a few hours, 5 planets were visible to the naked eye.

I also recommend that thread by abu mohammed (I've always been fascinated with astronomy)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#94 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2012 01:15

"Rumo" wrote:
I've been noticing this extremely shining star for quite a few weeks.it's been standing out from the rest.so today I decided to take a picture of it and it looks just like your picture kind off but I don't think it's a planet. Actually it might be because now that that I think about it planet are stars.so I might have been seeing planets aswell all this time lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17312354

Venus and Jupiter to pass in the night sky

Planetary conjunction infographic

The pairing of Jupiter and Venus in the sky is set to reach its closest point in the coming days.

Despite being vastly far from one another in space, the conjunction will make them appear just a few degrees apart in the sky - about the width of a pair of fingers held at arm's length.

The pair can be seen to the west-southwest, shortly after sunset.

Venus is the brighter of the two, and Jupiter will appear to move in a line past it for the rest of the month.

The Slooh network of telescopes will be broadcasting the conjunction live on the web from 02:30 GMT on Monday morning.

This is an active period for planet-watchers. Last Monday, Mars made its closest approach to Earth in more than two years.

But the spectacle is not over. February saw the Moon join the celestial dance with the planetary pair; it will return in late March, appearing to head up and past the descending Jupiter and then Venus.

The most anticipated planetary event for 2012 will be the transit of Venus in early June, when it will appear from some locations on Earth to pass in front of the Sun.

Will you be looking at the night sky for Jupiter and Venus?

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#95 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2012 01:25
CHeck this out, Mars, Jupiter, Venus and Mercury all in one beautiful picture of a mosque.

www.flickr.com/photos/annamir/5745153380/

Scroll the mouse over the Stars to get a description of what you can see.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#96 [Permalink] Posted on 16th March 2012 19:45

I was once going through Camden Town and saw a T-Shirt and I really wanted to take a picture of it, but could not.

It reminds me of Maulana Masood Azhar's Couplet in Urdu, here is a rough translation, "If we can live with respect, then we shall live, other wise we shall drink Shahadat"

I have been searching for this for a very log time and by chance today, I manged to type in the correct words and the image was displayed in the very first page as the very first image.

I have been meaning to buy the t-shirt and spray fabric paint over the eyes, but it costs an arm and a leg. Khair at least I got the picture.

I could even use it as a contact image.

Peace_muslim_offset.jpg
Downloads: 248
    [105.17 kB] Guns & Roses
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#97 [Permalink] Posted on 16th March 2012 20:23
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#98 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd March 2012 09:34
People asking each other how the budget will affect them, and not many of us know how to work it out.

On my way in to work today, there was a copy of the Metro news paper sitting next to me with the information people want to know. So here's the picture.

If you click on the link, you can get a bigger picture.

IMAG0294.jpg
Downloads: 229
    [615.83 kB] The Budget and how it affects us.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#99 [Permalink] Posted on 29th March 2012 20:22

"abu mohammed" wrote:
I've been meaning to add this for a very long time. Computers for donation. WHY? www.muftisays.com/charityshop/product/16-computers.html

Admin, these have all gone to charity. Can they be removed from the charity shop. I came home from the mosque only to see an Islamic charity shop van outside taking everything away. Alhumdulillah my intention has been fulfilled.Sorry I couldn't get funds for this site but I shall donate £50 towards it for the additional reward. InshaAllah.

IMAG0342.jpg
Downloads: 101
    [733.40 kB] donations given to islamic charity.
+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#100 [Permalink] Posted on 29th March 2012 20:52
Brilliant. Glad it went to a good cause. Sometimes people put up things like this with best of intentions, it sits and sits until it ends up in the bin due to space. Imagine this one thing turns the life of a deprived child and gives them success for themselves and their family and we wouldn't even know it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#101 [Permalink] Posted on 29th March 2012 21:04
Amount transfered to same place for use as and when it is needed for any part of Muftisays.

Jazakallahu Khair.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#102 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2012 15:26
Talking of stars and planets, check out the centre page spread of todays Guardian news paper.

Awesome. It's called the Tarantula nebula.
IMAG0356.jpg
Downloads: 203
    [899.43 kB] Tarantula nebula
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#103 [Permalink] Posted on 19th April 2012 15:30
No post ratings
UK