Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open
 
Top Members

Should we not go restless when people dying in kufr?

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abuzayd2k, bint e aisha
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
41
Brother
28
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 08:26
(salam)

Something that bothers me from time to time is thinking about how the non-muslims around me might go to hell forever.
You can probably also relate to sentiment such as,
"He/she is a really good person...
Nice behaviour, nice ethics.. much closer in character to the Prophet (pbuh) than me..
but he/she's a non Muslim and might be go to hell forever."

The thought is just crazy depressing.

You might say why not give them da'wah?
Yes, sure that's a possibility in some cases, but not so much in others. Or may be I don't know how to.

I am referring to situations where you might only meet the person randomly, or occasionally.
Or, situations where the person someone in your workplace of the opposite gender where you might not even know how to give them da'wah appropriately.
Or, situation where you have not met them personally, but know that they exist.

I am not sure if I am making sense...
But it's really crazy sometimes.. that people might be dying without Iman and Islam and knowing fully well myself that this means really bad end of them.. yet I am not really doing anything or not even feeling bad about it most of the time.

I am not sure why I am sharing this here but I guess I am looking for answers on how to live in a way that I have no regrets about not doing more.

(salam)


report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
abuzayd2k's avatar
Offline
Hindustan
929
Brother
-22
abuzayd2k's avatar
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 09:08
طالب wrote:
View original post

Mashallah, it is a sign of imaan to be concerned about the Ummah of Nabi (saw). The least a mu'min can do is make dua for the guidance of the Ummah. To emulate Nabi (saw) as best we can is one of the best forms of dawah. The Noor of the sunnah leaves an impact on the lives of people around us.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Rajab's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
1,216
Brother
727
Rajab's avatar
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 10:11
I try to block it out apart from asking for hidayah for whole ummah in dua after salah. Just shows how weak and pathetic i am to be honest.

Just count myself lucky that i was born in to a muslim household and pray that i die on iman.

report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
698
Brother
698
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 10:17
That's an admirable sentiment which you should try to direct towards your Muslim brothers. There are many Muslims even who are living the kind of life that's not gonna end well for them in the Hereafter. Worry about them first. Then focus on getting your own life completely onto Sunnah. Elders of deen say that the non-Muslims will not be influenced by our verbal dawah but by the dawah of our actions which we have fashioned on the Sunnah of Rasool of Allah (saw).
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Rajab's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
1,216
Brother
727
Rajab's avatar
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 10:21
When i was a teenager, our ameer sahib in chillah gave us this reminder. I don't think i slept well that night but us humans are weak and forgetful so i was back to my merrry ways.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
985
Brother
387
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 10:37
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Why does everytime someone speak about dawah to non Muslims or worry about non muslims entering Islam, tableeghis automatically divert the conversation to working on Muslims first. Why not leave people to do the effort that suits them, or why does the 2 efforts have to be mutually exclusive?

But yes I would agree with your advice to work on bringing one's akhlaq and behaviour onto the sunnah and display the beauty of Islam to those non Muslims in one's circle or who one occasionally comes into contact with.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
985
Brother
387
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 11:07
I was told by a Shaykh who specializes in Dawah to non Muslims that it is fard kifayah on a community to give dawah to non Muslims. Anyone has other opinions? This is reflected here:

Quote:
I have a question regarding dawah. I am tring to convince my muslim brothers to do dawah to non muslims but hey said that we should fix the muslims first because muslims dont pray etc and so there argument was that is it better to halve a thousand workers in a company and improve them or to get a thousand more, So is dawah fard .
Answer
Praise be to Allah.

What appears to be the case based on the general meaning of the shar‘i evidence concerning that is that calling people to Allah, may He be exalted, is a communal obligation (fard kifaayah) upon the ummah and it is an individual obligation (fard ‘ayn) upon every Muslim, according to his level of ability and knowledge. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Convey from me, even if it is only one verse.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3461

Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said, in his commentary on the first in which Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:104]:

What is meant by this verse is that there should be a group of this ummah who carry out this mission; however, that is also obligatory upon every individual of the ummah according to his means, as it is proven in Saheeh Muslim that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, then let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart – and that is the weakest of faith.” According to another version: “Beyond that there is not even a mustard seed’s worth of faith.”

End quote from Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 2/78

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The evidence from the Qur’an and Sunnah indicates that it is obligatory to call people to Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, and that this is one of the obligatory duties. The evidence for that is abundant, such as the verses in which Allah, may He be glorified, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:104]

“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad SAW) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Quran) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better”

[an-Nahl 16:125]

“and invite (men) to (believe in) your Lord, and be not of Al-Mushrikoon (those who associate partners with Allah”

[al-Qasas 28:87]

“Say (O Muhammad SAW): "This is my way; I invite unto Allah (i.e. to the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allah i.e., to the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge”

[Yoosuf 12:108].

So Allah, may He be glorified, has explained that the followers of the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) are those who call people to Allah; they are the people of insight. What is required, as is well known, is to follow him and adhere to his way, as Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much”

[al-Ahzaab 33:21].

The scholars have clearly stated that calling people to Allah, may He be exalted, is a communal obligation (fard kifaayah) with regard to the regions in which the callers live, for every region and area needs the da‘wah (call) and needs people who are active in this field. So it is a communal obligation; if sufficient numbers of people undertake it, the duty is waived from the others and for the others da‘wah becomes a confirmed Sunnah (Sunnah mu’akkadah) and a great righteous deed.

But if the people of a specific area or region do not undertake da‘wah, the burden of sin is incurred by all of them, and it becomes obligatory for all of them; each person must undertake to call people to Islam, according to his ability. However, generally speaking, with regard to every country, what is required is for there to be a group that is devoted to the mission of calling people to Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, throughout the world, to convey the message of Allah and to explain the command of Allah by all possible means, because the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) sent out callers, and he sent letters to people and to kings and rulers, calling them to Allah, may He be glorified and exalted.

See: Majmoo‘ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 1/330

Secondly:

There is no need at all for differences as to which work should take precedence: calling Muslims or calling non-Muslims. The one whom Allah enables to do any of that should go ahead with it. There are some Muslims who are good at calling non-Muslims, because Allah has given them the ability to explain things clearly or to convince people easily, or He has enabled him to learn the language of the non-Muslims whom he is calling, or because of the nature of his work, as there are many non-Muslims with him, or because he travels to their country or because he has a neighbour who is a non-Muslim, and so on.

In such cases we say to the individual: Go ahead and call these people with wisdom and beautiful preaching, with clear proof, and with patience in dealing with them.

See also the answer to question no. 99976 for information on how to call these people.

And there are some Muslims who are good at calling their fellow Muslims, because of some of the things that have been mentioned above; or because he does not have the patience to call non-Muslims; or because he has skills in convincing and debating in various issues and establishing clear proof; or because he is well versed in some branches of Islamic knowledge that may be needed more by one who calls Muslims than one who calls non-Muslims.

The point of all this is to say that there is no need for disputes or arguments, let alone division, around this issue. Both are necessary according to sharee‘ah, and each person will be enabled to do that for which he was created. The one who finds that he has an interest and is able to work in either of the two fields should not denounce anyone who works in the other field, because both of them are good and are necessary, and neither takes precedence over the other at all. We do not know of any one among the early daa‘iyahs (callers) who said: We are going to refrain from calling the non-believers until we have set straight the Muslims’ affairs. When will that ever happen?!

Moreover, we do not know of anyone who says that we should refrain from calling Muslims, teaching them and setting their affairs straight in order to focus on calling the non-Muslims and bringing them to Islam.

There is no room for conflict in da‘wah; rather it is the task of every Muslim, each according to what he is able to do and what Allah has given him of knowledge, forbearance, wealth and so on.

See also the answer to question no. 150066, 77579, 164443

And Allah knows best.


www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/186813
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf's avatar
Offline
Unspecified
2,489
Brother
3,851
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf's avatar
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 13:29
Bismillah.

Following advice is extracted from the discourses of Shaykh Abdul Qadir Al Jilani رحمة الله عليه



"O young man, while your faith is still weak you have to be concerned with your own affairs. Do not be concerned with your family, your neighbors, and the people of your town and county. When your faith has strengthened, come out to your family and children and then to the creatures.

Do not emerge to them before protecting yourself with the armor of piety, covering the head of your heart with the helmet of faith, having in your hand the sword of the oneness of God and in your quiver arrows of answering the Caller, riding the horse of good guidance, and learning the art of attack and retreat, fight and thrust. If you attack the enemies of the True One (mighty and glorified is He) at this point, support and aid will come to you from your six directions: right and left, above and below, and in front and behind. You will snatch creatures from the hands of Satan and carry them to the door of the True One (mighty and glorified is He).

The person who attains to this spiritual station will have the veils removed from the eyes of his heart. Whenever he turns to one of his six directions, his sight penetrates the veils and nothing remains screened from it. When he raises the head of his heart, he sees the Throne and the heavens, and when he lowers his head in reflection, he sees the levels of the earth and all its inhabitants of jinn, human beings, and wild beasts. Once you have attained to this spiritual station, you can summon the creatures to the door of Allah (mighty and glorified is He). Before this happens, you can achieve nothing. If you call the creatures when you are not at the door of the Creator, your call to them will be disastrous to you.

Whenever you move, you go down; whenever you seek promotion, you get demoted. You have no clue about the righteous. You are tongue‑wagging with no heart, an outward with no inward, a public life with no private life, and a tour with no attack. Your sword is made of wood and your arrows are matchsticks. You are a coward with no courage. The smallest arrow can kill you and send you to the Day of Resurrection. O Allah, strengthen our practice of religion, faith, and bodies with your nearness and “give us good in this world and good in the hereafter and protect us from the torment of the Fire.”

Source... Jila Al Khatir ( The Purification Of The Mind ).
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
ssaad's avatar
Offline
Al-Hind
1,408
Brother
11
ssaad's avatar
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 14:04
Concerned wrote:
View original post


Both dawah to muslims and non muslims must go together.

Br. Concerned can get a fatwah for this: I give dawah to a non-muslim, he embraces Islam. Later I came to know that he didn't die as a muslim.

Loading Qur'aan Verse

This means responsibility towards a non-muslim doesn't end with when he reverts, but responsibility lies on shoulder till his death.

The sad news about non muslim hurts ME because I gave dawah. Other muslims around us, they were given dawah by Abdul Qadar Jilani, Khwajah Ajmeri, Nizamuddin RA etc.

Priority explained:
Today Saudia is biggest sponsor for dawah among non-muslims. But, now things are changing very fast there. May be, not very far, Saudi has to spend 50% of those funds on its own folks; for "do not die except as Muslims".

So muslims who give dawah among muslims, use those words to keep themselves motivated.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
698
Brother
698
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 14:17
Concerned wrote:
View original post

I never asked anyone to stop their dawah to the non-Muslims, where are you getting that from? I merely suggested a more effective form of dawah to them as told to us by people much more experienced than me or you.

As for why the focus should be on Muslims first, the simplest reason for that can be found in the incident with the blind Sahabi رضي الله عنه and Allah's orders regarding it in the Quran.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
985
Brother
387
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 14:32
fod1083 wrote:
View original post


So later on in the day or the next day or week after the incident with the blind Sahabi, didn't the Prophet Salalahu Alayhi wasalsm continue giving Dawah to non Muslims? Or did he ignore non Muslims and focussed on the Muslims alone for an extended period of time?

Please provide a source for the ruling you derived from that verse.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
985
Brother
387
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 14:41
fod1083 wrote:
View original post




Question
Respected brother As salam o alaikum wa rahmatullah I have a question regarding surah ABASA.Many scholars are of the view that based on surah ABASA it is preferable to do dawa work first to muslim brother who are away from their DEEN than to non muslim.They based their view from surah ABASA where prophet PBUH was doing dawa to some of the cheifs of Mecca and in the meantime a sahabi who has just accepted islam, entered and asked prophet PBUH something about islam but prophet PBUH did not paid attention to him. so at this Allah revealed this surah in which Allah says to prophet PBUH that you are preaching those who are not ready to listen you and you are neglecting him who is GOD fearing and has come to you to learn something about Islam. so based on this they say that dawa work should be done first to muslim than to non muslim. I am very much confused as I know that conveying the message of quran to non muslim is most important than to muslim. please answer me in the light of correct view of Quran and saheeh hadith. May Allah bless you. Jazakallah khair.

Answer
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

Calling both the Muslims and the non-Muslims is obligatory and it is an obligation to be concerned with all of them and not ignore either party at the expense of the other. One must call the non-Muslims to Islam so that they would embrace it and come out of the darkness of disbelief to the light of guidance and faith, and one must also call the believers so that they would do what Allaah has ordained them to do.

Indeed, Allaah informed us that He sent Moosa (Moses) and ‘Eesa (Jesus), may Allaah exalt their mention, to both parties: to those who were originally believers but deviated (from the straight path) in their life, and to the non-Muslims, like Pharaoh and the like. Allaah Says about Moosa in regard to Pharaoh (what means):
“Go to the wrongdoing people. The people of Pharaoh. Will they not fear Allaah?”
[Quran 26:10-11] Also, Allaah told him in regard to the children of Israel (what means):
And We certainly sent Moosa (Moses) with Our signs, [saying] “Bring out your people from darkness into the light and remind them of the days of Allaah.”
[Quran 14:5]

In addition to this, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) used to spend most of his time in teaching, making Da’wah and educating the believers and purifying them, but he was also very concerned about the non-Muslims; he used to visit them in their places of gathering and call them to Islam and make Jihaad with them with the word and the sword until they embraced the religion of Allaah in multitudes.

As regards Chapter ‘Abasa [Quran 80] it is not a textual evidence about giving priority to the believers at all times, but it is evidence about not neglecting someone who wants guidance because of being preoccupied by calling the heedless people who deny the truth.

Therefore, the Muslims should endeavor to call both parties and the people in charge of making Da’wah should look to what is suitable for each situation so that the obligation should be fulfilled in regard to both parties.
So, the Muslim who came willing to ask about the rulings of his religion and the Muslim who is feared to go out of the fold of Islam come in priority over the non-Muslim who is still denying the truth and neglecting it, as it is the case of the non-Muslims who were mentioned in the question. On the other hand, the non-Muslim who is hoped to embrace Islam comes in priority over a Muslim who is holding tight to his religion and who wants to gain more knowledge about his religion. Therefore, it is the circumstance that determines who comes in priority.

Allaah Knows best.

www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/142321/


report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top
Rank Image
Offline
Unspecified
698
Brother
698
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 1st September 2020 15:08
Concerned wrote:
View original post

I never disagreed with your point. Both can be done simultaneously. Infact, if you want to get technical, there are ulema who say that dawah and tabligh is actually intended to be for non-Muslims. What we do with Muslims can be called reformation work with the Ummah, at best, not tabligh.

So yes, you can do it the way you see fit. It only makes more sense if more of the Muslims are doing it with you as well. Dawah to non-Muslims. But for them to be able to do that, they need to realize the importance of their own deen first. I am not talking about practice of deen. Many Muslims don't even realize these days what they are missing out on, what they are doing wrong, or that even what they are doing is wrong or not. I am sure a group of Muslims doing tabligh to non-Muslims will be more effective than a single person.
report post quote code quick quote reply
back to top