Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Radio Five niqab ban vote!

You have contributed 25.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2006 16:47

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2006 16:49
I've been texting the following back to my friends all day.

"Do not vote. The vote will not make a difference and neither will they stop attacking Islam. I wouldn't be suprized if 5 live started the circulation of that text"

So my suggestion, ignore the vote

No post ratings
Unspecified
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2006 16:51
Besides, it was the morning show if I understand correctly.

The poll would have finished at midday.

The only one's benefiting after that would be the phone companies.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2006 16:51
Your quite right!
No post ratings
Rank Image
stamford hill
Unspecified
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2006 17:05
ive had dozens of these telling me to tex 'no' or 'straw wrong' its annoying ...more when the voteing is already over, brother yasin i tottaly agree with you, it's probably BBC five live themselves who are circulating these text in order that we text and they gain the profit
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2006 18:03
i thnk the media are just looking for a reaction from the muslims...wish they would just get a life....or better still look at other issues which really do need attending to...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2006 18:26

Dont bother txting its exactly what they want for their:

1, Surveys and statistics
2, Tracking mechanism of mobile phones.
3, Manipulation of Shariah.

Keep Supporting the Men in black, all donations welcome.
Txt that to all your brothers and sisters and friends.

Contact me if you have any real donations

jk

No post ratings
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2006 20:59

Salaam,

anyone actually listen to radio 5? the text that was going round wasn't even correct!! they were asking something along the lines...'should women be allowed to wear Niqab?' well it was something that required the answer YES!! and everyones texting saying no, the presenters realised something had gone wrong somwhere, they even had to announce after for people to stop texting and wasting their money!

But something funny they said was...'the poll started at 9am and finished at 4/5pm, it was only after this time we recieved soooo many texts saying NO that it's blocking up our phone line! why not just text on time?'

No post ratings
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 8th October 2006 22:48
Assallamu Alaikum,

I agree with Br.Yasin, recieved countless texts on friday...

hmm. its funny how everyone goes crazy whenever something happens and they need to forward afew texts... Disappointing.

MUSLIMAH_119 wrote:
i thnk the media are just looking for a reaction from the muslims...wish they would just get a life....or better still look at other issues which really do need attending to...

^ Exactly!!!... i think we as muslims need to get a sense of things before anyone else, if we were not as naive as we are... the media would have no need to initialise these txt-polls.

No post ratings
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2006 00:56
what wouId be the ideal response wouId be if more sisters start wearing it. Same goes for those who criticise any aspect of deen. criticise the beard = brothers should retaliate by growing fuII fist beards, criticise our Prophet SAW = brothers/sisters should retaliate by increasing in our Love for nabee SAW by bringing in more and more of the sunnats of prophet SAW (his character, personality, humility, forbearance, honesty, dress sense, kindness, forgiveness etc etc) into our Iives. Criticise the treatment of musIim women = brothers shouId retaIiate by increasing the Iove and respect they have for their womenfoIk by foIIowing the exampIe of nabee SAW in how he treated and honoured the women in his charge. The more we increase in our foIIowing of deen (spirituaIy and physicaIIy) the more better AIIah's fasIahs wouId come down in our favour we do the opposite the wrong fesIahs wiII come down against us.

But as i expect some morons wouId be marching down TrafaIgar sq this weekend with boards saying "KiII those who insuIt da deen" What wouId be nice if these twisted individuaIs just sat in the Sq and read out the beautifuI seerah of Prophet SAW and the Sahabah RAD to any passers by as some good brothers do at Hide Park's Speakers Corner.
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2006 01:12
Assalamu Alaykum.

The post that was reported has been edited a little. I understand why it was reported and I understand why the brother who said what he said was said.

The post has been reactivated.

Wassalam

No post ratings
Rank Image
Birmingham
Unspecified
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 9th October 2006 08:53
Yasin, that was not the question asked and the poll lasted only 3 hours in the morning till 9am. Five Live were having a snide laugh at our expense because Muslims were blindly texting the Drive programme at 4pm that day in the afternoon answering the wrong question. I wish some people would buck up their ideas and be constructive rather than all follow like sheep.
No post ratings