Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 

Pictures from your Mobile (or camera)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 2.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Malak, muslimah101, Sheikh_Shuraim, Taqwah, Rumo, member2, abu mohammed, Yasin, sweetmuslimahk1, Seifeddine-M, Taalibah, Naqshband66, dr76, abuzayd2k
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,591
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2012 21:22
I love the beautiful scene inside the Haram in Makkah with all the "safs" going round in a circle. Its beautiful. I always wanted to see the saf go round and round and round across the city and the world. InshaAllah one day I'll do a close up of the city of Makkah and draw safs all the way round.

Below is an example of the safs going around the word. It's not complete, I'll finish it another time inshaAllah and some colour too.

[Edit: preview removed for now - test stage]
IMAG0268.jpg
Downloads: 2626
    [1247.83 kB] Safs around the world.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
86
Sister
202
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2012 22:21
The fallen telephone boxes in London.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,591
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2012 22:24
In the post above, click Attachments and everything should be straight forward. Although I'm not sure you can upload attachments due to the number of posts you have, i.e. 1

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
86
Sister
202
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2012 22:26
Dont worry i figured it out once i had posted my first post lol
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,591
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2012 22:26
Ok, so you've done it. Great. Keep them Halal and welcome to the site.

By the way, I think I've seen that before but cant remember where. (in real life, not in a photo)

Is it somewhere on the outskirts? Or is it in Central London. I know I've been there.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
86
Sister
202
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2012 22:31
i think i took this in kingston if i remember right.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,591
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2012 22:39
Oh yes, that's right.

I went to Kingston town centre once to install a phone system in one of the shops. I had to walk round for ages just looking for the shop. I must say I haven't been there for years. I've been to the Mosque there just off one of the main roads to do Jumu'ah on a few occasion. The mosque had signs on the main road which made it easier to find.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
6,700
Brother
945
Yasin's avatar
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2012 23:01
The address bar at bottom and full screen browser actually looks pretty good. Yes I think I might give it a try on a spare PC but none connected yet so I'll be in touch soon inshaAllah.

Re: Safs. Did you do that image?



The phone boxes are true? As in are they proper boothes that fell or are they just made like as an attraction?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,591
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2012 23:29
Phone booths are true. They are known as Kingstons only landmark.

Re safs; yes I drew that with a compass to create circles and created my vision.

Re win8; let me know, inshaAllah i'll get it to you somehow.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,591
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2012 16:19
Talking of phone booths, there's one right next to my desk at the office.

It's a real working phone.


IMAG0270.jpg
Downloads: 698
    [887.27 kB] Phone booth in our office
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,591
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2012 18:47
Has anyone seen the 3D puzzle of the Haram that is sold in Makkah.

it comes in a flat pack with the worst set of instructions ever. It looks nice once built.

My brother actually got it for my son as a gift when we went for Umrah a couple of years ago.

We opened the pack, got bamboozled and left it for about a year. Then one day, something inspired my brother and he got stuck into in. Alhumdulillah, after a few days stuck in his room, he came out with a beautiful surprise.

The puzzle now sits on a table in the front hallway of my house next to a couple of my drawings.

IMAG0271.jpg
Downloads: 437
    [472.92 kB] 3D puzzle rhs
IMAG0272.jpg
Downloads: 389
    [602.35 kB] 3D puzzle lhs
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,591
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2012 20:07



Cant post two images in one post.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Yasin's avatar
UK
6,700
Brother
945
Yasin's avatar
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2012 19:25
11th march. taken earlier. First image, looking east, a slight redish dot much more visible than stars is the planet Mars.

Looking west (face Qiblah and look right) you will see two very bright 'stars' like objects. The brighter one to the right is the planet Venus and the one on the left is Jupiter.

Now you can say you have seen those planets with your naked eye. No telescopes required.

I've attached the images I took in night mode, hope it's clear
2012-03-11 18.51.44.jpg
Downloads: 49
    [1504.45 kB] Mars with naked eye
2012-03-11 18.51.24.jpg
Downloads: 38
    [1194.81 kB] Venus and jupiter
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
back to top
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
London
27,591
Brother
9,606
abu mohammed's avatar
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2012 20:04
I was actually looking at the stars ater reading brother Muadh's sutff on how to find Qiblah using the stars.

I saw those stars in the sky and said to my son, "Look at those stars, they are planets Venus and Jupiter" so he replied;
"Yeh right, so how can we see them." The next day he went to school and told his mates who just laughed at him. Now that you have posted these pictures, I just showed him and he couldnt beleive it and said "I thought you were joking, watch I'm gonna tell my friends again and tell them its on mufti says too."
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top
Rank Image
Daywalk3r's avatar
Offline
UK
1,431
Brother
691
Daywalk3r's avatar
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 11th March 2012 21:08
Assalaamsww ,

inshallah some time in the very near future i'll be going with some ulama from the newham/romford rd area accompanying them when they go for their subha-sadiq observations on walton-on naze. i'll try my best to take some pics to post here inshallah my n8's camera can capture some good shots. if if cant, inshallah i'll try to find someone who's got a professional camera that can take good quality night time shots (if anyone knows of a camera that takes good night time shots please post the model/make details here so i can try getting hold of one or one with similar specs).
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
back to top

Jump to page: