Muftī Muhammad Naeem Ṣāḥib's praise of the app's categorization of "ṣaḥīḥ" and "ḍaʿīf" for the four Sunan books (from Shaykh al-Albānī's categorizations) is fairly alarming. One of our ʿulamāʾ with whom I spoke shared the same concerns.
Not sure if the alerts work, but the timing is excellent.
The top widget is the one I'm referring to. I keep it on the home screen. The other two widgets are from prayer time Pro, but they do no have a decent summer time timetable for us. But otherwise, prayer time Pro is just as good if summer time does not affect your location. Screenshot taken in London UK near Wembley Football Stadium, however, local Masjid is 17 miles away approx.
This is an upgrade from the previous version of Masjid Timetable. It has a completely new look but this is not an Android Update. This has been built from the ground up.
The Islamic Crescents Observation for the UK (ICOUK) Hijri Calendar Widgets are based on verified Moon Sighting reports by the human eye (Muhaqaq Ruyat Al-Basari), which makes it a unique product of its kind. It will automatically synchronise the dates in the background on a regular basis with our database servers via the Internet but it will continue to work off-line when there is no internet connection. There are two Widgets provided, one for the Daily Hijri date (suitable for the Home Screen) and the other one for the Monthly Calendar (suitable for the next screen).
The Calendar Widget also provides future monthly dates based on predicted moon sighting (Imkan Al-Ruyat) for planning purposes (e.g. holiday and travel bookings) up to 2 years ahead, but the dates are synchronised on the 29th lunar date of each month (or on-demand). The predicted future dates have been tested over 10 years (since 2008) by the ICOUK observers and have been found to be highly accurate with actual sighting dates, so it is an excellent planning tool, too.
Even though by default the Hijri Dates are based on actual Moon Signing in the UK to Morocco region, it can be used from outside this Region and hence the Widgets can be adjusted with the local Hijri calendar with up to +/- 2 days differences. In the vast majority of the cases, only +/- 1 day adjustment will be sufficient to make the Widgets usable effectively throughout the whole world (since it is based on the centre of the world map), so there should not be any need to use a local calendar-based App or Widget by travellers from the UK/Morocco region to other countries.
The above adjustments will allow it to easily match it with the civil calendar of Saudi Arabia (Ummul Qura) or with Moon Sighting news from the Southern Hemisphere. It is provided in both the English and the Arabic languages to meet the demands of most users.
The summary of the Widget features are provided in the following list:
• Hijri dates are based on verified moon sighting reports by the human eye
• All the Hijri dates and settings are synchronised with online servers
• Future Hijri dates are provided based on predicted sightings (Imkan Al Ruyat)
• Both the Hijri and the Gregorian dates are provided on the same calendar
• Past and future monthly calendars can be easily viewed with navigation buttons
• Day and Month Adjustments are provided for users from outside the UK
• Hijri dates and help-texts can be viewed in both English and Arabic languages
• Islamic Holidays and Events will appear on the relevant Hijri date as reminders
• Daily and Monthly Hijri dates can be used separately (with the Day Adjust setting)
• The Fore and Background colours can be adjusted to match the device wall-paper
We have provided ample help-text in English and Arabic to make it easier for you to get the best use of our ICOUK Hijri Calendar Widgets. If you have any difficulties using it, please contact us before leaving any negative comments. Your positive feedback ratings will encourage us to add more useful features in the future versions (such as daily prayer times), InShaAllah.
Urdu Translation of Quran with Explanatory notes by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani
قرآنِ کریم اللہ تعالیٰ کی وہ کتاب ہے جو بذاتِ خود ایک عظیم معجزہ ہے ، اس لئے اُس کا ٹھیک ٹھیک ترجمہ جو قرآنِ کریم کی بلاغت اور اس کے بے مثال اُسلوب اور تأثیر کو کسی دُوسری زبان میں منتقل کردے ، بالکل ناممکن ہے۔لیکن اپنی بساط کی حد تک بندہ نےیہ کوشش کی ہے کہ قرآنِ کریم کا مطلب آسان ،بامحاورہ اور رواں انداز میں واضح ہوجائے ۔یہ ترجمہ بالکل لفظی ترجمہ بھی نہیں ہے،اور اتنا آزاد بھی نہیں ہے جو قرآنِ کریم کے الفاظ سے دُور چلا جائے۔ وضاحت کو پیشِ نظر رکھنے کے ساتھ ساتھ حتی الوسع قرآنِ کریم کے الفاظ سے بھی قریب رہنےکی کوشش کی گئی ہے، اور جہاں قرآنِ کریم کے الفاظ میں ایک سے زیادہ تفسیروں کا احتمال ہے، وہاں یہ کوشش بھی کی گئی ہے کہ ترجمے کے الفاظ میں بھی وہ احتمالات باقی رہیں۔اور جہاں ایسا ممکن نہ ہوسکا،وہاں سلف کے مطابق جو تفسیر زیادہ راجح معلوم ہوئی، اُس کے مطابق ترجمہ کیاگیاہے۔ تشتریحی حواشی میں صرف اس بات کا لحاظ رکھا گیا ہے کہ ترجمہ پڑھنے والے کو جہاں مطلب سمجھنے میں کچھ دُشواری ہو، وہاں وہ حاشیہ کی تشریح سے مدد لے سکے، لمبے تفسیری مباحث اور علمی تحقیقات کو نہیں چھیڑا گیا، کیونکہ اس کے لئے بفضلہٖ تعالیٰ مفصل تفسیریں موجود ہیں۔ البتہ ان مختصر حواشی میں چھنی چھنائی بات عرض کرنے کی کوشش کی گئی ہے جو بہت سی کتابوں کے مطالعے کے بعد حاصل ہوئی ہے۔ الحمد اللہ! مکتبہ معارف القرآن نے مولانا حق نواز صاحب کے ذریعے اینڈ رائڈ فون کے لئے اس کی اپلیکیشن بڑی محبت اور محنت سے تیار کی ہے جسمیں متعدد سہولیات موجود ہیں اور تلاش کی سہولت نےپڑھنے والے کیلئے اس سے استفادہ بہت آسان بنادیاہے۔
جزاکم اللہ خیرا الجزاء محمد تقی عثمانی
اس ایپ میں موجود ترجمہ اور تفسیر کا ڈیٹا صرف دینی مقاصد کے استعمال کے لیے ہے۔ مفتی محمد تقی عثمانی صاحب کی اجازت کے بغیر اس ڈیٹا سے کسی بھی قسم کا تجارتی نفع اٹھانا ممنوع ہے۔ ایسا کرنے والے شخص یا ادارے کے خلاف قانونی کاروائی کی جائے گی۔
Mufti Taqi Usmani: The Nobel Quran. Maktaba Mariful Quran
Before studying the translation of the Holy Qurʾān, it is necessary to keep the
Before studying the translation of the Holy Qurʾān, it is necessary to keep the following points in mind:
(1) The Holy Qurʾān is the Divine Book of guidance that was revealed to the Holy Prophet Muhammad. Instead of sending it down in a single transaction, Allah Almighty has revealed it in parts during the period of last 23 years of the life of the Holy Prophet . For, as the Last Messenger of Allah on this earth, the Holy Prophet had to pass through different phases during his struggle for propagation of Islam, and needed to receive divine instructions on each new situation arising in the course of his struggle. At times, therefore, he received detailed discourses, and at others only one verse or a part of it, according to the requirement of each respective situation.
(2) That is the reason why the Holy Qurʾān is not in the form of normal books that deal with every aspect of a subject at one place, then move on to other subjects, or in which every subject is discussed in a different chapter. The Holy Qurʾān is rather a package of divine verses—each one having an independent point of guidance—which sometimes appears to be disjointed with the foregoing or forthcoming points, though having a fine tune of linkage if considered in depth. Similarly, different aspects of one subject are often found in different chapters, because every aspect was revealed whenever it was needed in the relevant circumstances.
(3) As admitted by even non-Muslim Arabs, the Holy Qurʾān has a unique literary style in Arabic, which has no parallel in the history of Arabic literature. Its miraculous beauty, eloquence and grandeur cannot be accurately rendered in any other language, nor can a translator convey the effect of its most impressive expressions in exact proportion. All one can do is to try to transmit the basic sense of its verses within the limits of a translation, which is often devoid of force and bereft of the peculiar sequence and rhythm of the original text. Thus a translation of the Holy Qurʾān can help one understand its basic message, but it can by no means represent or stand for the Holy Qurʾān itself, nor is it a just attitude to form an opinion about it merely on the basis of a translation.
(4) The present translation is an effort to render the basic meanings of the Holy Qurʾān in a simple and easy language. It is, therefore, neither too literal that may be difficult for a common reader to understand, nor is it too liberal that it may take the reader too far from the Holy Text itself. I have tried to accommodate different interpretations that were reasonably possible in some verses, but where I failed to do so, I have adopted the interpretation preferred by majority of the classic exegeses.
(5) The footnotes in this book are not meant to give a comprehensive commentary on the Holy Book, for which detailed commentaries, like Ma‘ariful Qur’an, may be consulted. The notes are rather meant only to explain the translation wherever a common reader may find some difficulty in understanding the correct connotation of the text, or where he needs to know the backdrop of the revelation of a particular verse.
Tarteel is the world’s first AI-powered Quran app and just what you need to further your Quran journey. You’re one tap away from engaging with the words of Allah like never before, and all you need is your voice. Tap the microphone, recite, and watch the verses appear in front of you.
Using intuitive artificial intelligence, Tarteel unlocks the Quran and creates a tailored experience for its user, interacting with your recitation and keeping track of your activity to accommodate your working patterns and goals. Think of it as your very own assistant, ready to listen and connect you with the Quran anytime, anywhere. Tarteel exists to help every user make a deep connection with the Quran and maintain it. Improve your recitation, boost your confidence and build habits that last a lifetime.
Tarteel is free to use with no ads and prioritizes user privacy. The team is led by Islamic values and a passion for using innovative tech to serve the Muslim Ummah.
Advance your Quran memorization with a paid subscription to Tarteel Premium. Features include:
- Memorization Mistake Detection
Start reciting and you’ll be notified whenever you miss a word, use the wrong word or say one word too many! Tarteel will highlight your mistakes and keep track so you can revise and review for next time. Currently, this feature does not include Tajweed or pronunciation correction, but we are working towards incorporating them into Tarteel in due course.
- Advanced Memorization Mode
Hide the script and recite; Tarteel will highlight verses and follow along with your recitation so you can check your memorization as you go. You’re one step closer to perfecting that verse!
- Audio Playback
Listen to your own recitation and pinpoint where you need to improve.
Create goals related to your engagement with the Quran and start building lifelong habits.
- Advanced Progress Tracking
Check if you’re reaching your goals with detailed analytics around your Quran engagement.
Tarteel requires microphone access and a stable internet connection in order for its voice features to function properly. Please ensure you allow Tarteel to access these permissions on your device.
This cannot be undone and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.
We apologise but you have been denied access to report posts in this thread. This could be due to excessively reporting posts and not understanding our forum rules. For assistance or information, please use the forum help thread to request more information. Jazakallah