Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Naqshband66
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 18th November 2013 16:42
بسم الله الرحمن اللرحيم

Resuscitating an old thread insha'Allah.

Minor Sign:
News on drought resistant crops developed in the Middle-East brought to mind the following minor sign: the land of the Arabs will become green with rivers flowing again.

Shaheed Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki رحمة الله عليه lists the greening of Arabia as one of the minor signs of the Day of Judgment in his series on the Hereafter. You can listen to the series here. Also, someone has posted their notes based on the Hereafter series, and here is the portion relating to this particular sign:

Quote:
Number Thirty Nine: The Arabian Peninsula Becomes Gardens with Flowing Rivers

The Arabian Peninsula becomes gardens with flowing rivers again, again is a key word. RasoolAllah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said:

لا تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ حَتَّى... تَعُودَ أَرْضُ الْعَرَبِ مُرُوجًا وَأَنْهَارًا

Imaam Muslim narrates that the Day of Judgment will not occur until the land of the Arabs becomes gardens and rivers. The Land of the Arabs is the Arabian Peninsula even though now the Arabs live in a wider geographical area, the Hadith is talking about particularly the Arabian Peninsula which was the land of the Arabs at the time of RasoolAllah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam. It is the Peninsula surrounded by the Red Sea, the Persian Sea and the Indian Ocean. It is mostly desert, in the South, in Yemen and in the northern parts there is some greenery but mostly it is desert. The Empty Quarter, the Sahra and Nafud, the Northern Arabian large desert is sand dunes and the Empty Quarter is a place in the world where nothing can grow; it is sand dunes and that is why it is called the Empty Quarter.

This desert, RasoolAllah sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam says a day will come when it will become green with rivers flowing, and RasoolAllah said:

تَعُودَ

'It will return,' meaning it was like that before. This is a scientific miracle of Hadith because with modern technology and imaging, scientists were able to find out that the Empty Quarter and some others parts of the Arabian Peninsula were forests with rivers flowing beneath and these are parts of the land of 'Aad and other kingdoms that existed. They say that one time this existed was towards the end of the Ice Age because in the Ice Age, the Northern parts of the world and the Southern parts of the world were capped with ice. The area of Arabia were like a tropical forest then because it was receiving a lot of rain, until the glaciers subsided and went North and South, then the tropical forest went to different directions and that area remained as a desert. But now they are finding that in the eastern parts of Yemen and the South East parts of Saudi Arabia, they are finding traces of rivers and they can see that using the satellite imaging. There are basins of rivers which are an indication of large amounts of water which was flowing through it.

How will this happen again? Allahu A'lam. It could be through climate changes which would make that area receive a lot of rain again. Or it could be through technological advances that would make it possible to irrigate all of that land and turn it into gardens again. Allahu A'lam, we don't know which one would happen or there could be other alternatives of how this could happen and this is something that did not happen yet. Some say this is occurring now in places such as Saudi Arabia and the Emirates where a lot of money is spent on agriculture but it did not get to the level where it is all green. Yes there is a lot of greenery and agriculture that is happening in the areas that are desert but you cannot say Arabia is now gardens full with rivers.

The BBC has video news out of the Middle-East (today) on drought resistant crops however, I was not able to find text to add here. A quick internet search yields a whole list of efforts in this regard from around the world and insha'Allah those interested in more can do a quick search.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Disagree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 22:12
SF is still down! :-)
+2 -0Creative x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 22:38

Acacia wrote:
View original post

A few years I also heard that talk and thought the same thing on face value but when you look at the actual Hadeeth in Saheeh Muslim, the chapter in which sits and the commentary of Imam Nawawi (RA) I don't believe that it actually means what we think.

Saheeh Muslim/Chapter: Encouragement to give charity before there is no one to accept it

Haritha b. Wahb reported Allah's Messenger(Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)  as saying: Give Sadaqa for a time is about to come when a person would walk with alms and the one whom it is to be given would say: Had you brought it yesterday, I would have accepted it. For the present I do not need it. (And the giver of Sadaqa) I would not find anyone to accept it.

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَابْنُ، نُمَيْرٍ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، - وَاللَّفْظُ لَهُ - حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ مَعْبَدِ بْنِ خَالِدٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ حَارِثَةَ بْنَ وَهْبٍ، يَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ تَصَدَّقُوا فَيُوشِكُ الرَّجُلُ يَمْشِي بِصَدَقَتِهِ فَيَقُولُ الَّذِي أُعْطِيَهَا لَوْ جِئْتَنَا بِهَا بِالأَمْسِ قَبِلْتُهَا فَأَمَّا الآنَ فَلاَ حَاجَةَ لِي بِهَا ‏.‏ فَلاَ يَجِدُ مَنْ يَقْبَلُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Abu Musa reported Allah's Messenger (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) as saying: There would come a time for the people when a person would roam about with Sadaqa of gold, but he would find no one to accept it from him. And a man would be seen followed by forty women seeking refuge with him on account of the scarcity of males and abundance of females."

وَحَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ بَرَّادٍ الأَشْعَرِيُّ، وَأَبُو كُرَيْبٍ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْعَلاَءِ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أُسَامَةَ عَنْ بُرَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَبِي بُرْدَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ لَيَأْتِيَنَّ عَلَى النَّاسِ زَمَانٌ يَطُوفُ الرَّجُلُ فِيهِ بِالصَّدَقَةِ مِنَ الذَّهَبِ ثُمَّ لاَ يَجِدُ أَحَدًا يَأْخُذُهَا مِنْهُ وَيُرَى الرَّجُلُ الْوَاحِدُ يَتْبَعُهُ أَرْبَعُونَ امْرَأَةً يَلُذْنَ بِهِ مِنْ قِلَّةِ الرِّجَالِ وَكَثْرَةِ النِّسَاءِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَفِي رِوَايَةِ ابْنِ بَرَّادٍ ‏"‏ وَتَرَى الرَّجُلَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) as saying:

1. The Last Hour will not come before wealth becomes abundant and overflowing, so much so that a man takes Zakat out of his property and cannot find anyone to accept it from him
  2. and till the land of Arabia becomes meadows and rivers.

وَحَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا يَعْقُوبُ، - وَهُوَ ابْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ الْقَارِيُّ - عَنْ سُهَيْلٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ لاَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ حَتَّى يَكْثُرَ الْمَالُ وَيَفِيضَ حَتَّى يَخْرُجَ الرَّجُلُ بِزَكَاةِ مَالِهِ فَلاَ يَجِدُ أَحَدًا يَقْبَلُهَا مِنْهُ وَحَتَّى تَعُودَ أَرْضُ الْعَرَبِ مُرُوجًا وَأَنْهَارًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Whats the logical connection between statement one and statement 2? I think it means that the land will become seriously RICH but I don't think that a physical change is being referred to here.

I am not sure, need to think about this...

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 22:40

A few years I also heard that talk and thought the same thing on face value but when you look at the actual Hadeeth in Saheeh Muslim, the chapter in which sits and the commentary of Imam Nawawi (RA) I don't believe that it actually means what we think.

Saheeh Muslim/Chapter: Encouragement to give charity before there is no one to accept it

Haritha b. Wahb reported Allah's Messenger(Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)  as saying: Give Sadaqa for a time is about to come when a person would walk with alms and the one whom it is to be given would say: Had you brought it yesterday, I would have accepted it. For the present I do not need it. (And the giver of Sadaqa) I would not find anyone to accept it.

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، وَابْنُ، نُمَيْرٍ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا وَكِيعٌ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، ح وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، - وَاللَّفْظُ لَهُ - حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ مَعْبَدِ بْنِ خَالِدٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ حَارِثَةَ بْنَ وَهْبٍ، يَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ تَصَدَّقُوا فَيُوشِكُ الرَّجُلُ يَمْشِي بِصَدَقَتِهِ فَيَقُولُ الَّذِي أُعْطِيَهَا لَوْ جِئْتَنَا بِهَا بِالأَمْسِ قَبِلْتُهَا فَأَمَّا الآنَ فَلاَ حَاجَةَ لِي بِهَا ‏.‏ فَلاَ يَجِدُ مَنْ يَقْبَلُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Abu Musa reported Allah's Messenger (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) as saying: There would come a time for the people when a person would roam about with Sadaqa of gold, but he would find no one to accept it from him. And a man would be seen followed by forty women seeking refuge with him on account of the scarcity of males and abundance of females."

وَحَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ بَرَّادٍ الأَشْعَرِيُّ، وَأَبُو كُرَيْبٍ مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْعَلاَءِ قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو أُسَامَةَ عَنْ بُرَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَبِي بُرْدَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏"‏ لَيَأْتِيَنَّ عَلَى النَّاسِ زَمَانٌ يَطُوفُ الرَّجُلُ فِيهِ بِالصَّدَقَةِ مِنَ الذَّهَبِ ثُمَّ لاَ يَجِدُ أَحَدًا يَأْخُذُهَا مِنْهُ وَيُرَى الرَّجُلُ الْوَاحِدُ يَتْبَعُهُ أَرْبَعُونَ امْرَأَةً يَلُذْنَ بِهِ مِنْ قِلَّةِ الرِّجَالِ وَكَثْرَةِ النِّسَاءِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَفِي رِوَايَةِ ابْنِ بَرَّادٍ ‏"‏ وَتَرَى الرَّجُلَ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

1. The Last Hour will not come before wealth becomes abundant and overflowing, so much so that a man takes Zakat out of his property and cannot find anyone to accept it from him

وَحَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا يَعْقُوبُ، - وَهُوَ ابْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ الْقَارِيُّ - عَنْ سُهَيْلٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ لاَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ حَتَّى يَكْثُرَ الْمَالُ وَيَفِيضَ حَتَّى يَخْرُجَ الرَّجُلُ بِزَكَاةِ مَالِهِ فَلاَ يَجِدُ أَحَدًا يَقْبَلُهَا مِنْهُ وَحَتَّى تَعُودَ أَرْضُ الْعَرَبِ مُرُوجًا وَأَنْهَارًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Whats the logical connection between statement one and statement 2? I think it means that the land will become seriously RICH but I don't think that a physical change is being referred to here.

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 22:40

Arabic font gets messed up so trying without Arabic!

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2013 22:47
My post is stuck somewhere....Can someone make it visible.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd January 2024 15:53
Loading tweet
No post ratings