Rank Image
UK
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2020 16:29
Ulama are humans.

Humans misunderstand.

Humans make mistakes.

Humans also have agendas.

Humans also lust after wealth, power and prestige.

But those with a conspirational mindset will start from the bottom of the list. Shariah tells us to start at the top and work downwards and provide evidence for the bottom and to presume is Haram.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd September 2020 17:23
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 24th September 2020 12:30
Rajab wrote:
View original post

The title of this book is "5 lies of Mr Salman Nadwi"

Because passions have been inflamed and "Curses of Allah Ta'ala" are being issued like candy, I will refrain from technical and academical analysis of the allegations in this book. I am not Maulana Salman Nadwi (RA)'s Mureed nor listen have listened to many of his talks apart from a few here or there...

But to give you a flavour of the research in this booklet, the first issue is that "Mr" Salman Nadwi (HA) presents Hujr Ibn Adi (RA) as a prestigious Sahabi (RA) while the author presents opinions that he is from the Ta'baeen so he isn't even a Sahabi (RA) let alone a "prestigious" Sahabi (RA) and all the evidence from the author are valid.

The fact still remains that many such as Imam Dhahabi (RA) have considered him a Sahabi (RA), see here. So Imam Dhahabi (RA) also falls into the "lying" category as per the author and the reference is one of the most prestigious and foremost book of Islamic history:

islamweb.net/ar/library/index.php?page=bookcontents&a...

The author Imam Dahabi (RA) is an "Imam" and the master of Hadeeth.

May Allah Ta'ala protect us from engaging in or supporting disrespect of the Sahaba (RA), Ameen.

It has become a symbol of our love for the Sahabah (RA) to issue "Curse of Allah" upon people and if you don't "Curse" then you don't love the Sahabah (RA)!

As I said, under normal circumstances Academic differences can be handled by providing evidence instead of "issuing Curses" and accusations of lying.
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2020 05:01
From these kind of episodes it is clear that we Muslims still do not understand our religion.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2020 07:26
"Al etidal fi maratib ar rijaal" by Maulana Zakariyya RA should be mandatory reading for every Muslim.
+3 -0Like x 2Disagree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 25th September 2020 11:23
Maripat wrote:
View original post

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

We defend Hazrat Shaykh Maulana Zakariyya (RA) by stating that some of the incidents he has narrated are from earlier Imams. The same applies in this case.

When books like "5 lies of Mr Salman Nadwi" are written then the same argument applies to Imam Dahahabi (RA) and others.

I hope everyone gets my point.
+2 -0Like x 2Agree x 1