Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Sainsbury's Supermarket Lying (Opinion)

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2021 22:51
I posted a review of Sainsbury's on the indeed website but my review was rejected. What can I do?

Below is the review that I wrote:

--------------------------------------
Please see this video about Sainsbury's www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb2E_3t3mLQ

Sainsbury's lied to me about my working hours. When I said that I want to discuss my working hours they invited me to a meeting and dismissed me calling me a liar. The meeting note-taker did not write down everything I was saying during the meeting. The manager conducting the dismissal meeting was not listening to me and became very irate for things I did not do. My dismissal letter states that the meeting in which I was dismissed was a disciplinary meeting. Sainsbury's did not follow the disciplinary procedure mentioned in their Employee Handbook. The Employee Handbook was contractual so Sainsbury's breached my contract by not following their disciplinary procedure. Sainsbury's deny that my dismissal meeting was a disciplinary meeting and Sainsbury's note-taker (the person who took notes during my disciplinary meeting) posted about himself on his social media pages that he is "fluent in bulls**t" and that he is a "compulsive liar". I have written to Sainsbury's Head Office about this incident but Sainsbury's CEO doesn't care.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 17th August 2021 23:26
123abc wrote:
View original post

Perhaps you should look at the other negative reviews. And how they have been written. ..Usually as well as writing negative stuff about the company the reviewers are expected to write something positive.

For example, it would be something like the following. I found my fellow staff members to be friendly enjoyed working with customers. But the Management were totally unprofessional and had a dismissive attitude towards staff and did not follow the disciplinary procedures as outlined in the employee handbook. They changed work schedules at short notice. Avoid working for this company it is not worth the headache.

Pros: friendly colleauges and customers.

Cons: Terrible attitude of management towards staff.

What you have done is written about a specific incident and then posted a video asking people to view it. Its most likely this reason that your review did not get published.

Another reason could be I assume is because you have highlighted a specific grievance of a certain incident that took place then Indeed.co.uk. might legally have an obligation to give a right of reply to the supermarket.

If you feel you have a legal case then
Consult an employment lawyer. If there is absolutely no legal recourse and just your word against the Supermarket you worked for and then one can only advise that you learn from this experience and try to move forward with your life...

+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2021 10:41
The name of the company is Sainsbury's

If anyone wants to know further details please send me a message.

I want to warn people that the company is dishonest and rogue (in my opinion). I can show evidence that supports my opinion to those who want to see it.

I have spoken to solicitors about this and yes it is far too late to take this matter to an employment tribunal.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2021 11:54
123abc wrote:
View original post

Bismillah.

Looking at the multiple negative reviews about the bad treatment of staff. It Is a recurring theme on the indeed.co.uk review section. With many people warning others not to work for this company.

I have written to Sainsburys about their bad treatment of their employees in general.
And will if I get a response post it here.

I am sorry that we were not able to be of greater help on here.

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2021 19:24
I hope people will warn others about Sainsbury's lies.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2021 21:55
123abc wrote:
View original post

From a family man and customer point of view I dislike Sainsbury's because its OVER priced in comparison to Asda, Tesco, Morrison's, Lidl and Aldi.

Even their own branded items are so badly hiked up, it's pathetic.

However, for the shopping that is done for office stock, Sainsbury's is the closest so i/we buy our milk, coffee, tea, sugar, bleach, soap, liquid, tissues, water etc etc all from there. It's even the nearest petrol station to us.

In fact, I've been sent notifications from Sainsbury's over the last few years (but not including 2020/21) that we've purchased the most of a single item in the whole year ;) and I get all the Nectar points :) that I end up using in Argos ;)

So, I hate them and I use them for my advantage. Otherwise, I tend to stay away for personal use.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2021 02:42
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

جزاك الله خيرا for your post.

I hope people will warn others about Sainsbury's and their lies.

If anyone has any questions or wants any clarification then please feel free to send me a private message. I have no doubt that Sainsbury's are liars.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2021 02:37
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Have you got any response from Sainsbury's?

Can I kindly ask forum members to write an email to Sainsbury's for a response. It can be a short email just asking Sainsbury's why the company refuses to allow me to show evidence in public of Sainsbury's lies? If anyone wants a suggested template email then please let me know and I can prepare one.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 8th September 2021 03:20
123abc wrote:
View original post

Firstly Sainsburys or any company infact will not respond to e-mails sent by random people concerning grievances of a particular employee unless the person writing to them is the agrieved employee themself or a legal representative. Acting on behalf of the aggrieved employee. Such matters are considered by virtually all companies as a private matter between the company and the employee.

As far as my e-mail I found the e-mail address of the CEO and head of Sainsburys Simon Roberts. I sent the following e-mail. I doubt I will get a response I am not an employee and they are not under any obligation to respond to me. But I hope my concerns will have been noted in anycase. My e-mail was generic and not about your particular case although I highlighted the type of grievances you have mentioned in your posts. Here you go.

Dear Mr Roberts.

Looking at the reviews on indeed.co.uk.
By former and current employees of your company I am shocked and dismayed. About what I have read. Extremely high pressure environment, especially in the distribution centre and online ordering. Unachievable targets set. Completely dismissive and patronising attitude of management towards employees.
People having work schedules changed at short notice, employees who raise questions concerning issues affecting them.
Being treated with complete disdain and lack of empathy and a perceived threat of dismissal hanging over employees if they raise their voice about their mental well being, and some even being mocked concerning mental health issues. I was totally astonished to read this and it was a recurring theme. Surely one would expect Sainsburys a highly respected and established high street name. Would have better training for supervisors and management concerning the treatment of staff under their supervision. I was even more stunned that their seems to be a complete lack of awareness or even care at Sainsburys concerning the mental well being of staff. Or any real tangible methods for staff to raise their grievances with people complaining disciplinary procedures and complaint procedure as outlined in employee Handbook are often not followed through.

Sainsburys can and should do better when it comes to the mental well being of employees. As it stands their seems to be employees left completely traumatised and emotionally burnt out by their experience of working for Sainsburys. I hope you will look into this.

Kind Regards.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 30th October 2021 08:56
I thank forum members for showing understanding and respect to the points raised in this topic.

I have warned people about Sainsbury's lies and I will continue to do so. I hope people will do the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb2E_3t3mLQ

Sainsbury's lied to me about my working hours. When I said that I want to discuss my working hours they invited me to a meeting and dismissed me calling me a liar. The meeting note-taker did not write down everything I was saying during the meeting. The manager conducting the dismissal meeting was not listening to me and became very irate for things I did not do. My dismissal letter states that the meeting in which I was dismissed was a disciplinary meeting. Sainsbury's did not follow the disciplinary procedure mentioned in their Employee Handbook. The Employee Handbook was contractual so Sainsbury's breached my contract by not following their disciplinary procedure. Sainsbury's deny that my dismissal meeting was a disciplinary meeting and Sainsbury's note-taker (the person who took notes during my disciplinary meeting) posted about himself on his social media pages that he is "fluent in bulls**t" and that he is a "compulsive liar". I have written to Sainsbury's Head Office about this incident but Sainsbury's CEO doesn't care.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2022 18:35
Assalamu Alaykum,

Sainsbury's are big liars and a rogue company in my opinion. Please see this link that shows that Sainsbury's were not willing to engage in an open publication about my case. https://docdro.id/h2z35Gw

I think only dishonest people and cheats would shy away from a balanced and open publication where both parties present there arguments and evidence.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2022 20:29
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 1st November 2022 23:21
Bismillah.

Mufti Menk addresses this issue of being unfairly dismissed by an employer in the following lecture.
youtu.be/2H9EN_c0E7Q
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2022 18:06
Assalamu Alaykum,

I have written to my MP to make a disclosure in the public interest about Sainsbury's (whistleblow). I would like my MP to expediate the process of making this disclosure and write to Sainsbury's to give a formal response to some questions I have asked.

Is there anything else I could do?

If I draft a letter, is there anyone else here willing to write to their MP to build pressure on Sainsbury's and my MP to expediate matters?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd December 2022 18:53
123abc wrote:
View original post

Walaykum Salaam.

An MP will only deal with matters concerning local constiuents. He will not deal with issue concerning some one who is not in his constituency.

Unless it is a collective matter that is hundreds of thousands of employees or ex-employees of Sainsburys are campaigning against work conditions. And the story is in the media. In that case there is P.R. value for the MP in speaking up.

Sainsburys will not budge because from what you stated in previous posts the timeframe for a tribunal for unfair dismissal expired years ago.

They have no reason or incentive to entertain compliaints from a disgruntled employee from years ago. On the contrary it is not in their interest to admit too or acknowledge anything, rather any acknowledgement is an admission of guilt. That sets a legal precedent it opens the door for any former employee with a grudge to seek compensation for what they deem was unfair treatment.

An out right apology in legal terms is an admission of guilt. So the most you can expect is a non-apology a letter saying we are sorry you think and you feel you were unfairly treated, but we assure you all policies and procedures were followed.

Other then your own MP taking up your case I dont see what other options you have.

Only other alternative is to launch a media campaign against them and hope some journalist takes up your case and the issue of other Sainsburys workers.

That is just my opinion I am not a lawyer and my opinion is just based on my own life experience.

Personally I think there is a fine line between fighting a case like this as long as it takes... To fighting it so long that it ruins ones mental and physical health and no real conclusion achieved. Some times its better to let go and move on with ones life.

Of-course on the opposite end of the spectrum there are people who give up at the first hurdle in situations like this and do not stand up for themselves and fight their case.

Unless of course your situation is such that your employment prospects have been badly affected by your treatment..... you have no other option but to keep fighting.

+2 -0Like x 1