Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Alimah Classes- Enrol for 2007

You have contributed 30.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th April 2007 19:38
Assalamu Alaykum,

Madrassah Al Zahra, London are taking in applications for their new classes opening after Ramadhan. Places are limited.

Please visit: http://www.the-deen.co.uk/alzahra.php for further information.

To request an application form please email alzahra@the-deen.co.uk with Subject: MADRASSAH AL ZAHRA ENROLEMENT FORM.

Here is an extract from the site

Quote:

Madrassah Al Zahra are taking students to join the new Aalimah class opening after Ramadhan (September) 2007. The classes are held in Walthamstow and Tooting, London. Enrolment forms need to be submitted early to avoid disappointment as places are limited. After the enrolment forms have been approved by the administration department we will contact you informing you the date of your interview.

Students applying must be over the age of 11 and there is no age limit. Students are required to be very dedicated and be able to manage time well.
Currently there are seven classes running, and one class has graduated.

NB- Alimah class for sisters only.

Wassalam
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2007 16:14
Sister, you were going to ask about Alimah classes starting up in clapton (or anywhere else in hackney). Did you get round to it?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 10th April 2007 16:32
Assalamu Alaykum,

If you could forward some details of where abouts (more specifically) and who would be interested to the email address provided above that will help towards finding out if we can open some classes.

We can also provide you with some more info about the Madrassah insha'Allah.

Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 11:36
Alhammdulillah, Moulana Bilal has given my local mufti's wife the encouragement to start Alimah classes here in stamfordhill. she is looking for Alimahs to teach. also, if anyone is interested in taking part in these classes, pls let me know. the classes will take place in someones house, which means the fees shall be reduced in price.
No post ratings
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 12:27
just a personal comment. i really dont think aalimah classss are that much needed. whats needed is those aalimahs already in hackney etc to start programs for normal sisters to give guidance in there everyday lives.

a few brothers/ulama have suggested starting aalimah classes but once i've explained to them that hackney and stamford hill have soooo many aalimahs already wasting away at home when they can put pressure on the local community to start sisters programs i.e like Mussalla - an -Noor. NO point whatsoever to just increase the aalimahs when they aint more or less gonna benefit the local normal sisters.

Shaykh yusuf motala DB always gives the same naseeha to new aalimahs when they leave madresah to start such cirlces/classes in their own areas for normal sisters but only about 5% actually do.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Prison
Unspecified
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 13:00
Why though? Does anyone know why these sisters dont arrange circles?
No post ratings
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 13:02
Probably hard for them to approach someone. Not easy to find a place to do it and hard to get the masjids etc. That's what I've seen so far. Along those lines. The Aalimahs are quite young so organising and that may be difficult.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Stamford Hill
Sister
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 13:22
I think there is never enough ppl to keep a circle running, I mean very little ppl turn up?? There is already a taleem every Sunday near Cazenove road mosque so what day can you do it that it won't clash with that??

It's a good idea, but there is a lot to consider as mention my guest above some of the problems?

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 14:55

Quote:
just a personal comment. i really dont think aalimah classss are that much needed. whats needed is those aalimahs already in hackney etc to start programs for normal sisters to give guidance in there everyday lives.
Not that I am offended by the above. But... it does not mean that, 'hey, lets not give anybody else the opportunity to do a few yrs of aalimah course' Knowledge is like an ocean and its certainly not limited. I totally agree with the sisters circle idea. I am still anticipating brother daywalk3rs results in awaiting approval from masjid-e-quba committee members.

So what if your an aalimah but your sitting at home? Yeah, she should get out. Teach at an islamic school, madressah, sisters circle or be it writting articles from home for a magazine. Aalimahs sitting at home should not have an imnpact on other girls who would like to learn further. Afterall, she will share some of her knowledge sitting at home either with her future children, husband, family and friends. she will be setting an example to her neighbours and others when she goes out showing her akhlaaq.

No post ratings
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 15:07
this kinda ties in with the Sisters Facilities sub section in the "youngsters in committee's" thread and the "sisters help wanted" thread. Its very hard for sisters themselves to organise such things without the help and support of the brothers. But for this to happen BOTH equally need to "get more involved" with such ideas/initiatives.

Even if local aalimahs got together (including ALL the aalimahs who teach in the local madresahs) and got say couple hundred sisters to sign some sort of letter and give that to the masjids it'll help enormously but to just sit around and think its not worth it as its hard to sell the idea to the so called village elders who run most masjids is just not proactive at all. .

Aalimahs with UK fariq ulama in there families (theres A LOT who do have) NEED to constantly push these ulama to sort such things out as a lot of UK fariq ulama simply don't have the zeal to not only set up such programs but to do barely anything. I know UK fariq ulama mostly get put-off by backward-thinking committees so just cant be asked to deal with the agro but theres so many young brothers (from ages of 25 - 35) in the some committees now (or on its fringes who have strong access and influence with in the committee)

Alhumdolillah with brothers and sisters efforts and duas Stamford Hill now have a kinda fixed english program each month, there websites running now which also now (or soon will) has articles written by local UK fariq alims and aalimas (and students from the local muslim schools) and in the next few days the radio transmissions would be up and running inshaallah. But believe me THE biggest thing the borther/s and sister/s who have helped in sorting these few initiatives out over the past few months would like MOST of all is for a sisters circle to start in Stamford Hill very much like the one in Musalla An Noor. It has NOT been totally forgetten but with only 1 or 2 people doing such things (togther with the normal chours of work and family) its not that easy BUT they are still working towards it.

The sisters talim on Sunday is a completely different thing. Its geared to TJ (not saying in a negative way as alhumdilillah I myself take part as much as I can in the TJ effort) BUT I have to at the same time except a lot of sisters are not, regardless of how much effort is made on them, they are just not TJ minded. So for such sisters and many others such classes are very very much needed. I simply CANT be the TJ way or the highway. Its any way that in line with quran and sunnah and has the regular guidance of our ulama.

Musalla an Noor has been running now for approx 2/3 months now and in there tiny place get about 50-60 sisters each time a sisters program takes place - so thats PROOF sisters will come.

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 15:17
Ok, you sound familiar.
I myself try to attend musalla-an-noor once a month.
I do not disagree with you. Its only the point you made that made me respond.
Just understand what I explained bove.
No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 15:20
Oh, and I also told the previous brother that we can organise a petition as to show how many people are interested in the idea so perhaps the committee will be more inclined.
No post ratings
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 15:20
i'm not totally against the idea of aalimah classes (that'll be a sin think??) but for me its a no brainer decision for an aalimah. Either teach a few sisters 6-8 hours a week starting on basic kitabs to high level fiqh and hadith books or teach 10 times more sisters only say 2-3 hours a week the basics of deen and general deeni naseeha to help them in their day-to-day lives.

I agree why not do both (id love to have both!) but if its a choice for an allimah to make then the second choice is surely the one that gives her and others the most benefit.

Yes agree about the aalimah at home but there too0 many who are choosing this route which is not really what the mansha of our senior ulama was. IF it was say only 75% who were staying at home only then it wont be a problem but its kinda 95% who stay at home leave many normal sisters in the dark and not able to benefit.

No post ratings
Rank Image
DuNyA
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 15:33
Quote:
a few brothers/ulama have suggested starting aalimah classes but once i've explained to them that hackney and stamford hill have soooo many aalimahs already wasting away at home when they can put pressure on the local community to start sisters programs i.e like Mussalla - an -Noor. NO point whatsoever to just increase the aalimahs when they aint more or less gonna benefit the local normal sisters.
so you actually put off the idea? thats not nice. many people could have benefitted from that greatly. One is not obliged to do the full course. But a few years or be it even 6 months of the course could change ones adhaab, akhlaaq etc. It could make one more pious, God fearing, chaste etc. Like I said, all should have equal opportunity. Why dont you encourage Aalimahs by perhaps writting monthly articles and handing them out in your local musjid. Leave it at that.
No post ratings
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 14th June 2007 15:53
no the idea was not "putt off" by me. I just added some thoughts to it to which hopefully inshallah as well as them thinking and making efforts toward the PT course/s (to which my 110% support and duas are with) they'll also now take into serious consideration for such aalimahs to also provide for the majority of normal sisters to which they were very grateful for.

P.s for admin and authorisers apologies - I broke the a rule of posting replies to non-mahrams. Just a subject i feel very strongly about - the lack of sisters facilities. May allah forgive me and save me from the devious ways of my nuffs and shaytaan.

No post ratings