Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Rjamal, Mufaddal
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th September 2020 01:17
https://youtu.be/bf-l6RApyZ0

Mufti Taqi Usmani DB narrates an incident from the life of Maulana Muzaffar Hussain Kandhalavi RA. Maulana was once traveling with his companions. On the way they reached a village and it was time for prayer. There was an abandoned mosque in the village. Maulana called the azan and prayed namaz with his companions. After namaz Maulana went to the village folk and asked them why no one attended the mosque for namaz despite the azan. People said that the nawab (head) of our village does not pray. If he were to pray at the mosque the entire village would also come for prayer to the mosque.

Maulana went to meet the nawab. The nawab said I don't pray because I'm addicted to wine and women. I do not like to make wuzu. How can I pray without wuzu? Maulana said I give you permission to pray without wuzu. The nawab agreed to come to the mosque on this condition.

Maulana returned to the mosque and cried profusely and made dua to Allah Taala saying oh Allah I have made the nawab agree to come to the mosque, you give him guidance to make wuzu also.

At the time of the next prayer, the nawab remembered the promise he made to Maulana. He got up to go to the mosque but thought to himself since this is my first visit how can I go without wuzu? The nawab made ghusl and attended the namaz. Gradually the nawab also abandoned his other sins.

Mufti Taqi Sahab DB says this is called tafaqquh (deep understanding) of Deen. If we look at the books of fiqh, we see that the ruling is that if one knowingly prays namaz without wuzu he becomes kafir. From this one might accuse Maulana Muzaffar Hussain RA of calling to kufr.

Maulana Muzaffar Hussain RA had tafaqquh (deep understanding), so he knew how and when to apply the rulings of Shari'ah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+6 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th October 2020 03:42
I was curious regarding the issue of kufr while knowingly praying without wudhu and the gravity of such an action, but I happened to come across this which explains that this isn't the case in at least the shafi madhab:

An-Nawawi may Allaah have mercy upon him wrote:

“The Muslims have unanimously agreed that it is impermissible to pray when one is in a state of impurity. They have also unanimously agreed that the prayer performed in such a state is not valid, whether the doer knew that he was ritually impure, was unaware of it, or acted out of forgetfulness. However, if he prayed while unaware or out of forgetfulness, he bears no sin. If he knew that he was ritually impure and that it is prohibited to pray in such a state, then he has committed a grave sin. However, in our school (Shaafi'i), such a person is not declared a disbeliever on account of this unless he believes that what he did is lawful. Abu Haneefah, on the other hand, held that such a person is declared a disbeliever because his action is considered mockery (of the Shariah). In our school, it is considered a sin similar to adultery and the like of it.” [Al-Majmoo’]
+4 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 5th October 2020 07:01
Concerned wrote:
View original post

There are two sins here:

1. The person through his actions has rejected the Farziath (obligation) of Salah.

2. The person has offered the salah without Wudhu.

In both cases it is the person's ignorance.

The reformer has used his Tafaqquh to bring the person out of sinning.
+4 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
India
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 5th October 2020 10:14
+4 -0Like x 3