Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Where Does Allah Live? (discussion everyone welcome)

You have contributed 14.8% of this topic

Topic Poll
What do you think of this discussion?

Please vote to view the results or click here to see results
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taqwah, Seifeddine-M, sweetmuslimahk1, member2, ummi taalib, muslimah101, abu mohammed, Coloratura
5 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2011 11:57

"sister-in-islam" wrote:
"Muadh_Khan" wrote:
"sister-in-islam" wrote:
Questioner United Kingdom Title Where Does Allah Live? Question My son is 6 years old and sometimes he asks questions like where does Allah (SWT) lives, and does Allah (SWT) look like us ( has 2 eyes, ears, nose, etc ). He sees according to his vision /environment. What is the best answer ? I have to be careful in how I answer his questions, otherwise he may see the negative side of Allah which is I want to avoid, hence I need your help. so brothers and sisters what would you say to your little ones if you was asked these questions. EG.. what dose Allah's house look like? where dose Allah be? and so on. How do you explain to 6 or younger child about Allah.?
  :-) This child is showing early signs of Salaffiyyah and he should be grounded until his tendencies return to Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaah :- ) :- ) : - ) : - ) Does he show any other signs like praying while his legs are 1 mile apart? If he is not exhibiting that behavior then there is still hope! :-) :-) :-) If his legs are 1 mile apart and he also ties his hands on his neck duing salah...Sorry to break to you but he's a gonner!
Oh suger here we go again, sect sect sect cant an Innocent Child be curious about Allah in a very innocent way,which so many children do,kids ask what kind house dose Allah live in or what clothes he wears..but no we must "label him because of his inncent questions" A child is none the wiser about what sect is?any way there are grown ups who only can digest their food once they are sure that the cook was of their sect

:-)

• I was given Brith by a Syed Barelwee mother
  • Dr Khalida Zia (RA) who was present at my brith was "Ahl-e-Hadeeth" and may Allah (SWT) forgive her sins (Ameen).... :-) I mean seriously!!!
  • The nurse who dropped me on my head when I was born was probably a Barelwee
  • My dad's Peer was a deobandi
  • The only relative from my dad's family I ever saw was "Salafi"

So all my life I have been around "Sects", is it surprising that I am confused???

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2011 12:08
You was dropped on your head? now that explains alot,sorry not saying it in bad way but in a cheeky way

you or confused?well i would have never guessed that, sorry another cheeky remark out of me.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2011 12:20

"sister-in-islam" wrote:
You was dropped on your head? now that explains alot,sorry not saying it in bad way but in a cheeky way. you or confused?well i would have never guessed that, sorry another cheeky remark out of me.

I blame women! : - )

• Barelwee Mother
  • Ahl-e-Hadeeth Doctor
  • "whatever" Nurse

I remember reading that a Christian slave hated women a lot but loved his Muslim Master but his Muslim Master once joked that he is about to get married.

This slave tried to convince him every which way and then finally said, "Destruction falls upon the building which has a woman in it, so we will have to live separately from this woman as I don't want any harm coming to you or me!"

Master asked, "How about you? Didn't a women carry you inside of her?"

Slave replied, "That was the will of God and if I was consulted then I would have asked to be born from you, O Master"

Then they have some other convesations about Jesus, Allah (SWT) and Taqdeer etc...

It was so funny when reading it...Translating in English doesn't sound right!

No post ratings
Rank Image
westmidlands
Sister
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 28th February 2011 12:39
Are you hinting brother? that women are Destruction of this world? if thats the case then you are right to some extend..sorry no offence to women.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 26th September 2011 14:50
I just went through this whole thread again as I noticed the poll.

I dont understand where/why/how this thread was a waste of time. (two guests voted "waste of time")

Everyones contribution has helped although the topic changed further down the posts. overall, its brilliant.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2011 20:13
Some questions from my 5 year old daughter.

1. Why do we have to die?
2. What happens when we die?
3. Will we get to see Allah?
4. If Allah puts me in the fire, can it be the same as Ibrajim (as)? (she got this from her story book)

Many more questions coming. Alhumdulillah, Answering and explaining them was not a problem. But can you imagine these qs coming from a scared 5 year old. MashaAllah.

(3 guests think this is a waste of time, oh please)
No post ratings
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2012 20:53
salaam,i would like to point out that every one do not say where allah lives because i am learn about that.

by hidayah afzal age 10.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2012 23:03
MashaAllah. May Allah reward you and give you great understanding hidayah afzal.

It is a very important topic, young or old and we must all get it right. Jazakallah, please make dua for us too.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 10:30
+2 -0Like x 2
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 10:33
hah, so the salafi actually do biddah them selves by asking this question.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 11:31
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2012 18:41
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2012 09:47

"hmdsalahuddin" wrote:
"Muadh_Khan" wrote:
Asslamo Allaikum, I also request people to look at this old thread of mine www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?46137-3-min-discu... Simple way to SHUT Salafees up on discussion attributes...  
Assalamu alaikum, Miss you very much on sunni forum.....

W-Salam,

Jazakullah Khairun brother and your duas are requested.

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2012 02:13
Astaghfirullaah!! How can people think this topic is wasteful!! Khair...we should pray for their correct guidance, Inshaa-Allaah.

Previous Experience (if it's of any relevance): I have a 7 year old brother who is like my own son, as bringing him up is my responsibility, also Working in an Islamic Primary School, we have to deal with this issue on yearly basis with 60 NEW kids every year, AND the existing students who are currently getting older (Year 1, 2 and so on..) and ask these type of questions.

I wont go in to much detail at the moment in regards, but will highlight a few key points, Insha-Allaah.

1) First and most important, we have to explain to the children in a way which is suited to their intellect (all children are different), i.e. the words we use, etc. Try to be and keep it as simple as possible, without using any NEW words. The reason for this, is that you are teaching them very important and fundamental things, which will not be as straight forward for some to understand, and having to learn new words can make it harder - So just for this type of questions keep it basic.

2) Try and use examples of their interest. For example, if they like playing hide and seek, explain to them how at times when they hide and think we can't see them, but at times they cant see us from where they are hiding but we can see them, and try it in a practical way, like tell them to hide next to the side of the sofa, they won't be able to see you from there but you can see them. Also, this will indicate to them, that Allaah is at a high position where he can see everything. (The reason why I would say 'at times' is because if we say we always see them, they may get upset that you can always see them and would not want to or be able to play these games with you - These are merely games, but it creates a bond with the children in a very unknowing way)

3) In our daily activities, try to include these things. Obviously we may not get a situation every day, but when we do get a chance, we should always utilise it for their education and benefit.

4) Try to narrate stories of pious predecessors who had similar incidences and explained to the children. A famous incident comes to mind about the person who gave the children a sweet to it and said to eat it somewhere anybody can't see you, or the one of the scholar who told his students to slaughter the chicken in a place where no one can see them...etc.

5) Sometimes children do things behind our back, like maybe eat a sweet when they're not meant to, or watch cartoons at home and the father advises not to but the mother is more chilled out about it or vice versa, and they may be watching it when you (the disapprover of it in the family) walk in or they try to quickly change it. You may stop them, or tell them they should not fear you as you cant always see them and its not you who has said it is wrong, but it is Allaah who has said it is wrong, and instead of telling them that Allaah is watching you. When you see them do this, ask them were you watching it coz I couldn't see you? they will most probably in their naivety reply "yes", or you ask them "I did not know or could not see you, but who can see the smallest and most tiny ants or insects in the darkest room/night?" They will reply "Allaah" then you ask them, "so who was watching or could see you and knew what you were even thou I couldn't? Then you can ask them, "so should you be not watching coz of me or because it upsets Allaah?" and just remind them, they should not fear us but should fear Allaah, as he sees and knows all that we do - This is basically creating Taqwa (Allaah consciousness) in them from a very young age.

6) The key thing is always have this concern and Allaah will indeed bring things in to your mind that you never even thought of, and will also make this task easier, Inshaa-Allaah. And you will notice amongst children and siblings they will eventually remind each other of this, either the older will tell the younger but at times vice versa, as at times younger one's seem more enthusiastic and fascinated about these sort of things, and this is when we start reaping the fruits of our effort upon seeing this.

NOTE: At times they have understood, but will still may pose a question like "can Allaah even see TINY TINY ants when its REALLY REALLY DARK?" or "does Allaah know how many people are in the world, or does he know all the animals in the world, etc".

Just a few points that came to mind at this time of night. I hope and pray this will be of benefit to some.

If anything good has been said then it is from Allaah, and if anything incorrect has been said then it is due to lack of knowledge.

Please fell free to comment, add or correct me, for us all to benefit from.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2012 02:33
A way of explaining where does Allaah live....

child: Mummy/Daddy!

parent: yes my darling/child!

child: Where does Allaah live?

Parent: "Where do kings live?"

Child: "in their palace"

Parent: "where are their palaces"

child: "in a special places"

parent: Allaah also lives in a special place, and not everyone can go to His house."

child: "Why can't we go to Allaah's house/palace?"

parent: "Can everyone go to see the king?"

Child: "No! Only who He chooses or special people"

Parent: "The same way only people Allaah chooses can go to His house (Prophets), or special people.

child: "who are the special people?"

parent: "people who listen to what He says and follow His commands/what He says to do, then they will become special and be able to go to His house, Inshaa-Allaah."

child: "I want to go to see Allaah in His house"

I'm sure you know where it's going from here....

Note: For slightly younger children (4/5 - nursery/reception age) the questions can be put to them in a rhetoric sense, then answered to them and they will acknowledge, and most probably ask more questions with them as they love doing...

Allaah bless all children...with the light of Eemaan, Aameen.
+4 -0Like x 3