Dear son/daughter...
The day that you see me old, have patience and try to understand me.
If I get dirty when eating.....if I can not dress.....have patience.
Remember the hours I spent teaching it to you.
If, when I speak to you, I repeat the same things a thousand and one
times.....do not interrupt me.....listen to me.
When you were small, I had to read to you a thousand and one times the
same story until you got to sleep......
When you see my ignorance on new technologies. give me the necessary
time and not look at me with your mocking smile......
I taught you how to do so many things.....to eat good, to dress
well......to confront life.......
When at some moment I lose my memory or the thread of our
conversation. let me have the necessary time to remember....and if I
cannot do it, do not become nervous......as the most important thing
is not my conversation but surely to be with you and to have you
listening to me........
If ever I do not want to eat, do not force me. I know well when I need
to and when not.
When my tired legs do not allow me to walk.......
......give me your hand.......the same way I did when you made your
first steps.
And when someday I become moody, and say a few nasty things......do
not get angry.......some day you will understand.....
Try to understand that my age is not lived but survived.
Some day you will discover that, despite my mistakes, I always wanted
the best thing for you and that I tried to prepare the way for
you......
You must not feel sad, angry or impotent at seeing me near you. You
must be next to me. Try to understand me and help me as I did with you
when you started your life.
Help me to walk......help me to end my way with love and patience. I
will pay you with a smile and by the immense love I have had always
for you.
I love you my child......
******************
The Messenger of Allah
said: "Every righteous child who casts a look of mercy and affection upon his parents shall be granted, for every look of his, rewards equivalent to that of an accepted Hajj."
Those around the Prophet
questioned: "O Prophet of Allah! Even if he were to look at them a hundred times a day?"
The Messenger of Allah
replied: "Indeed! Allah is the Greatest and Most Kind.
Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour. And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say, `My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood. (Qur'an 17:23-24)
Anas
reported that the Prophet
said, "Whosoever wants comfort, sustenance and long life should do good to his blood relations and treat his parents well." (Ahmad)
Abu Huraira
reported that the Prophet
once said, "May his nose be smeared in dust." Someone asked to whom was he referring to.The Prophet
said, that the man, who has aged parents and did not avail himself of the opportunity to secure Paradise." (Bukhari, Muslim)


