I don't quite understand the reason behind not allowing worshippers to drink ZamZam. It's not like there has ever been a dispute amongst the Muslims about the status of that water or its beneficial properties. It is accepted by anyone who has the slightest bit of emaan. So why stop people from consuming something that could actually help in these difficult times?
MAKKAH — Dr. Naeem Khaled Choudhary, a specialist surgeon at Makkah’s Hera General Hospital, died of coronavirus. This was the first case of an expatriate doctor succumbing to the pandemic in the holy city.
The Health Affairs Department in Makkah mourned the death of Choudhary, describing him a role model for the medical staff for his tireless and brave efforts to combat the pandemic.
Dr. Wael Hamzah Mutair, director general of Health Affairs in Makkah region, said that the deceased Choudhary, aged 47, was working with the General Surgery Department of Hira General Hospital.
Choudhary was one of the best medical professionals under the health department of Makkah who was on the forefront of the ongoing fight against the pandemic. We consider him to be one of the martyrs who stood at the first lines of defense,” he said.
The colleagues of Choudhary in the surgical department of the government hospital mourned the unexpected demise of their beloved colleague, saying they were distressed with hearing the tragic news of their dear friend’s passing, who was known for his gentle and nice behavior.
For his part, Dr. Walid Al-Amri, director of Hira General Hospital, prayed to God to shower mercy and forgiveness on him and accommodate him in Paradise and give patience and courage to the bereaved family members to bear with the irreparable loss.
Dr. Choudhary is survived by three daughters who are residing in Makkah. Last Month, Makkah witnessed the death of a Saudi nurse, Khaled Abdullah Al-Husseini, who worked at King Abdulaziz Hospital, due to coronavirus.
Saudi Arabia reimposes coronavirus restrictions in Jeddah
JEDDAH — The authorities in Saudi Arabia have decided to re-tighten the health precautions in the city of Jeddah for a period of 15 days, beginning on Saturday (June 6) until June 20, Saudi Press Agency reported on Friday, citing an official source at the Ministry of Interior.
The move is based on the recommendations made by the competent health authorities after reviewing the epidemiological situation and the high occupancy levels of the intensive care units in the city.
The strict precautions to be applied again in Jeddah will be as follows:
— Reimposition of curfew across the city from 3 p.m. until 6 a.m.
— Suspension of prayers in mosques.
— Suspension of workplace attendance in ministries, government agencies and private sector companies.
— Suspension of dining in restaurants and cafes.
— Prevention of any gatherings of more than five people.
However, all domestic travel by air and land will be allowed, and entry into and out of the city will not be restricted outside the curfew hours.
The exempt categories according to previous decisions will continue to carry out their work and take into consideration that this ought to be in the narrowest scope, in line with the measures and controls laid down by the competent authorities.
The source stressed continuing monitoring the number of critical cases in Riyadh city, which have been witnessing a continuous rise recently. This is in preparation for taking the appropriate measures if this rise continues.
The source pointed out that the situation in the rest of the cities and governorates of the Kingdom will continue to be the same as it is now.
If there are signs calling for a change in the mechanism to be made in any region, governorate, city or neighborhood, it would be done in due course.
At the outset of his statement, the MOI official source stressed that today’s statement is based on the stipulations in the earlier statement published on May 25, 2020, that all the measures mentioned in it are subject to assessment and periodic revision, to determine if there is need for extension of any stage or revoking it and taking stricter precautionary measures, in line with the health requirements.
Saudi Arabia considers limiting haj pilgrims amid COVID-19 fears
DUBAI/RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia could drastically limit numbers at the annual haj pilgrimage to prevent a further outbreak of coronavirus after cases in the country topped 100,000, sources familiar with the matter said on Monday.
Some 2.5 million pilgrims visit the holiest sites of Islam in Mecca and Medina for the week-long haj, a once-in-a-lifetime duty for every able-bodied Muslim who can afford it. Official data show haj and the lesser, year-round umrah pilgrimage earn the kingdom about $12 billion a year.
Saudi Arabia asked Muslims in March to put haj plans on hold and suspended umrah until further notice.
Two sources familiar with the matter said authorities are now considering allowing "only symbolic numbers" this year, with restrictions including a ban on older pilgrims and additional health checks.
With strict procedures, authorities think it may be possible to allow in up to 20% of each country's regular quota of pilgrims, another source familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Some officials are still pushing for a cancellation of the haj, expected to start in late July, the three sources said.
The government media office and a spokesman for the haj and umrah ministry did not respond to requests for comment.
Limiting or cancelling haj will further pressure government finances hit by the plunge in oil prices and the pandemic. Analysts predict a severe economic contraction this year.
The kingdom halted international passenger flights in March, and on Friday it reimposed a curfew in Jeddah, where haj flights land, after a spike in infections in the city.
In 2019, around 19 million pilgrims attended umrah while haj drew 2.6 million. An economic reform plan of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman aims to increase umrah and haj capacity to 30 million pilgrims annually and generate 50 billion riyals ($13.32 billion) of revenues by 2030.
5,200 Madinah residents take part in COVID-19 testing initiative
An estimated 5,200 people attended COVID-19 testing sites
MADINAH: Thousands of residents in the holy city of Madinah have taken advantage of a health initiative aimed at preventing the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
An estimated 5,200 people attended COVID-19 testing sites set up by Madinah municipality in the central fruit and vegetable market, souks, malls, shops, and residential neighborhoods.
The thermal imaging and mass testing stations were established with the aim of helping to stop the virus from spreading in areas populated by migrant workers through the process of early detection using mobile thermal cameras.
Residents were also given instructions on COVID-19 prevention, hygiene, the correct and safe use of disinfectants, and the importance of social distancing.
Guidelines on what actions to take over suspected cases of COVID-19 were outlined too, with people advised to isolate immediately and contact the health ministry’s call center on 937
This cannot be undone and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.
We apologise but you have been denied access to report posts in this thread. This could be due to excessively reporting posts and not understanding our forum rules. For assistance or information, please use the forum help thread to request more information. Jazakallah