Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

Salaat posture for females

You have contributed 60.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 8th December 2006 21:41
Assalamu Alaykum

The question regarding the posture of salaat for women was poised to me a couple of days back. found this information that others might find useful.

The differences in the Salaah of the females, which have been explained by the Imaams of Fiqh, have been extracted from the Ahadith. We will merely suffice on some well-established narrations to illustrate that the variance in the Salaah of females was prescribed by Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) himself.

Yazid bin Abi Habib reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) passed by two women who were praying Salaah. He said: "When you prostrate, let part of your body cling to the earth, for women are unlike men in this regard" (Maraseel of Imaam Abu Dawood).

Sayyidina Ibn Umar (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "When a woman sits in Salaah, she should place one thigh over the other, and when she prostrates, she should press her stomach to her thighs in a manner that is the most concealing for her. Indeed Allah looks at her saying: Oh my angels! I make you witness that I have forgiven her" (Baihaqi).

Sayyidina Wail bin Hujr (R.A.) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "O Ibn Hujr! When you pray make your hands level with your ears. And the woman shall raise her hands close to her bosom" (Tabrani).

The verdicts of many Sahaaba (R.A.) and Taabieen are also recorded in the books of Hadith, which clearly establish the various differences in the Salaah of females. And Allah Ta'ala knows best.

Source: Al-Haadi, Madrasah Taaleemuddeen, Ispingo Beach, Durban, South Africa.

Wassalaam
Edited: 10/12/06
report post quote code quick quote reply
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2006 21:25
Subhan Allah - the other day I was in my local musjid, and having finished my salah a 'salafi' said to me, "sister, you shouldn't pray like a dog!" Astagfirullah...may Allah Give us Understanding!
Unspecified
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2006 21:37
Salaam

Just to let you know that I have reported the post because I am wary of inflaming the situation between muqallid and ghair-muqallid muslims.

If one groups disrespects the other, this does not justify similar behaviour on the part of the other.

I personally feel that the most important factor for all to be mindful of is that akhlaaq, humility and respect must be shown to all, and that it is not the position of one who declares belief in Allah and His Messenger to make a statement of kufr against another who declares the same.

May Allah guide us all, protect us all and enter us all into Jannah. Aameen.

Fee amaanillah

Wassalaam

#4 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2006 21:46
i understand that...but i was reporting their remakr on me, and not my remark back (not that i made any!)

but in which case the article that was posted should be removed as it is very satirical to salafis and puts them in "..."...isn't that inflammatory????

#5 [Permalink] Posted on 9th December 2006 22:05
Salaam

Fair point. Insha Allah, this issue will be put up for discussion by the authorizers.

I was only wary of the forum becoming a slanging match arena between the two groups. The link, although hosted by MS, is not directly linked to it.

Please forgive me if you feel that my decision was excessively cautious.

The post can only be restored by admin, who is currently away. Insha Allah, he will see to it on his return.

Fee amaanillah

Wassalaam