Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2020 02:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4KYGlyNWp4

A short clip by Maulana Ilyas Ghumman DB

Summary (paraphrased):

Quote:
A person wants to perform hajj, so he gets his passport made, registers with the hajj committee, pays the deposit, and if he is selected, he goes to perform hajj. However, if he does not get selected, and dies before he gets selected, will he be punished for not fulfilling the hajj? No, because he did everything that was within his powers.

Another person also desires to perform the hajj, but does not get his passport made, and does not register with the hajj committee, and says that in the times of the salaf, these things were not necessary, so why should I have to go through this system? Do you think this person will ever be allowed to perform the hajj? He refused to do what was within his powers.

The punishment for blasphemy is death in Islam. This does not mean that we take matters into our own hands. Here in Pakistan, the ulama tell us to follow the system, which is, to register a case against the one guilty of blasphemy, to hire competent lawyers, and try to get the person punished for blasphemy, because this course of action is within our powers. Now, if someone were to take matters into their own hands and kill the one responsible for blasphemy, and the law took its course against him, the person might not be able to bear the reaction of the judicial system.

To illustrate, assume that I was called to deliver a lecture in Quetta. However, the ulama of Quetta tell me that conditions are not favorable, so please postpone your plans. If I were to say, why should I postpone my plans? I am going to deliver the truth to the people. I am not afraid. If I disregarded the advice of the ulama and travel to Quetta, and am arrested and imprisoned, do you think it is reasonable for the ulama to come to my rescue? Would it be fair of me to now accuse the ulama of not coming forward to help?

Sometimes we take matters into our hands and disregard the ulama and accuse them of lacking ghayrah, and then when the law catches up with us, we accuse the ulama of not supporting our cause. How is this fair?
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2020 03:39
Does that mean the one who is able to bear the reaction of the judicial system is free to dispense the true justice in cases of blasphemy?
No post ratings
Rank Image
India
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2020 09:01
We are passing through the same time; But muslims are divided into 3 groups. Criteria is density of muslim population in their locality.
1. They are in Makkan Period
2. They are in Abu Bakr RA period, wait and watch.
3. They are in Umar RA period, nothing can stop them. They can't be shaken. It is free for all.

In India, my city, since my childhood days, I have witnessed all the three groups. I had stayed in all the three types localities.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2020 12:00
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Is this a rhetorical question?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2020 13:26
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Wasn't until then. Now, yes, it is also rhetorical.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2020 14:41
fod1083 wrote:
View original post

Then I hope you have your answer.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 28th August 2020 15:02
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I do.
+2 -0Like x 2Ameen x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 9th June 2022 17:27
Sultan Abdul Hamid II to the French Ambassador in 1890

twitter.com/freemonotheist/status/1534922788854804482?s=2...

In the late 1800’s, it became known to Sultan Abdülhamid II that a comedy play about the life of the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) was being performed at a theater in Paris, France. As the Caliph of all Muslims, this was an intolerable affront to Islam that Sultan Abdülhamid II wanted to put an end to. He wrote an ultimatum letter to the French government informing them that he was intent on stopping the play. After deliberating the matter, not only did the French government put an end to the play, they also exiled many of the actors to the United Kingdom to appease the Sultan.

After some time, the Sultan learned that the same derogatory play was going to start being performed in London. Sultan Abdülhamid II reacted to this news and wrote a letter to the British government with a similar ultimatum, and informed them that the play had recently been prohibited in France. The British government responded to the Sultan’s letter by stating “This is not France. We have freedom in our borders.”

Upon receiving this letter, Sultan Abdülhamid II wrote a fairly aggressive response to the British and stated: “My ancestors gave their lives without hesitation for the sake and success of Islam. In this vein, I will decisively prepare an order to the entire worldwide Muslim nation (Ummah) and inform them of your continued haughty attitude and persistence in allowing this disrespectful play to continue. YOU MUST NOW CONSIDER WHAT WILL BE THE OUTCOME OF THIS ORDER!”

The British, having had extensive diplomatic ties with Sultan Abdülhamid II had an in-depth insight into his personality. They realized that his words were not an empty threat, and immediately put an end to the theatrical play.

From the book “Osmanlı’dan Torunlarına Yol Rehberi”.
+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 9th June 2022 19:09
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2022 04:06
The Ottoman Sultan had the military might to make good on his threat. The Saudis do not have the military might to threaten nuclear armed France. The difference between then and now is the absence of a central Muslim authority and leadership, which was the Ottoman Sultan.

They retaliated in the only effective way that was available to them, economic boycott.

This economic sanctioning is so powerful that it got the fascist ruling party in India to take action against those who insulted the honor of our Prophet, on him be peace, and even pay lip service to a commitment to pluralism -- something that is unprecedented in their eight years of rule in India.

In our day, those who call for a pan Islamic political alliance should be appreciated because they are actively working to fulfill the fardh kifaya of establishing a unified global Muslim leadership.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2022 08:25
Not really, no. The fact that you are referring to military might as the factor that would help in standing up for our beloved (saw) is infact itself the reason that why the Muslims of today are unable to face the kuffar in such situations. We are seeking the backing of worldly means rather than Allah when wanting to confront kuffar.

I think it is safe to say that even if the Sultan didn't have the military might he still would have had ghairah enough to confront the kuffar.

It's the caliber of Muslims that decides such daring in any period of time. Of course we know that as time progresses the caliber will go down even further, so that is kind of expected, to be honest.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
India
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2022 09:54
The day we Muslims sacrifice luxury and desires, the world will be at our feet.

And this is nothing new to us, we do it in Ramadhan, Haj and when we are in tablighi jamaat.

The problem is Ajam says Arab must sacrifice their desires and luxuries and the Arab says Ajam should do it.

We are enslaved not through military means, rather we are fed with sedatives of luxuries and they crippled us..
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2022 10:19
The Muslims are facing insurmountable odds in Palestine and Kashmir. When we speak with the youth of these two areas, we see the fire of iman in them.

This fire is latent in all Muslims worldwide. We are now seeing glimmers of this fire in our Indian youth too.

There is more than sufficient military might possessed collectively by the Muslim world, but there is no central pan Islamic Muslim leadership to channel those forces.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2022 11:29
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

No doubt to the Imaan of the brothers. But a big part of the problem is our open sinning.

A necessary corollary to healthy Imaan would be to at least implement Shariah on our 5-6 foot body.

At the age of 23 years, Musa (alayhis salaam) began to associate with his oppressed people, Bani Israaeel. The elders of Bani Israaeel poured out their grievances to him and narrated the episodes of Fir’oun’s oppression and cruelty. The following discussion took place between Musa (alayhissalaam) and the elders of Bani Israaeel at this first meeting: MUSA: “Since when is Fir’oun oppressing you in this manner?” ELDERS: “Long before you were born. The oppression is continuing unabated to this day. When will there be succour for us When shall we be saved from this punishment?” MUSA: “This oppression is the consequence of your transgressions. Allah Ta’ala is not unjust to anyone. Supplicate to Allah Ta’ala that He should release you from this punishment and pledge that you will express your gratitude to Him.” ELDERS: (Unanimously pledging they said): “We wholeheartedly accept. We shall fast for Allah. We shall feed the poor for His Sake.” MUSA: “This is insufficient. Repent for your fisq and fujoor (rebellion and immorality). It will then not be surprising that Allah Ta’ala will remove your hardships. He is the Hearer and The One Who Accepts.”
+3 -0Like x 3
UK
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 10th June 2022 11:48
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Military might doesn't give an army victory. Read the story of the battle of Badr.
+0 -0Agree x 1