Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Creating Love for Allah (SWT)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2006 12:23

Love is a spontaneous condition. It is an unintentional state. You have no voluntary control over its origin. However, there are some voluntary acts that may lead to the creation of a strong relationship with Allah swt. It is well established by the experience of masters of Tasawwuf that when practiced appropriately they do lead to creation of Allah swt's love (muhabbat).

These actions are:

· Excessive remembrance of Allah swt

· Observance of Sunnah, in all matters

· Keeping company with pious.

Those who already have this strong relationship with Allah swt (Ahlil-Allah) · Being thankful for the bounties of Allah swt. At the same time reflecting about our attitude in regards to them · Being steadfast in following the rulings of Shariah · Asking Allah swt (dua) a lot. All these are to be carried out simultaneously. This will, inshaAllah, create a strong bond between the slave (abd) and his Master (Allah swt). This bond/relationship/love is the objective of our path. It is the driving soul for true observance of Shariah. It is, however, important to clear a misconception: We may set an imaginary expected standard for this love. For example, Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani or Khawajah Moinuddin Chisti ra's state of love for Allah swt. And when this not happens within our expected short time frame, we feel at loss. This is inappropriate. This is the path (tareeq) of slave hood (abdiyat). Our under par desires and immature wishes have no standing in this path. They have to be annihilated (fana). After implementing these acts correctly, a strong relationship with Allah swt will certainly develop, accordingly to our state. It will inshaAllah develop over time and become ingrained in us.

ashrafiya.blogspot.com/2004/10/creating-taaluq-maallahlove-of-allah.html

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd December 2021 19:27
SubhanAllah WalHamdulillah.

Abdullah ibn Yazid reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would supplicate, saying, “O Allah, grant me your love and the love of those whose love will benefit me with you. O Allah, whatever you have provided me from what I love, make it strength for me for that which you love. O Allah, whatever you have withheld from what I love, make it a time for rest in that which you love.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 3491

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Al-Tirmidhi

عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ يَزِيدَ الْخَطْمِيِّ الْأَنْصَارِيِّ عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَنَّهُ كَانَ يَقُولُ فِي دُعَائِهِ اللَّهُمَّ ارْزُقْنِي حُبَّكَ وَحُبَّ مَنْ يَنْفَعُنِي حُبُّهُ عِنْدَكَ اللَّهُمَّ مَا رَزَقْتَنِي مِمَّا أُحِبُّ فَاجْعَلْهُ قُوَّةً لِي فِيمَا تُحِبُّ اللَّهُمَّ وَمَا زَوَيْتَ عَنِّي مِمَّا أُحِبُّ فَاجْعَلْهُ فَرَاغًا لِي فِيمَا تُحِبُّ

3491 سنن الترمذي كتاب الدعوات باب ما جاء في عقد التسبيح باليد

3491 المحدث الترمذي خلاصة حكم المحدث حسن غريب في سنن الترمذي

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1